Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Dec 2007 at 8:39 PM
Default What happened to Holiday Stuff?
Has anyone else noticed that you can't buy it anywhere,
On the Bon Voyage Loader you can't see an icon,
They don't talk about it on the website,
Its not listed as a game on the page where they show all of the games,
I don't have it and I want it but I can't find it and I don't know what happened to it.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 13th Dec 2007 at 9:08 PM
This is unbelievable...

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/The-...roductDetail.do

Seriously Do you see that price? LOL I might get it and I don't even own any Stuff Packs.

Only thing is, they don't ship it.
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Dec 2007 at 1:00 AM
It says unavilable in all the stores I search at.
And I was asking why does Maxis(not eaxis or what ever that stupid thing is) ignore it as a stuff pack and why can you not find it anywhere.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 14th Dec 2007 at 1:17 AM
You can D/L (for free) almost all the items from the pack at the Exchange. Just search for MaxoidMonkey.

Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Dec 2007 at 4:41 PM
but I want the actual game and still no one is helping me. WHY HAVE THEY FORGOTTEN ABOUT IT?????? That is my question!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#6 Old 15th Dec 2007 at 5:02 PM
'EAxis' is a pretty accurate term for it because Maxis doesn't exist anymore at all. Even under EA it's now the Sims division, not Maxis.

As for why it's not listed under stuff packs on the main site and seems to just be unavailable in general... erm, ask them? We can't read their minds. It's kinda old now and clearly not a high-profit item if Circuit City is selling it for like $3. They're out of stock, but Amazon has some places you can get it from if you -really- want it. It's not that good though, honestly... bunch of hideous walls and floors that you'll never use and tons of spam in your build mode under doors and windows with frosted versions of them and with wreaths and stuff. Yech.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 18th Dec 2007 at 1:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
'EAxis' is a pretty accurate term for it because Maxis doesn't exist anymore at all. Even under EA it's now the Sims division, not Maxis.

true all true its like a "cover " now

anyway i bought fhs for what was it? 4.99 5.99? at my local woolworths but i did use most of the stuff earlier today by making a house for the claus family wich have been nesting in my famly bin for weeks
Field Researcher
#8 Old 18th Dec 2007 at 1:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by patm8991
but I want the actual game and still no one is helping me. WHY HAVE THEY FORGOTTEN ABOUT IT?????? That is my question!

Really, there's no reason to be so upset about it. It's not even an actual game, it just adds a bunch of content that you can download for free at their website. They presumably didn't make enough money off it, so they dropped it.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 19th Dec 2007 at 11:32 PM
it's seasonal, only available for a short period of time it's back in the stores again seeing it's Christmas
#10 Old 20th Dec 2007 at 2:14 AM
I saw it at Target today, if that helps
Instructor
#11 Old 20th Dec 2007 at 11:38 AM
I just picked this up at Best Buy a couple of days ago for a whopping 9.99... The pack is still out there, it is just a little hard to come by. I would (before running from store to store) call around to see if any of your local stores have it, and if they do, ask them to hold it for you. Most stores will be accomodating and put it aside for you for a few hours so you can get there to retrieve it. Good Luck. hope you find it.
Original Poster
#12 Old 20th Dec 2007 at 7:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MissTech
I just picked this up at Best Buy a couple of days ago for a whopping 9.99... The pack is still out there, it is just a little hard to come by. I would (before running from store to store) call around to see if any of your local stores have it, and if they do, ask them to hold it for you. Most stores will be accomodating and put it aside for you for a few hours so you can get there to retrieve it. Good Luck. hope you find it.

thanks. i hope i find it too.
Test Subject
#13 Old 22nd Dec 2007 at 11:08 PM
Sorry for going off-topic a bit but I feel to embarassed to make a new thread. But am I going loopy or are there TWO versions of the holiday expansion? I got one for Christmas last year and then it seems like they released a later edition with the same stuff plus more. Unfair! If only the well meaning relatives had waited a while longer.
Instructor
#14 Old 23rd Dec 2007 at 11:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by YamLin
Sorry for going off-topic a bit but I feel to embarassed to make a new thread. But am I going loopy or are there TWO versions of the holiday expansion? I got one for Christmas last year and then it seems like they released a later edition with the same stuff plus more. Unfair! If only the well meaning relatives had waited a while longer.

I think there may be 2 of them.... I am unsure, but I had d/l-ed using the EA downloader thing... a holiday expansion pack a couple of years ago. Since I did it that way, I am unsure of the name of exactly what I had downloaded. Then there is the 'Happy Holidays' stuff pack- the one I just picked up a few days ago. Then there is another pack called "Celebration Stuff" which (I think) has holiday as well as other party occasion stuff. (Picked that one up as well a few days ago.) Hope that helps!
Instructor
#15 Old 4th Mar 2008 at 2:39 AM
I was coming here to ask if the stuff pack for Happy Holidays was worth getting. I DO love Christmas, but the free tree I got from the main S2 site made all my Sims frown and then it caught fire by the fire place So is it worth getting in the long run? Its at my local Walmart for 10 bucks and it seems to be selling as they had 4 and now theres 1 left... So I wanted to know if I should jump on the wagon and buy it or not bother. The kids clothes are too cute tho!
#16 Old 9th Mar 2008 at 5:14 AM
I worte a review of the pack on Amazon.co.uk. I think it's OK, especially if you can get it cheap, but it is just some objects and a few interactions. It's not really a big deal, and I find I don't use the stuff much because it is all holiday specific.
#17 Old 14th May 2008 at 6:02 AM
There's a bunch of them on EBAY if you really want to get it. I have it [I found it in the used PC game section of EB games] and it's really just OK. There are only a couple of things in the whole pack that I really like, the rest of it is kind of 'bleh'. If you do go on EBAY for it, I wouldn't pay more than a few dollars for it.
Test Subject
#18 Old 14th May 2008 at 6:01 PM
Bit weird how EA did the whole holiday objects release -- the first holiday objects were included with the Sims2 base game as a special holiday purchase. (I ended up buying this "version" of the base game.) Most of the items in the holiday base game version were released on the BBS. You could also go on-line and purchase the complete set of holiday objects as an unofficial stuff pack. The next year they released an actual stuff pack with the "old" holiday objects and a handful of new ones. For those of us who already had last year's objects you had the option of purchasing only the new objects directly from EA's on-line website which is what I had to do.

Only reason why I remember this is because I was very confused about what to buy. Some stores had only the original base game, some stores had both the original version and holiday version base games, and some stores only had the holiday version. Turned out the holiday version was the same price as the original version so I figured I would save a couple of dollars and get the holiday items. :D
#19 Old 14th May 2008 at 8:50 PM
I only ever wanted the second holiday pack for the kimonos, then it turned out we got them in BV anyway.
Instructor
#20 Old 15th May 2008 at 6:07 PM

No, you're right, there was 2 Holiday Editions that came with the base game, as well as a stuff pack. I know because I had the Holiday one that came with the Korean Hanboks and the other edition came with kimono.

I'm actually looking for the one I had again because I sort of lost mine and want to buy it again... but don't remember which one it was- the 2005 or the 2006 version? 'Preciate much if anyone knows which edition had what.
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 31st May 2008 at 4:06 PM

:santa:
i thought that too. As when i went on the sims2 website they advertised the cover with clothes on (like the other SP's) and mine does'nt have clothes.I thought i was the only one and had a glitch but, i remembered my version-the cover is a red haired lady with that short hair bob thingy.

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
#22 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 6:25 PM
Yeah I remember panicking about this before.

I had ordered the pack and then found out there was 2/3 different versions of it. Bad marketing move.

Celebration Stuff is the one with EVERYTHING in it.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#23 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 10:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist_
Yeah I remember panicking about this before.

I had ordered the pack and then found out there was 2/3 different versions of it. Bad marketing move.

Celebration Stuff is the one with EVERYTHING in it.

No, Celebration stuff is totally different- that contains wedding and party items.

The Holiday pack did come in two versions- the original Holiday pack, which contains objects, clothes, Baby New Year and Santa. The Holiday Party pack was a seperate item that contained some clothes and items, but no new NPCs. In my opinion the Party Pack was the best value thing that EA have ever done, as I downloaded the exe from the EA downloader for £3 UK, and it contains some of the nicest clothes in the game (it installed as a patch, without needing the EA launcher to run). So the later Holiday versions of the basegame do contain these extra items.
Alchemist
#24 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 10:44 PM
Ah, Thats where ive gone wrong too. i have the holiday party pack and was wondering why i didnt get santa.
#25 Old 27th Jun 2008 at 7:04 AM
is this the one?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARyfxGwXLc4

cos i have these objects but it's not listed on my launcher
Page 1 of 2