Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 4:15 PM
Default who's got/getting ikea stuff pack?
like it says in the title...^^
and you can post pictures or links to them.

i've got it but needs to be installed
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 5:12 PM
I got it!

Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 5:28 PM
cool pictures..
is there any new stuff in cas??
Theorist
#4 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 5:40 PM
Nope. I was kinda disappointed too when I found out there's no new bodyshop items at all
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 5:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by treeag
Nope. I was kinda disappointed too when I found out there's no new bodyshop items at all

ohh i thought there would be...
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 5:46 PM
Ikea is a furniture department store.
So I don't think Body Shop was even thought of.

So long, my luckless romance
My back is turned on you
I should've known you'd bring me heartache
Almost lovers always do

Theorist
#7 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 5:50 PM
yeah but... a girl can hope :P
Alchemist
#8 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 5:56 PM
Got it, you can see some pics I took in the "Favourite rooms" picture thread.
I wonder why Eaxis thought we needed another paper lantern? I mean, I love paper lantern hanging lights, but haven't we already got 2, and now 3?
Test Subject
#9 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 6:06 PM
Ooh, check the refrigerator to see if your sims can make Swedish Meatballs
Alchemist
#10 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 6:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by divinebovine
Ooh, check the refrigerator to see if your sims can make Swedish Meatballs

:laugh: I wish!!
Field Researcher
#11 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 6:53 PM
has anyone had securom problems? I never had problems with securom until i downloaded the freetime patch. I had to uninstall it. I want this sp, but i'm afraid to get it.
#12 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 7:59 PM
I didn't have any securom problems but the tv doesn't have Freetime options. :/ STUPID STUPID EA.
Alchemist
#13 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 8:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SakuraKonekoChan
I didn't have any securom problems but the tv doesn't have Freetime options. :/ STUPID STUPID EA.

Oh, my, GOD... That's infuriating!
Compatibility issues with their own EP. Something is wrong with this picture!
Test Subject
#14 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 8:05 PM
I am not surprised to hear that the TV isn't up to date with FreeTime. EA really is a bunch of morons. D:

Anyway, that said, I just picked up the pack and am backing up neighborhoods before I install it in a few minutes.
Alchemist
#15 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 8:57 PM
I've seen a few cute pics thanks to you guys, but nothing to make me break my stuff pack boycott.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 9:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SakuraKonekoChan
I haven't got the SP yet, but I saw a fix for this already at modthesims2.

HERE: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=290438
#17 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 9:25 PM
I like the pack. The floors are disappointing and the walls aren't great, but the objects look nice. Although, there could be more objects. There's about the same number of objects as Kitchen & Bath, but minus the clothes, which makes it a bit disappointing. And I was kind of disappointed in the fact that there's no kitchen or bathroom set. IKEA has some nice looking bathrooms and it's not like K&B came with that much in the way of bathrooms. I mean, we got like 2 toilets, 2 sinks, a bathtub and a shower and that was it. So adding a few more objects for the bathroom wouldn't have hurt.
#18 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 9:47 PM
so, is there any stuff apart from furniture then? any animated objects?? is there anything thaT stands out, seeing as tables chairs etc. is the easiest stuff to download?
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 9:50 PM
I was surprised to receive my game today as well. Not one copy , but two!! LOL!! I have not installed any games on my laptop since bon voyage, due to securom. Now we will use the old PC from my son only for Sims games. That way it doesnt matter if we have to reinstall everything over and over again. Updates we will download onto a chip card and install on the old pc as it is not connected to the internet.

As a consumer , I must say that I am absolutely disappointed in EA's attitude towards us. They do not care if they sell products that my harm the average gamers machine. The goal is to sell , sell, sell. I continue to buy all the SP's and EP's for one reason only......I am a true fan and have all the EP's from Sims1 and just like the idea of having a complete series of the game.

Let us hope that they get this securom issue worked out before Sims3.

Huggles All!

Renèe
Alchemist
#20 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 9:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Selene1212
I haven't got the SP yet, but I saw a fix for this already at modthesims2.

HERE: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=290438

Wow that was fast lol
Test Subject
#21 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 11:06 PM
I think the objects are nice. Not that many (a bit disappointed) but all cute and matching (no stripes...) Some nice walls. Didn't really notice the floors. But, really nice paintings (but the poppy sticker is soooo disapointing, why didn't they make it into a sculture (that way it would be height adjustable) all the deco items are cute. But, they made a serie of cupboards looking scultures, why not at leats under surfaces??
Theorist
#22 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 2:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kittielickie
has anyone had securom problems? I never had problems with securom until i downloaded the freetime patch. I had to uninstall it. I want this sp, but i'm afraid to get it.

You won't get any SecuROM problems with stuff packs as you'll run the game off FT executable.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 4:15 AM
You'd think that at least for clothing they could have added employee uniforms for Ikea so that we could make an Ikea store with appropriately dressed Sims. But still, I love this pack and it's great with the items it includes.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 4:32 AM
Just a note, apparently it's not compatible with the MATY lot debugger. Many of the options will not work at all, if the lot debugger even shows up for you. Some people say it's not in their catalog, some say they can't get it to work if it does... As long as there are issues with my sacred batman box, I won't be touching this SP with a 10 foot pole
Alchemist
#25 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 5:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by treeag
You won't get any SecuROM problems with stuff packs as you'll run the game off FT executable.

Usually it asks me to use the FT exe when I try to run an SP, but this time it didn't. It started the game up with the FT load screen, even though I was using the Ikea icon to access it. Then, when I got in game, it said, "Welcome to Free Time!" and asked if I wanted gaming tips enabled. :\
Page 1 of 3