Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Space Pony
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 7:22 PM
Default The Sims 3 Pre-Release UI

I was digging through the FullBuild packages when I found this full image of a pre-release version of the UI.

The bottom row with the coffee cups is where moodlets would show up. The "revolving door" of new wishes would be contained in a thought bubble above the sim's portrait.

Discuss.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 7:37 PM
I like it better than the end result. I've said this before. It might not look good in widescreen (let alone in higher resolutions) and it might not make as much sense, but I like how it looks here.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Scholar
#3 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 7:45 PM
it looks like a console version or mobile version but still looks OK.

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Alchemist
#4 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 8:06 PM
I prefer the end result. I don't find this version very appealing.
Theorist
#5 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 8:38 PM
Interesting! Thanks for this. Prefer the final version, although white looks more clean.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Space Pony
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 8:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
I like it better than the end result. I've said this before. It might not look good in widescreen (let alone in higher resolutions) and it might not make as much sense, but I like how it looks here.

I agree. With a bit of polishing, it could have made a nice finished product. I wonder what the 1x, 2x, and 3x buttons in the bottom left were supposed to do, given that time controls are in the top left?

The only problem I see with it is the opportunities tab. With all expansions installed, there are 9 types of opportunities, way too many to fit in that little panel.
Scholar
#7 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 9:02 PM
i think the 1x 2x and 3x were zooming in or out maybe?

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#9 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 1:28 AM
You can definitely tell they gave themselves more creative freedom when designing TS4's UI. This rejected UI, design, after all, surely did not meet with the approval of whoever was in charge of putting TS3's together. Which would suggest that the layout was considered impractical in some way. With TS4, they clearly didn't give a shit about practicality. Or not as much.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#11 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 1:57 AM
Eh, I'm all for using keyboard controls and keeping as much unnecessary crap away from the control panel at once. TS4's UI is more spread out and less dense. I don't like that it occupies 3 corners of the screen, instead of 1, but I'm glad that they finally ditched the tired old TS1-style layout. Now personally I'd go for a lot less. Less is more. No camera controls, no huge wants and fears panel, no plumbob...Just a timer, a hamburger menu and some simple buttons for selecting game modes will do. If I want to see my Sim's mood and their deepest fears and desires, I'll just hover over them.

insert signature here