Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Feb 2014 at 4:37 AM
Default fit/thin morph issue
I finally pulled off a low poly nude replacement top with a more natural shape. However, when the thin and fit sliders are used together the shape gets very distorted. When each slider is used by itself, the morphs look good. I have to assume the problem is with the bone settings. I can't use the new top until I can get this combination to look good. Any suggestions?
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#2 Old 19th Feb 2014 at 5:10 AM
Or a vertex ID issue.
Are they numbered the same?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#3 Old 19th Feb 2014 at 6:55 AM
Fat, fit, and thin don't have bone components. Most likely what's happening is that your fit and thin morphs are reinforcing each other to create distortions. For example, both morphs make the breasts small, and when you combine them the breasts are too small. You have to look at where both morphs are doing the same thing and reduce the effect of one or both of them.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Feb 2014 at 7:35 AM
I have to assume they're numbered the same Bloom. I used ToolKit to create the morphs from the newly created base mesh with a high poly custom top as a reference. I had a huge problem with the nipples on the 1st attempt too. I got around that by not morphing them at all. The breasts were morphed and then the nipples were just duplicated from the base mesh. All I had to do was move them into place, join the verts, regroup and save. That area of the mesh didn't need any other work, it looks good in all morphs and slider settings.
Can you give some more detail about how the morphs combine Cmar? When both morphs cause a size reduction, is the overall effect some kind of an average of the 2 or is it cumulative? In other words, when morph 1 reduces the size by n and morph 2 reduces it by m, is the total change n+m or some fraction of the sum? I hope that makes sense -- I'm trying to get a feel for how much I need to change things. I did a lot of work rounding the underside of the breasts and that's where the biggest problem is. There are places where the mesh becomes concave when the sliders are maxed out! Its times like this that I wish I were more artistic. I can get things looking right eventually, but I end up moving each vert several times to get there.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#5 Old 19th Feb 2014 at 3:36 PM
The morphs add together cumulatively - the total morph is m+n.

Are you using TSRW to preview? My old MorphMaker has a MorphMingle feature that combines two morphs into one so you can preview the combo in Milkshape. Might be useful to put in Toolkit too.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=387348

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Lab Assistant
#6 Old 19th Feb 2014 at 3:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sciguy77
I have to assume they're numbered the same Bloom.

I have a feeling they're not. mostly because you mention having "Frankenstein'd " the nipples ,,,
Although it is possible to successfully edit morphs in Milkshake, It is fairly difficult to achieve and you have to use "Tools > Model Cleaner" and renumber the morphs afterwards.
but still, it isn't always successful.

with tops, you are limited to 10000 vertex (range from 5000 to 14999)

when i make a High-Poly top with more then 10K, I start with an out of range vertex ID# like 40000.

BobbyTH
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#7 Old 19th Feb 2014 at 4:17 PM
Since the morphs were auto-generated, consistency of numbering should not be an issue. For the nipples, duplicating them wouldn't change the numbering. It's possible there would be problems with the faces not matching but since face info isn't included in the BGEOs I doubt that would be a concern.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 19th Feb 2014 at 6:29 PM Last edited by sciguy77 : 19th Feb 2014 at 7:11 PM.
As far as custom body meshes go, this one has a low poly count. There are 3278 faces and 1913 verts in LOD1. The nipples account for almost 100 faces by themselves. The changes are pretty subtle, but it does give a more realistic look to the breast shape. I'm making the thin morph a little larger, and the fit morph a little more shapely. I've also had more than my fair share of disasters by editing morphs in MilkShape. I've got a pretty high success rate now though -- there are a few things you can get away with! With any luck the new shapes will play together a little nicer than the original morphs. I used the GNDv2 as a reference for the morphs by the way -- thanks for those Bobby!
I don't think this is a numbering problem. The morphs all look pretty normal, aside from the fit/thin deformity when they're used together. I'll update the post -- if necessary -- when I get the morphs tweaked.
EDIT: I somehow missed the post about MorphMangle. That is going to be a VERY useful tool! I have a couple of projects with this same problem, but the body mesh is one I've been trying to get right for so long I finally broke down and posted about it when I got the shadows/normals under the breasts looking right.
Screenshots