Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 9:18 AM
Default Who is this?
She mystifies me. What happened was this: in CAS I went to create Michael Jackson, changed my mind and hit the female button. This lady came up, with intriguingly pale skin, so she stayed as Audrey.

It wasn't until she took her first shower that I found she was not entirely barbie underneath. She married Dr Watson, and is a sober and industrious doctor's wife.

They have three bolts for each other.

This is their daughter:

I keep wondering how she came to be on my computer. In my sims folder I found these:
AnnDeLune_the Doctor_Sim, mel, and zj_jill. Is it one of those? Does anyone recognise her?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 9:45 AM
If you had Michael Jackson in your sim bin and hit the female button, she is simply a female Michael Jackson.
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 10:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
If you had Michael Jackson in your sim bin and hit the female button, she is simply a female Michael Jackson.

But he has dark skin, and hers is very pale. Moreover, she looks nothing like him.

I thought she must be the first in line of some downloaded ladies.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 10:22 AM
Probably just a random sim - the game will do that sometimes. That's how I got Ethan Redhouse.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#5 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 10:34 AM
I was working on the assumption that you'd chosen MJ, he'd loaded and then you'd hit female, in which case the game gives you a female version of that sim, but if you had the sim bin still open, it could indeed be a female premade you've got. One way to find out - go back to CAS, open your female sim bin and see if she's there. If she's not, it could be that he had gobs and gobs of photoskinning stuff that wasn't made for women.
Inventor
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 1:38 PM
Right, I've looked through all the custom-starred pre-made female sims in CAS. There were thirty of them, and all of them hideous. I can't believe I downloaded any of them! My melancholy blonde was not there.

I must admit that, since Audrey arrived, two other sims have turned up, secret society replacements for cowplant fodder, with her pale skin. I've not checked whether they have her other, non-barbie assets. Perhaps somewhere I've downloaded some default characteristics, though not whole skins. I find other creators' default skins rather ugly, not as pretty as Maxis.

Can no creator out there chaim responsibility for Audrey? You must look past the severe hairstyle I gave her for her position in society. Who made her? Pretty sure it's not SavageSim20, who made Michael.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 2:53 PM
I think Sushigal's suggestion that it might be the MJ skin but the female version of it might be a possibility. You get that with genetics that change with age or gender - with hairstyles, for example, you might get a new female hair but if you age the sim down to teen, it disappears. I particularly hate it when you only get a skintone with one age/gender option that has been changed and everything else has been ignored. I especially hate it when creators do all the other ages but ignore the elder sims. It might be worth trying out the MJ skin in CAS and changing the age and gender of the sim and seeing what you get.

When I DL something like that, there's a debate that goes on in my head as to whether I have enough interest in the CC as it stands to make the alterations to the missing ages/genders or whether I'll delete it in favour of a skin someone has made more user-friendly. Skins with lots of photoshopped content to get the appearance of one sim at one age might take a lot of work but they're not very playable. It's one of the (several) reasons I don't DL celebrity skins. You generally get redundant crap elsewhere in the game.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 5:18 PM
She's cute! And aww, what a happy couple! Have you downloaded any default replacement face templates? That'd be my only guess- CAS threw together a random skin and a random face template.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 5:45 PM
She actually looks kind of how I always pictured Mary Morstan, Watson's first or second wife depending on your interpretation of nitpicky inconsistencies. (Nothing is known about Watson's last wife except that Holmes didn't like her, probably because she insisted her husband consult her before running off on sidekick duty. I love Watson.)

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Inventor
Original Poster
#10 Old 30th Apr 2012 at 5:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
I love Watson.)

You love him too? Why do you think I spent so long trying to recreate him?

I couldn't find that hair anywhere, and I'm too stupid to make my own mesh. Ah well, I can dream!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#11 Old 30th Apr 2012 at 12:25 PM
It's Bilbo!

Mad Poster
#12 Old 30th Apr 2012 at 2:06 PM
Absolutely! Any given dramatic adaptation of Holmes stands or falls on Watson for my money. Any adaptation in which they get Watson right automatically does a tolerable job of Holmes, too, and from an audience engagement POV the crux of the series is the relationship between the two, so at that point you're home free.

Face it, you wouldn't want to be around Holmes for very long at a time, but you'd gladly eat dinner with Watson.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)