Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Blender 2.7 TS3 Tools v3.02 updated 5-2-14

by cmomoney Posted 15th Feb 2011 at 8:32 PM - Updated 2nd May 2014 at 4:08 PM by cmomoney

213 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 154 Feedback Posts, 58 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 9
Lab Assistant
#101 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 5:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by decat
I'm having trouble with installing the import/export helpers for getting the mesh into the right file type. i did rerad the intructions at the link you gave, but it's not very clear and really not helpful for people without much technical knowlege!

so: how do you install the import/export helpers and get them working?

I had the same problem as you that we don't know how to get the file type of it which is .s3m2b so I have gone researching of a way to get it done and after about 1 day of searching I finally found that you can export it into .s3m2b using s3pe. using meshHelper-s3m2b this program will be installed there in s3pe. if your done installing this program. you will see a tag called MODL right click on it you will see then import s3m2b / export s3m2b

Then you are ready to mesh your object ! YAY!

for less complex words:

-DOWNLOAD meshHelper-s3m2b
-Install meshHelper-s3m2b
-Open S3PE -Find MODL Tag
-Right Click at your item
-Export s3m2b
-Open blender
-Go to File->Import->.s3m2b
-Nevigate your .s3m2b

YAY it ! Worked thanks alot abd123 ! No problem !

If you need other helps please tell me !
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#102 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 4:17 AM
I had already figured all that out- but tried uninstalling and reinstalling and seems to working now!

this downlad of blender tools is really good, it gives people another FREE option other than milkshape!
Test Subject
#103 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 8:45 AM
Default trying to find s3m2b
Quote: Originally posted by abd123
I had the same problem as you that we don't know how to get the file type of it which is .s3m2b so I have gone researching of a way to get it done and after about 1 day of searching I finally found that you can export it into .s3m2b using s3pe. using meshHelper-s3m2b this program will be installed there in s3pe. if your done installing this program. you will see a tag called MODL right click on it you will see then import s3m2b / export s3m2b

Then you are ready to mesh your object ! YAY!

for less complex words:

-DOWNLOAD meshHelper-s3m2b
-Install meshHelper-s3m2b
-Open S3PE -Find MODL Tag
-Right Click at your item
-Export s3m2b
-Open blender
-Go to File->Import->.s3m2b
-Nevigate your .s3m2b

YAY it ! Worked thanks alot abd123 ! No problem !

If you need other helps please tell me !

I've been trying for about half an hour now to find s3m2b to download it, but the original link given isn't working. Every link I find that seems to mention it on Google leads me to confusing pages on sourceforge...anyone who can help me out?
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#104 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 1:10 PM
The link isn't working because Simlogical is temporarily down.

Direct links:
mesh helper auto-installer(.exe)

or

mesh helper manual install(.7z)

At the sourceforge page, you just wait for a second and the download dialog pops up.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#105 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 3:30 AM
Thank You!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#106 Old 4th Apr 2012 at 6:33 PM
hello is to save the files MOD and MODL, to folder s3m2b?
Field Researcher
#107 Old 1st May 2012 at 9:36 AM
Export doesn't seem to work with the new Blender 2.63...
I guess they broke compatibility again...
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#108 Old 1st May 2012 at 9:59 AM
Apparently so! Maybe it's better not to update Blender as soon as it comes out if you are dependent on compatibility with these tools

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#109 Old 1st May 2012 at 1:37 PM
Yes the tools won't work with 2.63. Bmesh has broken it. I'm currently working on an update.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#110 Old 24th May 2012 at 11:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Halie
if not its cool, my parents just got me a new computer so i might be able to support the sims 3 now, so this can get me ready

No, this is for TS3 objects. The plugin for sims 3 posing is here: http://www.den.simlogical.com/denfo...p41&topic=862.0

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#111 Old 28th May 2012 at 10:16 PM
Updated for 2.63. Please redownload.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#112 Old 29th May 2012 at 5:06 PM
Updated again 5-29-12
I broke the vertex assignments in lats update. Fixed now.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Forum Resident
#113 Old 30th May 2012 at 1:33 PM
Thank you so much for updating!
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#114 Old 2nd Jun 2012 at 2:40 PM
Updated again :6-1-12
Script wasn't grabbing all the bones, now fixed.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Lab Assistant
#115 Old 20th Jun 2012 at 12:09 AM
Hey Cmo the only addons I see in Sims 3 MLOD/MODL tools are the import export buttons.
I dont see EZ bake or the other options
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#116 Old 20th Jun 2012 at 12:26 AM
You have to have an object selected to see the rest of the panels.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#117 Old 3rd Jul 2012 at 10:20 PM
Can you make one for Sketchup as im more prone to use that?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#118 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 12:37 PM
you should make your dds plugin easier to find but thanks a ton for these plugins. makes modding life so much better.
Test Subject
#119 Old 8th Aug 2012 at 3:58 PM
My meshes refuse to export. I constantly get an error from blender that missing groups are detected. I use 2.63 and I've downloaded your latest tools. Thanks for these, by the way. You are a lifesaver for so many people, including me.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#120 Old 8th Aug 2012 at 5:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrayOwl
My meshes refuse to export. I constantly get an error from blender that missing groups are detected. I use 2.63 and I've downloaded your latest tools. Thanks for these, by the way. You are a lifesaver for so many people, including me.

I need to know the exact process of what you are doing to tell you the problem. that error means you are exporting less groups than you imported.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
#121 Old 8th Aug 2012 at 6:18 PM
I am attempting to create a distant terrain. I am following this tutorial by Armiel. Once I've exported the MODL from S3PE and imported it into Blender, I delete all of the EA distant terrain and model my own from scratch. Perhaps that is the problem: Am I not supposed to delete the EA distant terrain? Once I'm finished I select all, and I'm usually in edit mode, and then I hit export. I click on the original MODL_filebase.s3m2b file to overwrite it during export, and I get the error. I go the folder where I keep the .s3m2b to double check, and the file has not been modified since I exported it from S3PE. I've tried to vary things to see if they'll change anything, like not selecting my object, or changing modes, etc. I hope that makes it a little clearer.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#122 Old 8th Aug 2012 at 6:43 PM
You make your mesh separate. Then assign it to the same group as the EA terrain(see 'To assign a new mesh to a group' in Description). You also must be in Object mode to export. The actual .s3m2b file doesn't get modified, as it is really just a placeholder to find the group files(which do get modified).

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#123 Old 8th Aug 2012 at 7:56 PM
Ah. Thank you so much. The woes of being a newbie. lol
Test Subject
#124 Old 9th Aug 2012 at 11:03 PM
I need to pester you again, which I regret. I'm still having trouble with exporting. I have the tool enabled, I kept in object mode, I mesh swapped, my mesh is uv mapped. However, I get this error in the image below every time I export. If it's too small, here's what the message is (in part):
Traceback:
".../io_TS3tools.py" line 1730, in execute self write file()
".../io_TS3tools.py" line 1983, in writefile uvee +=('%.6f%(uvz[i][vert index][0]))
Index Error: list index out of range
location<unknown location>:-1

Thank you, thank you, thank you, for your patience. And again, I really apologize for pestering you with my noob troubles.
Screenshots
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#125 Old 9th Aug 2012 at 11:32 PM
Do you have the latest S3PE helper?

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Page 5 of 9