Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th May 2015 at 2:27 AM
Default Mapping is a beast
I cannot slay.
I am working on recoloring Short Side Braids by Simphany using trapping's twists because the sight of the blond recolor hurt me. The others were alright, but yellow and black... do not mix for blond. So I opened it up, and then discovered the radial mapping. Well, not for the braids; the side braids themselves adapted to the texture quite nicely. But the rest of the head also has rather straightforward mapping, which is troublesome because trapping's twists do not come in a radial version.

In order for me to complete this, I'd somehow have to highly distort the braids into the correct shapes (which I shudder at, because paint.net's distortion tools are extremely unpredictable), or draw the braids myself without having them look like llama dung.
So, which do you think is the best solution? Draw them myself, distort the braids, let someone else do the work?

In the meanwhile, I'll forego the trapping twists and simply reduce the contrast and tweak the color on the existing texture, by far simpler than this ginormous task I've set myself to.
Screenshots

I'm a young adult in poor health, trying to heal enough to complete my goals.
This is the song that never ends ~ It goes on and on my friends ~
my first ToT Challenge (which is actually indefinitely hiatus, I'm in a different TOT hood now)