Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sim Sourcery - Working wand for magic sims

by Echo Posted 17th Nov 2007 at 8:21 AM - Updated 8th May 2009 at 1:44 PM by Echo

295 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 273 Feedback Posts, 21 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 12
Lab Assistant
#101 Old 15th Dec 2007 at 1:41 AM
wow! and i thought i had everything!

"She says 'Is beauty all that matters?' and you say 'What else is there?!' You should write a book; how to offend women in five syllables or less."
Test Subject
#102 Old 15th Dec 2007 at 3:10 AM
looks great thanks!
Test Subject
#103 Old 15th Dec 2007 at 5:38 AM
This is brilliant! If someone could make a staff like this it would be cool too, but this is fabulous.

I bow to your brilliance!
Test Subject
#104 Old 15th Dec 2007 at 6:12 AM
Thank you, thank you, thank you!
I'm not making a HP neighbourhood, but I have this witch walking around who can't use magic, and this... this is just... words cannot describe the awesomeness.
So thank you xinfinity. Especially since it's a small download, because my computer is so slow at the moment.

Auron: Only a jackass can change the world.
Instructor
#105 Old 15th Dec 2007 at 9:25 AM
I'm sure all the people who want a Makin Magic remake would love this! Why is it Custom Content Creators always get it done before EA? I'll have to show this to my friend, Lissa. She loves having HP stuff in the game.

I don't get why so many Simmers hate Marsha Bruenig. She actually grows up to be quite pretty if you allow her to.
Test Subject
#106 Old 15th Dec 2007 at 1:30 PM Last edited by JCouto14 : 16th Dec 2007 at 1:57 PM. Reason: *Wanted to add something else*
I had a question...Will there be any updates to the wand such as additional spells or anything?

Besides all that I love this creation and I wish you all the best of luck!

Edit-I see what you meant now by those additional spells. I have also tested this object out in my sims home and I have to say that it is absolutely wonderful. The graphics and the effects are superb. I can only imagine something like this took alot of time.
Lab Assistant
#107 Old 16th Dec 2007 at 10:11 AM
WOW WOW WOW thank you it is the best thing im my game you are one of the most talented people in the sims2 comuity with this download in my mind
thank you

funney250 i makes homes for request so just ask
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#108 Old 16th Dec 2007 at 11:34 AM
No plans of my own for additional spells, but I know at least one person has made a couple which were included in a post earlier on this page.
Test Subject
#109 Old 17th Dec 2007 at 12:34 PM
I love the set... I have a technomancer family that uses it (yes, World of Darkness reference but they are fun)... though the 'kill' options seem to only just annoy... pity. Though great for getting rid of sims you don't want around. I guess I want them permanently gone I'll herd them to the cowplant. Still, GREAT for a theme and I love the hard work you put in.
Lab Assistant
#110 Old 17th Dec 2007 at 5:03 PM
it did not work because it did not show up in my game! why is this? half of it worked

Test Subject
#111 Old 17th Dec 2007 at 7:54 PM
Hey, I like how this can be used from the inventory. I've seen a sonic screwdriver from Doctor Who for the Sims 2 on this site. It's good but you can't use it from your inventory. I'd ask Dragonsire if he could make it so it would but he hasn't been on in a long while. Do you think you could take a crack at this?
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#112 Old 18th Dec 2007 at 11:41 AM
MalakaiV - The kill option should be pretty permanent... It's the same death code that the rest of the game uses, so I'm not sure what you mean.

funney250 - You've lost me there... It can't half work - this is one of those rare cases where the object either shows up and works, or doesn't work at all. What do you mean by "half of it worked"?

IchiroFuma - I too would like a sonic screwdriver, but I'm afraid I'm a bit snowed under with other projects I have to do at the moment. If you find someone who is willing to give it a shot though, they're more than welcome to hack these files apart to do so!
Lab Assistant
#113 Old 18th Dec 2007 at 4:04 PM
Could it be possible to make such a wand without needing Nightlife?
Test Subject
#114 Old 18th Dec 2007 at 9:16 PM
This works fantastic in game! Thanks for such hard work You rock!
Field Researcher
#115 Old 19th Dec 2007 at 8:27 AM
great idea. its a shame i dont have nightlife

the amount of pills I'm taking, counteracts the booze I'm drinking
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#116 Old 19th Dec 2007 at 12:46 PM
The "irresistibility" spell is pulled straight from NL, so that's pretty certain to break without NL. Other than that, it does require access to the inventory, so it needs something later than Uni.
Lab Assistant
#117 Old 19th Dec 2007 at 2:14 PM
what did i do wrong because it did not work

Test Subject
#118 Old 19th Dec 2007 at 3:39 PM
nice work. where can i see it????
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#119 Old 20th Dec 2007 at 12:24 AM
funney - You'll need to be a bit more specific. At what point did it not work? Could you find the wand? Could you put it into the inventory? Could you cast any spells?
Test Subject
#120 Old 20th Dec 2007 at 4:13 AM
I must be a complete idiot but i have no clue how to get it into my sims inventory. I have tried and it doesn't seem to stay anyone care to help?
Lab Assistant
#121 Old 20th Dec 2007 at 8:39 AM
[QUOTE=Echo]

funney250 - You've lost me there... It can't half work - this is one of those rare cases where the object either shows up and works, or doesn't work at all. What do you mean by "half of it worked"?

QUOTE]
what i mean is that i did not have the wond because it did not show up in my game and i could do kill and bleas

Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#122 Old 20th Dec 2007 at 12:05 PM
piper - you need to take the wand, put it on a table, go into live mode, open the sim's inventory, pick up the wand, then click inside the inventory window.

funney - are you saying that you could not find the wand object? It's under the Hobbies tab, fairly early on.
Lab Assistant
#123 Old 20th Dec 2007 at 6:20 PM Last edited by funney250 : 21st Dec 2007 at 8:43 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Echo

funney - are you saying that you could not find the wand object? It's under the Hobbies tab, fairly early on.

it worked thank you

i will have a look agian but i am seartent i look there i will tell you soon if it worked thanks

Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#124 Old 22nd Dec 2007 at 8:57 PM
okay I placed it in the sims inventory, but dont get the magic pie menu?
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#125 Old 22nd Dec 2007 at 11:54 PM
gdayars - have you got the magic skill installed?
Page 5 of 12