Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 1:23 PM
WCIF futurist rabbit hole?
Hi there!! I found a very nice empty world called Concoraadia prime II, is really futurist and I would like to have some futurist and alien rabbit hole, I don't have "in to the future expansion".
Can anyone help to find some nice and futurist rabbit hole?
thank you!!
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 9:22 PM
Lunar Lakes has some portal-like rabbitholes.

Otherwise you can get the rabbithole rugs and build your own rabbitholes to suit your tastes
Rabbithole rugs by Jynx: BOX link | MEGA link
Misty/Margaret Pendragon has more rabbithole rugs here: http://simsl3gacies.com/downloads/

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 11:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
Lunar Lakes has some portal-like rabbitholes.

Otherwise you can get the rabbithole rugs and build your own rabbitholes to suit your tastes
Rabbithole rugs by Jynx: BOX link | MEGA link
Misty/Margaret Pendragon has more rabbithole rugs here: http://simsl3gacies.com/downloads/

thank you for answer!! but, How exactly does work the rug?? sorry, it is the first time that I heard about that. I put a rug in a normal building and is coverted in a rabbit hole?
Alchemist
#4 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 12:52 PM
You build your rabbithole, then place the rug in front of the entrance door, and your lot will have the icon of the rabbithole in Map View You can recolor the rugs as you wish to make them blend in with the floor more.

Some mentions:
- the entrance door must be at least two tiles wide;
- the rug must face the door (the arrows must point towards the door);
- there must be a 1-tile free space around the rug, on the inside, otherwise Sims will throw a route fail error.

Basically like this:

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Field Researcher
#5 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 4:12 PM
Another great thing about using the rabbit hole rugs is that they can also be placed on a community lot that doesn't have a built structure. I've used the criminal rug on small parks, fishing spots and visitors allowed lots (changing the texture and color to match the ground). They work great.

I myself have never placed the rugs directly in front of or behind a door, and I've not had any problems with facing the rug in other directions. I do make sure that there are at least 2 or 3 tile spaces all around the rug when I use them in structures. Any door or archway works, but for high traffic lots, the wider the door the better.
Alchemist
#6 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 5:13 PM
You're right, the rug doesn't have to be next to a door (using them outdoors sounds neat, I'll have to give it a go). Things get a bit more tricky when the rugs are placed indoors, so it's always best to have enough space for routing I did a small test in-game and Sims seem to "slide" to the empty tiles on the right of the rug (if we're facing the door from the outside, in the image above).

And the best part is that you can have as many as you want on a lot, though it doesn't look too great in Map View if the lot is on the small side

Instructor
#7 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 5:26 PM
Very helpful information! Thank you both.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 12:34 PM
thank you so much !!! your are really helpful, I really like these rugs. One question more, can I build a entrance and put the rug behind other door? for example, I am building a hospital, can I put a reception and other door with the rug? And also, where can I find a rug for "Plumbob Pictures Backlot" (film studio) and equestrian centre?
thank you so much, guys!!
Alchemist
#9 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 1:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by la_rrocker
One question more, can I build a entrance and put the rug behind other door? for example, I am building a hospital, can I put a reception and other door with the rug?

Yes, you can have an entrance hallway if you want (so Sims would enter the lot, enter a transition room, then enter the room with the rabbithole rug in it).

I'd like to make a small correction to my first post, too: it's not the lot that gets the rabbithole icon, but the rug itself that triggers the Map View tag. Most lots with rabbitholes on them have their Map View icon replaced with that of the rabbithole on it. For example, you can build a lot for a hospital and name it "St. Simina Private Sanatorium" and it will show up as "Visit St. Simina Private Sanatorium" when you click on the lot tag in Map View, but once you put a rabbithole hospital on the lot the game will pull the name from the rabbithole.

With a bit of modding it is theoretically possible to prevent rabbitholes from overriding the lot map tags, but I don't think it would be worth it for most cases. Don Babilon made a fix for the Arboretum in Supernatural: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=540036

Oh, and make sure to set the lot as "No Visitors Allowed" before you place the rabbithole rugs or objects, otherwise the game will throw up a "Sims won't treat this lot as the type you listed it until you remove the special building". Of course, you can set the lot type to anything you want (maybe except Hidden Tomb ), it's just that EA typically designates lots with rabbitholes on them as "No Visitors Allowed".

Quote: Originally posted by la_rrocker
And also, where can I find a rug for "Plumbob Pictures Backlot" (film studio) and equestrian centre?

I have the film studio rabbithole rug from Misty, shoot her a message or e-mail I think she has the equestrian center too.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 2:43 PM
thank you so much fot the tips, I did not know about the "not allowed" lot .
Where can I contact her to ask for these rabbit hole? is she here (mts)?
Alchemist
#11 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 4:05 PM
I think she prefers being contacted on her website: http://simsl3gacies.com/contact-me/

but she also has an MTS profile: http://modthesims.info/m/3789023

and a Tumblr: http://simsl3gacies.tumblr.com/

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 5:19 PM
thank you so much! You are so kind!! I have just asked her. I will keep you up to date with the rugs and my world, these rugs are a very and essential mod, how can I live without these mods before? cheers again!!
Alchemist
#13 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 7:11 PM
Make sure you post pics of your rabbitholes!

Inventor
#14 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 1:29 AM
The Equestrian center rug and some of the others are available here http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...-hole-rugs-ts3/ now. Registration required to dl.

Shotgunning bland cucumbers since 1974
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 11:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
Make sure you post pics of your rabbitholes!

sure !! is gonna take time, because I want to build the whole city, so will be perfect!! :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 11:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MOOKIEBLAYLOCK
The Equestrian center rug and some of the others are available here http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...-hole-rugs-ts3/ now. Registration required to dl.

thank you!! the creator told me the same, I have tried sing up, but I am still wating the verification email. I sent a message to the web administrator, and of course, I checked trash and spam folder before but is not there. Do you know if take a long time to answer?