Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 8:02 PM
Default What would you most like to see in a TS3 mod?
So, everyone has their beefs with the game, story progression aside, and while modding for this game might still be in its infancy due to some technical reasons... at some point, there's no reason to think it won't be as heavily modded as TS2... So, I'm just wondering, sheerly for discussions' sake, what everyone most wants to be modded in the sims 3.

Here's my short list:

1. Number ONE on my list, the thing that bugs me the absolute most, simply because of its sheer stupidity, is the autonomous put away fire pit action!!! Every single time I'm not watching one of my sims, she goes over to the portable fire pit and puts it in her inventory. Sure, it's a nice feature if you WANT them to do this, (i.e. if you tell them to) but I want that fire pit to stay right where it is, dammit!

Sorry about that, I get kind of heated about that topic. (ba-dum... )

2. An "ask to join" option for the pool would be GREAT, so's I could actually have a pool party... Otherwise everyone just stands around...

3. For houses with multiple tables, it would be nice to be able to tell my sims which table to eat at, they always seem to choose at random (yes, sometimes they choose one that is farther away rather than a closer one) and I'd like for them to be able to all eat at the same table, as a family. This is why I really miss the way "serve ___" worked in TS2... when they would actually put a plate out for each other sim in the family. It might've been wasteful when not everyone was eating, but it was also just... nice. You know?

4. A way to turn off the "shoo out of room" syndrome would be nice... Seriously, privacy is not that important for some people. And the embarrassed moodlet is such a pain.

That's all I can think of at the moment. What are yours?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 8:06 PM
I would like a "cuddle on the couch while watching tv mod".... right now my sim couple can only do one or the other together. HELLO??? Who doesn't like snuggling with their significant other for some quality romance television?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 8:09 PM Last edited by BailaBaila99 : 18th Jun 2009 at 8:22 PM.
YES! Thank you! That's one I forgot. I totally agree.

Oh, and an option to fight the repo man would be nice. :D
Test Subject
#4 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 8:10 PM
1. The ability to create a ghost (or an easier way to make one)
2. More trait slot's for the younger age's (child,young adult etc.)
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 8:25 PM
Be able to port Sims 2 animations into Sims 3? I know this might be too much for now but it would be awesome.

I would to see the smooch and "make out on the couch (Sims 2 style)" animations return to Sims 3. Also what about flying? It would be awesome! :D
Instructor
#6 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 8:41 PM
There is one reason to think it won't be heavily modded. There can be only one...when it comes to global mods in this game.

As for things like custom hair, it's been two weeks. Has anyone seen even a crappy new mesh ANYWHERE? I seriously don't expect Sims 3 to have a bunch of mods like Sims 2. Hell, there isn't even a way to do a custom neighborhood...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 8:49 PM
alyria, there's loads of possible ways to get around the "highlander rule" (there can only be one)... One that everyone has thought about is a program that would take smaller mod files (to be uploaded and downloaded throughout the community) and compile them for you into one big file in your sims 3 folder. This way, when you find a mod you like, you just download it, and port it into your bigger mod.

It's possible. And, as you said, "it's been two weeks." That's not a whole lot of time, m8.
Theorist
#8 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 8:55 PM
Not really a mod, but I'm going to be really happy when I see some new eyes. The Sims 2 had awful eyes, and The Sims 3 has even worse eyes. I know some people have complained in the past about the freakish realism that "real" eyes bring to the game, but the vacant doll-eye stares of the base games bother the hell out of me.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 9:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mistermook
Not really a mod, but I'm going to be really happy when I see some new eyes. The Sims 2 had awful eyes, and The Sims 3 has even worse eyes. I know some people have complained in the past about the freakish realism that "real" eyes bring to the game, but the vacant doll-eye stares of the base games bother the hell out of me.

Check out the downloads section. Aikea Guinea made a stunning set of replacement eyes

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=348047
Scholar
#10 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 10:32 PM
Create a sim with decent looking base people!

Imagine a world without hypothetical situations
Test Subject
#11 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 10:32 PM
Am I correct in assuming a mod would affect gameplay elements, and should not necessarily include items or objects? Such as half walls, hot tub, etc...?

If so, I really wish someone could come up with a Murder Mod. For poisoning, strangling, stabbing, etc... More creative ways to kill NPCs other than walling them up. That just takes way too long and as a virtual serial killer, just isn't very fulfilling...
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 10:51 PM
Don't know about a mod, But would like to see a version of SimPE that worked with it.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#13 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 10:53 PM
There isn't going to be a SimPE for TS3. The mod creation tools will be different, and mostly modular, small tools that do specific things. Several are already available, and more are in development.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#14 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 10:58 PM
ok can somebody plz make this

unlimited familymembers in 1 lot cause i have having just 8 mebers per house its driving me mad allways switching to this house to then next i just want to see the whole familyunder 1 roof like the old hack/mod for the sims 2 plz make it
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#15 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 12:17 AM
This is a "what would you like to see" thread, not a "plz make 4 me" thread, tad4. Modding is still in its infancy - while such a thing is likely possible it may not be done for a while.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Theorist
#16 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 12:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by blondynka
Check out the downloads section. Aikea Guinea made a stunning set of replacement eyes

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=348047

Wow, posted just a few hours before I said I'd like some. Now that's service!

OK, that having been done...

What would be really neat is if someone could figure out how to mod Sims into graphic regions for a layer that overlays everything but the clothing skin. Sort of an always on invisible clothing set broken up into lots of regions like the other objects and clothing, so that tattoos, skin variances, etc could just be thrown into the slot(s) and played with. I think it would even work more or less consistently with the other patterns we've already got (even if they'd obviously need new, separate patterns. They even have something like it with the existing freckles/beauty marks bit.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 12:39 AM
So I have the mod that makes the Grim Reaper playable. What I'd like is one that lets him keep his reapiness. The swirling black aura and awesome voice. Rather than sounding like a nerdy teenager who's been kneed in the groin. kthx.
Test Subject
#18 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 12:46 AM
Lockable doors.
Bed ownership.
Test Subject
#19 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 12:47 AM
I'd like to see more modding to allow me to play in a TS2 style of switching between the various households of my created sims and playing them each for a few days or a week of in-game time without them aging or doing crazy crap or losing their inventories and whatnot (I'm pretty satisfied with the way awesomemod has been developing in this regard). Something to turn down the amount of money received for selling bugs and a few of the other collectibles, everytime I have a sim catch a bug it's some ZOMG super-duper rare find worth 700 sim dollars. And on the same note something to turn down the rate of career progression, I'm getting promoted all the daggum time. It's too easy to make money in the game, which might not be a problem if there was more stuff to buy (which is really the kind of custom content I want right now, especially decorative items), but there so few things to buy and it's so easy to rack up money, everybody has everything and I have to work to get a bit of diversity. And speaking of diversity, just more of it in all areas, especially animations and interactions.

So tl;dr version: I want mods to facilitate more TS2 style play, to add more challenge, and to add more diversity.
Banned
#20 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 12:51 AM
I would most like to see something exactly like insim. using insim in the sims 2 is a LOT of fun. There's so much you can do with it, and since I'm a cheating player, I have a lot of fun with cheating mods, and insim is the perfect, immaculate cheating mod.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 12:58 AM
Actually, I'd like to see a mod that would allow me to set my Sim children's grades to an A at any point, so I can grow them up, be able to choose their traits, and get them the hell outta my Sim house lol!
Field Researcher
#22 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 1:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BigD145
Bed ownership.

That's already in the game -- just stop having them sleep in different beds, and it'll be marked as "theirs" when another person wants to kip in it.

I'd like a way to choose the last name of a family, regardless of who initiates the marriage. Just because I'm controlling the female of the couple and won't risk switching my active household, doesn't mean the groom (or other bride) has to take HER name. (Same with my guy/guy pairs -- I hate this.)
Alchemist
#23 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 1:05 AM
Everything Awesomemod does!

Seriously though, Pescado really nailed the important stuff, and very quickly. I would have quit playing the game if not for that mod.
Inventor
#24 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 1:11 AM
I'd like some custom meshes. I want to create my favorite anime characters accurately and it's very hard to with limited meshes.
transmogrified
retired moderator
#25 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 1:11 AM
A "Sunday Paper" -- a mod that reports all story progression news for the previous 7 days in one sitting with the Sunday paper.
Page 1 of 28