Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st May 2015 at 7:21 PM
Default Mods not working
Alright. So first of all, I have The Sims 3 Deluxe. Meaning I have all the DLC if that is of any importance. Secondly, I've installed mods and had them work before, and I'm pretty sure I had it saved somewhere other than everyone tells you to save it; i.e My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 3/Mods. Thirdly, that is where I have my mods installed now and one that was previously working is now not working. Is there anywhere else I could save these mods? And yes, I've extracted the Framework though I don't remember having to that when I had my mod originally working. And finally, one more thing that I thought might be important, which is actually two now that I think about it. I have "The Sims 3 Deluxe Editon" saved in a custom directory; On my D drive because that's how my computer was built. And the Electronic Arts folder only says "The Sims 3". Could that be my problem?
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 21st May 2015 at 10:16 PM
Um, not trying to be a smartass, but you're supposed to put the mods in the Packages folder in My Documents/.../Mods.

I have TS3 installed on a different partition as well (C:\ is too small) and have separate folders for each expansion pack, aside from the basegame.
By "Deluxe Edition" do you mean Basegame + Ambitions? What DLC are you referring to, Store content?

Do your mods not show up in game at all or just don't work? By "mods", do you mean only gameplay alterations or any custom content?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th May 2015 at 2:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
Um, not trying to be a smartass, but you're supposed to put the mods in the Packages folder in My Documents/.../Mods.

I have TS3 installed on a different partition as well (C:\ is too small) and have separate folders for each expansion pack, aside from the basegame.
By "Deluxe Edition" do you mean Basegame + Ambitions? What DLC are you referring to, Store content?

Do your mods not show up in game at all or just don't work? By "mods", do you mean only gameplay alterations or any custom content?

Sorry, I forgot to mention that. I just meant the mods folder in general. I do have them saved in Mods/Packages. The Deluxe Edition was available for purchase at some point or something, and it's literally just The Sims 3 with all the expansion packs. Into the Future, etc. Including all the Stuff packs. And I don't remember if I've managed to get the game running or not yet. I just tried now and it actually crashed. As for the mods, I'm not really sure what I'd call it. Custom Content, I suppose. I tried deleting a mod that I thought might be conflicting and I'm going to restart my computer now.
One Minute Ninja'd
#4 Old 24th May 2015 at 5:55 PM
While not helpful to your current situation, I am surprised by your ability to buy a complete TS3 with all EPs and SPs included. I had no idea that was ever offered in any format with all the items in one package for sale.
Instructor
#5 Old 24th May 2015 at 8:09 PM
I thought they only offered the Sims 2 Deluxe Edition? Where did you buy this? I bet it was a load of money.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#6 Old 25th May 2015 at 2:02 AM
@ZomBrony
I'm pretty sure that if EA had sold TS3 with all the expansions and all the stuff packs - everyone here would have known about it. That's something that would've caused quite the stir. So I'm going to have to go out on a limb here and assume that you've downloaded your game from a torrent. If that's the case, you won't get any help with your game here at MTS seeing that we don't support pirated games.

I will tell you this much though - you're more than likely going to have to shell out some money if you want to play since pirated games are notorious for not working like they should.
Locked thread | Locked by: plasticbox Reason: Answered.