Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th May 2015 at 3:14 PM
Default My game is Jerky and sticking. What could be the problem?
Hello fellow Simmers. I have an issue, every since I used the camera to take a screen shot of a new home I built, and to take a few photos of one of my couples on a date, my game has been sticking and jerking during Live Mode. Game play is losing the fun factor now. I had recently installed some Mods in my game that day as well. So I removed all new MOD package files from the game, but it's still jerky, seeming to lock up for a bit and sticking. Can someone tell me what else could be the reason for this? It's really affecting the fun for me while playing the game. This issue is occurring on my residential and community lots! Thank you for your help in advance.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 7th May 2015 at 5:42 PM
Not knowing what your system and graphics card is it's hard to tell what the problem might be. Seeig it is doing this even with your Mods out the problem might be graphics. Have you tried adjusting the Graphics and/or Video Capture in the games Options?
There might be some other useful suggestions in the Other Tips Column in Game Performance Tips
#3 Old 7th May 2015 at 11:03 PM
There's a sims 3 help forum.

When my game does that, it means I've loaded up the computer: too many sims, too big of a world, progression is on. What's the world that came with the kewl houseboats? Yeah, that one. Too big.

The answer for me was a smaller worlds, and fewer sims.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th May 2015 at 12:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by stuart-grey
There's a sims 3 help forum.

When my game does that, it means I've loaded up the computer: too many sims, too big of a world, progression is on. What's the world that came with the kewl houseboats? Yeah, that one. Too big.

The answer for me was a smaller worlds, and fewer sims.
I only have one family that I'm playing, and another family in another neighborhood. I only have four buildings built so far. not including their houses. These are the same buildings I was playing in the other neighborhood. I honestly just started playing the Sims3 again 3 weeks ago. So it can't possibly be that. I haven't even ventures to the other worlds yet.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th May 2015 at 12:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
Not knowing what your system and graphics card is it's hard to tell what the problem might be. Seeig it is doing this even with your Mods out the problem might be graphics. Have you tried adjusting the Graphics and/or Video Capture in the games Options?
There might be some other useful suggestions in the Other Tips Column in Game Performance Tips
I have the latest Radeon graphics card. I just got my new computer almost a month ago. My Graphic cards is integrated and has it's own memory. Maybe there is a particular setting I should be using to play the Sims? I have it at 1920/1080, which is what is recommended. I wasn't having any issues before, just every since I took those screen shot photos. After that, dragging and jerking.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 8th May 2015 at 12:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
that page was really helpful, Aexcept they don't tell you where to download Overwatch or Error Trap to. What folder do I download these programs to? If i have a bad object in the game, I want to know about it.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 8th May 2015 at 12:34 AM
With everything so new it's probably not your system...perhaps others more tech savvy will have some questions/suggestions for you along those lines. In the meantime, you might want to check the In Game Options settings and see if re-adjusting those makes a difference. Also, have you considered trying taking photos in a different world to see if the same thing happens?
Instructor
#8 Old 8th May 2015 at 12:42 AM
Are you using the 'C' computer key to capture your screenshots or another method (camera)?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 8th May 2015 at 1:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lindali365
Are you using the 'C' computer key to capture your screenshots or another method (camera)?
Yes, I am using the C. I honestly haven't taken that many photos or videos. I've only taken two videos and 6 photos. I was posting in the Help section, because the Admins told me too. So they will probably close this thread. Thanks for your help.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 8th May 2015 at 3:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mahoganywood
that page was really helpful, Aexcept they don't tell you where to download Overwatch or Error Trap to. What folder do I download these programs to? If i have a bad object in the game, I want to know about it.

Glad that page was some help to you. Assuming you already have a Mods folder the NRaas mods should be downloaded to your Mods/Packages folder. Overwatch and Error Trap do a great job of cleaning things up and reporting game errors/conflicts. It might take a couple of game sessions but the mods will generate script errors identifying problems which can be uploaded and read over at NRaas. See How To Upload . You will need to register over there. If you need more help with the mods or relevant game issues post in Chatterbox. The Developer is on site and the membership is experienced with the mods.