Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th May 2015 at 1:36 AM
Default What is DC Backup? And why do I need it?
I've just discovered that I have a lot of custom content package files installed in my game, that are conflicting with DC Backup? Before I start to remove these files, can someone please tell me the significance of the DC backup folder? Do I need the files in that folder? Thanks.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 8th May 2015 at 1:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mahoganywood
I've just discovered that I have a lot of custom content package files installed in my game, that are conflicting with DC Backup? Before I start to remove these files, can someone please tell me the significance of the DC backup folder? Do I need the files in that folder? Thanks.

There is a good explanation of the DCBackup (and other game folders) On This Page . For myself, seeing I do not export game object files I always delete the files in the DCBackup folder. But Never the comerged.package file
dodgy builder
#3 Old 8th May 2015 at 9:47 AM
You don't need to delete, just move the folder to a backup folder on your computer. Somewhere the game can't reach it, that way it's not reversable if you do anything wrong.