Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#76 Old 13th Dec 2008 at 3:12 AM
I'm just starting this challenge :-) Don't know how far I'll get with it though, I never play big families because they drive me nuts, so I'll probably get annoyed with them all and give up quite quickly....

I'll post some pictures tomorrow :-)
Advertisement
Scholar
#77 Old 13th Dec 2008 at 6:42 AM
Default Midnight Mayhem, Monday Madness & Mysterious Mysteries

"It's only midnight. I think I'll get out of bed and see what's happening in the house."

"Oh, I see Donte is up playing with his plane."

"And Knute and Elise are out playing catch . . . "

"Get back to bed!!!"

Just sitting around filling their bladders. And lo and behold, at 2:38 a.m. Grover Keneedy makes a pit stop to invite Knute to join him at Dreamy Fields. Perv.

First mystery of Monday,: Ree is talking to Nathen about her love for her? A woman? A woman she's never met? Interesting.

"Did I not say, GET BACK TO BED!!!???"

I made them all go to bed by four a.m. since they had school in the morning and Fahrquar had to go to his fun job mid-morning. They should get some rest, eh?

More mysteries and mayhem coming after I finish cropping and pasting a few photo's.

Here's my score at the end of week 1:

ORPHANGE CHALLENGE SCORES

WEEK 1
MONDAY:
-15 Ree makes a puddle.

TUESDAY:
-15 Nathen makes a puddle.

WEDNESDAY:
-15 Mehrissa makes a puddle.
-15 Conrad makes a puddle.

THURSDAY
+5 Nathen makes friend, Gaven Newson.
-15 Ree finds plates make good pillows.

FRIDAY:
+20 Disturbia B'Havur learns to walk.
-15 Jay makes a puddle in front of the pot.
-15 Lyndsay makes a puddle in front of bathroom.

SATURDAY:
+20 Erratika B'Havur learns to walk.
+15 Fahrquar gets promoted to Birthday Party Mascot.

SUNDAY:
+20 Gothika learns to walk.
+10 Erratika B'Havur grows up gold.
-15 Erratika B'Havur takes up sleep-standing.

-15 TOTAL WEEK 1

1st Place : Superb Sibling, Hearts Consume the Stars Contests
2nd place : Daddy N Me Cycle 2 Alien Edition, Sims Real Estate Contests
3rd Place : World Zombie Model Agency Contest
4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
#78 Old 13th Dec 2008 at 3:30 PM
Default Welsh Family Orphanage: Day 2 (Wed.)
Great pics, Deatherella!

This challenge definitely isn't getting any easier for me or Analise! I finally saved enough money to get toys for the toddlers, but they won't play because their other needs are always so low!

The teens continue to be of great help, though. Even if they don't like it :eviltongu

It took me nearly 7 sim hours, but I was able to get all of the children and teens to finish their homework!

I still don't have enough money to make a room for my adults, so for now Yolanda has to share a bed with her daughter...outside.

Oh, and Analise found another job

Points so far
Still 50pts.
#79 Old 13th Dec 2008 at 3:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by novemberlove
That's interesting, both of my adult sims are female, and when I spawned the babies they were all girls.

You've probably used other sims to spawn them It's not a theory, it's how the game works.
#80 Old 13th Dec 2008 at 4:55 PM
You're right, there were so many children on the lot, that by the time I spawned infants I'm not sure who I had selected anymore :P
Test Subject
#81 Old 13th Dec 2008 at 5:20 PM
Great pics guys...I"m glad we have more players now.

Deatherella are you going to spawn another kid since your week is up?

I believe i'm on Friday so i still have a few days to go. 3 of my toddlers just grew up so that was a relief for the parents. :D
Test Subject
#82 Old 13th Dec 2008 at 6:24 PM
Default Friday
I'm going on to play now but here are some pics from yesterday!

Things were kinda crazy around the nursery!

But things quieted down when there was only 3 toddlers left, i actually got a chance to potty train and teach :D

The adults were finally able to sit down and enjoy themselves.

Some of them also found a new hobby :D
#83 Old 13th Dec 2008 at 7:14 PM
Lucky you, Flutie! For me the worst part of this challenge is homework. I've managed to teach toddlers all their toddler skills and keep kids happy but teens just complain all the time and so their homework never gets done. Right now I'm about to have all the children taken away by social worker due to their bad grades
I'm thinking of starting mini orphanage with less kids.
Forum Resident
#84 Old 13th Dec 2008 at 8:30 PM
broo - "Red hands" is your friend. Find someone that they are about 30 friendship points with and see if play red hands comes up. Three interactions of that takes a severely red fun to green, and it doesn't take a long time. I just have them use the bathroom first if no one is available they can play with. Sometimes the last one off the bus is the only friend, so I feed them and let them take a shower too while waiting to play. Red hands before and after homework works so well for me that I take away from skill building to work on friendship building. Once everyone is friends with each other, it is truly a lot easier. When I have enough money, I rotate them through the chess sets alternating partners to build up friendship and skills at the same time. Watching the Yummy channel together is also good, but I have no room for a television and viewing room right now. Maybe when I don't have toddlers anymore... Anyway, good luck!

Also, did you know that you don't have to wait out the entire potty training time? The sim only has to put the tot on the potty and start to turn around. When you see that blue skill bar starting to appear over the tots head, you can cancel the sim's action (not the toddler's). The toddler will continue to "go" and skill, but the sim doesn't have to stand about and wait and cheer afterwards. You have to cancel the action before the sim completes the turn or they will wait it out even though the action is cancelled like the making of the bed.

Great pictures everyone!
Test Subject
#85 Old 14th Dec 2008 at 4:26 AM
Default Orphanages
I decided to put together some quick links for each orphanage...this will be updated in post #1 only.

But here is what it stands at now

Also i added some new pics to my update a few posts up :D

ok here is the families so far

Existing Orphanages
Need inspiration? Check out pictures from our challengees' orphanges!

Ciane: Meet the Orphange Update #1 Update #2 Update #3

Deatherella: Meet the Orphanage Update #1 Update #2 Update #3 Update #4 Update #5

FrenchFlutie10: Meet the Orphanage Update #1

Novemberlove: Meet the Orphanage Update #1 Update #2
Scholar
#86 Old 14th Dec 2008 at 9:56 AM
Default Monday Part Deux
Next mystery:

Where are the around ten kids that already got on the bus? Some day, if my orphanage ever has enough money, I'm going to order up a taxi to take them all to the park or something so I can look in the window and see twenty-some peeps crammed in there. But the vanishing children on the bus is rather eery.

"Oh, no! I missed the bus!"

Fahrquar thought he'd take a jaunt about the yard and see how many holes the teens left to be filled, when lo and behold! Look what fell out of the sky in front of him!

Next mystery:

Who is that woman back there? Did she just toss a kid Fahrquar's way? And are you seeing how we've inherited another infant that looks so much like Fahrquar that it could be his twin? If she were a boy, that is? Hmmmmm.

Oh, that young lady would be Afaxia Brryndtbrayne Fahrquarson. (Pronounced Aphasia Burntbrain. I so love to make names go together.)

Mayhem:

One of the teens brought this college boy home from school. Instead of hanging with someone almost his own age, for the first time ever, he lures little Miss-I-Missed-The-Bus-Erratika down into the never before used unfinished cellar. That is some totally sick behavior I never expected out of a Sim.

Madness:

Smell my fart.

Youu people disgust me and I'm leaving.

Mystery:

Note how Willow Lee is pointedly ignoring Camry Lee sneaking up behind her and trying to catch her attention? I thought Willow said her parents died of old age . . .

Daisy and Willow Lee. Sisters or not?

4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
#87 Old 14th Dec 2008 at 1:25 PM
Thanks, frenchflutie! It'll make it much easier to keep up with everyone's progress

Great pics, Deatherella. Are your children in private school? (one of the teens is wearing a uniform). I may try to invite the Headmaster over one day, but definitely not now! (especially with the toddlers leaving a mess wherever they go )
Test Subject
#88 Old 14th Dec 2008 at 4:20 PM
Default New Rule
Thanks for the pics guys...and i'm glad you like this Novemberlove, i like being organized

So anyways, it was brought to my attention that some of you might want to get rid of some of your teens earlier

I added a new negative points score it is
-50...any one other than an adult that moves out...unless your teenager is within 4 days of adulthood

so you can ship your teens off 4 days or less before they turn an adult if you want, but you wont get those 4 days of points but you won't be punished for doing so either

if there's any confusion let me know :D

awesome
FrenchFlutie
Instructor
#89 Old 14th Dec 2008 at 5:50 PM
I would love to do this but a big one slows my game down to a crawl is there any rules for a MINI Orphanage mabye with less kids or something
#90 Old 14th Dec 2008 at 8:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ciane
broo - "Red hands" is your friend. Find someone that they are about 30 friendship points with and see if play red hands comes up. Three interactions of that takes a severely red fun to green, and it doesn't take a long time. I just have them use the bathroom first if no one is available they can play with. Sometimes the last one off the bus is the only friend, so I feed them and let them take a shower too while waiting to play. Red hands before and after homework works so well for me that I take away from skill building to work on friendship building. Once everyone is friends with each other, it is truly a lot easier. When I have enough money, I rotate them through the chess sets alternating partners to build up friendship and skills at the same time. Watching the Yummy channel together is also good, but I have no room for a television and viewing room right now. Maybe when I don't have toddlers anymore... Anyway, good luck!

Thanks for the tips! I'll definitely use them. I'm planing on starting a new orphanage right after I'll put my daughter to bed All the kids from my old one got taken away few hours after my last post here..
#91 Old 14th Dec 2008 at 11:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TrillianRikku
I would love to do this but a big one slows my game down to a crawl is there any rules for a MINI Orphanage mabye with less kids or something

There are no rules for mini challenge but I guess they would be the same as for the usual one. Just with less kids. At least that's how I was going to play it.
Scholar
#92 Old 15th Dec 2008 at 12:30 AM
Thanks for letting me ship my teens off early, frenchflutie. My pc loves you for it.

novemberlove, that's the outfit she got spawned in. There's not a chance in h-e-double L these people will be getting anywhere near a private school. They'd never pass the headmaster visit. Certainly never afford it.
I love your pic of the toddler throwing a fit. So real life like.

I like the new orphanage story links, too.

Test Subject
#93 Old 15th Dec 2008 at 1:14 AM
I'm glad your pc is happy now...:D

If any of you want to do a mini challenge thats ok too, specially if your pc can't take it.

The rules are the same but you can lessen the amount of kids.

Like, do 2 of each...or 2 toddlers/kids/teens...or get rid of the babies...or only do 1 baby and 2 of everything else...its your choice of how many kids your computer could take

Post pics though and let us know what you choose to do

enjoy your mini-simming :D
#94 Old 15th Dec 2008 at 4:29 AM
A few pics from my new orphanage:

House
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...rphanage001.jpg
Second floor so far
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...rphanage002.jpg
Joe and Sandra March, the founders
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...rphanage003.jpg
And another pic just because I want to show you all how cute they are :D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...rphanage004.jpg

I don't have any pictures of the orphans yet (BTW I decided to go for full set again). Off to play now
Forum Resident
#95 Old 15th Dec 2008 at 4:52 AM
Default Thursday's Thills
Well I wanted a Christmas tree that was free at the Sims store and I didn't know that it would be treated like an EP to load it. (I thought it was an installer.) Anyway, I had the kids all tucked into bed on Wednesday night/Thursday morning when I left them last time. Imagine my surprise when everyone was wide awake at 1:30 in the morning, needing the bathroom, and growing hungry. That was a lot of work! My poor teens weren't tired enough for a nap before school and all but one had to go to work that day!

The toddlers all grew up with only 8 charisma points, so no maxed skills for them:

Tiffani grew up first.

George was next.

Keith came in third.

Jordan was last.

Getting on the bus on Friday was a scare, but they all made it.

One funny thing that occured was that Ramin was in the tub when I left them last, so he stayed naked to do his homework. It really freaked out Samuel.

The orphanage now has a bathroom for each bedroom in use, though I let the guys use any other guy's bathroom and the same goes for the gals.

All the teens and the adult got promoted and brought home bonuses, so I was able to add on the two bathrooms. I also bought a television for watching the Yummy Channel together and a couple mirrors for charisma.

They paid the bills okay the first time by selling one bunny toy. The second time, I had enough money.

Have you noticed that all the kids get super-hungry on Friday and you have to restock the fridge just before the weekend?

Oh well, that's the latest for me. I am hoping everyone gets promoted again. They spent time skill building everything required. Oh and I taught the just grown up children to do homework using the other kids' homework, so only two of my kids had to do their own homework, and they wanted to do it!

I obviously finally let them build friendships to get promoted, so Thursday was a great day for me. If I keep score, it looks like:
15 adult promotion
25 (5 x 5) teen promotions
120 (20 x 6) x 3 = 360 all toddlers learned all skills
20 (5 x 4) family friends
total thus far: 420 points

The toddlers were just in gold most of the time as their wants rarely spin in and I taught them all their skills early, but they'd get the tickle/snuggle/read wants often enough to stay happy. However, I can't swear they didn't drop to green before growing up, so probably no points for the growing up. I didn't do the birthday parties again. I rarely do them, so I keep forgetting.

Any way, great pictures and dialogue as always gang. I love them. Broo, I like the new orphanage set-up. Good luck!

Friday
Scholar
#96 Old 15th Dec 2008 at 11:42 AM
Ciane, your Kieth looks alot like a couple of orphans I have -- only mine of diff shades of red hair.
I have yet to fill the fridge all the way. The only reason I had a crib for the new baby was because one of the kids sold the secret cookie recipe at school that day.

#97 Old 15th Dec 2008 at 6:23 PM
Here's a little update..
Sandra teaching Virginia to walk
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...rphanage006.jpg
Joe and Alfred
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...rphanage007.jpg
Stuart entertaining himself. Isn't he cute?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...rphanage009.jpg

Meanwhile teens are digging for treasure..
From left to right: Rose, Jewel and Nadia
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...rphanage014.jpg
Front to back: Paul, Travor and Victor
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...rphanage015.jpg

I sold everything they've managed to find and bought some really needed stuff instead as well as built another bathroom upstairs. Althought orphanage yard right now is worth a picture :D

Kids socializing (from left to right: Bruce, Charlotte, Arnold, Ashley)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...rphanage019.jpg
Lawrence and Heather
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...rphanage021.jpg

I'm apologize for any inconvenience caused by all the links. My PSP is acting up so I couldn't make the files any smaller in size and the forum rules would not let me hotlink them this big.
Scholar
#98 Old 15th Dec 2008 at 6:53 PM
Monday Revisited
After I had played Monday, I quit and while my game was saving, my pc pulled an auto-update restart. So, needless to say, when I went back in, the only remains of all my hard work was the family screenshot showing the six original children as teens. Had to do Monday all over. Only a few things changed. The kids have different clothes but look pretty much the same, the new spawn may or may not grow up looking the same -- she looks the same as she drops from the sky, and the only total loss was a friend one of the teens made. Tried to get one out of the after-school batch but didn't happen. Oh, yeah, and the pervy college boy posing as a high schooler lured a different orphan into the never used cellar. I really should terrain paint it into dirt sometime. Maybe someday Fahrquar will get a promotion and he can buy some dirt. Dirt or food? That is the question.

Afaxia Brryndtbrayne Fahrquarson drops from the sky. (Again.)

Elise and Baxter make buddies. Too bad it doesn't count as a family friend.

"Let me touch this up a bit." (Thanks, Jay, the painting sold for 0s when he was done.)

Conrad has the same luck digging for treasure as Nathen. Are my teens ever going to unearth anything besides a geyser?

Front row L-R: Kana Thompson, Whitney Davison, Elise Fuchs
Back row L-R: Knute Andersen, Darren Desprit, Donte Bruenig

READY! SET! GROW!!!

"ARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!! I don't want to grow up!!!!!"

#99 Old 15th Dec 2008 at 8:41 PM
Default The Dixen orphanage
Hi everyone I would just like to say i love all the orpahages so far and i have been inspired to start my own so...

Just two pictures so far of the newly built orphanage:

Bottom Floor

Top Floor
Scholar
#100 Old 15th Dec 2008 at 9:10 PM
Okay, now I really want to have a go at this orphanage challenge. Hmm... maybe when I get nearer to finishing my legacy...
Page 4 of 19