Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Modular Skylight Kits

by DasMatze2 Posted 1st Mar 2012 at 1:15 AM - Updated 6th Mar 2012 at 11:41 AM by DasMatze2

140 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 53 Feedback Posts, 86 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 6
Field Researcher
#101 Old 18th Jan 2013 at 2:02 PM
After reading your post, Mekky-ster, i decided to try again (i din't played sims 3 lately)
and this time the thing worked! The only issue i'm having is with flat skylight tiles that show a gap between them and the roof tiles.
But i didn't tested extensively and i have to see if this trick works with my already finihed buildings.
But at least it works!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#102 Old 21st Feb 2013 at 3:21 AM
Love these skylights! Thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#103 Old 24th Feb 2013 at 2:01 PM
Just started playing Sims 3 again and removed all my CC to completely start over. This will probably be the first thing I download. Really inspiring!
Test Subject
#104 Old 24th Feb 2013 at 2:58 PM
Hi i have just downloaded these skylights and have been trying them out. the look amazing.only one problem. i have seasons loaded and the sky lights are not weatherproof so everything in the room is covered by snow.i donot have the knowledge to put this right.is anybody haveing the same prob,thanks anyway they look great for summer.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#105 Old 7th Apr 2013 at 3:44 PM
wow these are unreal do you allow them to be converted to sims 2
Field Researcher
#106 Old 18th Apr 2013 at 5:59 PM
Skylight seems working fine with 1.50

But after some testing there is no way to make this work with Inge's "invisible floor cutout rug" using flat panels.
Because after the placing, random floor tiles appears where invisible rug are: if you click on them to get the rugs back in palce another floor tile randomly appear on top of another rug: and this will go on and on. Maybe it has something to do with spiral stairs because after placing rugs floor tiles appears on the spiral stair and if you take stairs to get back in position it says i'ts impossible.
I used in that case ctrl+z and the spiral stairs return back and fixed in position, but then floor tiles appeared as described above!
There is nothing to do: when i build houses with the skylight i am forced to shut down seasons.
Sad sad sad.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#107 Old 14th Jun 2013 at 9:01 AM
Oh this looks perfect for the beach house I'm working on! Granted, I just used the in-game blueprints, but it left a LARGE center room with no outer walls, so no windows. I'll use these to build a skylight over the room and let you know how it turned out! ETA: Ooh not weatherproof! Oh well, I can still use them if I turn off rain and snow!
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#108 Old 12th Jul 2013 at 3:42 AM
I havnt seen a policy, do you allow conversions to sims 2?
Test Subject
#109 Old 24th Jul 2013 at 4:15 AM
I love these! I just tried them out for the first time today. Like others, I quickly discovered they're not weatherproof. ^^; It's no biggie - I just turned off weather. If it's possible to make them weatherproof (I have no idea, I really don't know how to make much in the way of CC), that'd be a great addition in the future!
Lab Assistant
#110 Old 1st Aug 2013 at 9:39 AM
I was afraid of that (the not being weather proof). I doubt they are going to be updated though unless someone else does it. The creator doesn't have a EP past Late Nite.
Test Subject
#111 Old 1st Sep 2013 at 7:11 PM
Didn't installed at all

All Sims 3 Content must be free!!!
Field Researcher
#112 Old 15th Sep 2013 at 7:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Miolita
Didn't installed at all

Me either...really wanted to but, without them being weatherproof.... if only EA had made invisible tiles like we had in TS2 .... we could use them under the skylights!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#113 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 9:58 PM
I have been looking for something like this. Thank you for putting in the time for your creation. Can't wait to use these when I start customizing my house.
Great Job!!
Field Researcher
#114 Old 7th Dec 2013 at 11:27 AM
In ITF episode there are skylights finally! But they don't seem to let the light in the room and i don't know if they are wheather proof.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#115 Old 6th Feb 2014 at 4:10 PM
Merci !!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#116 Old 24th Mar 2014 at 12:59 PM
Loved it! Thank you!!!!
THANKS POST
#117 Old 25th Mar 2014 at 8:08 AM
looking forward to playing with these thanks
Test Subject
#118 Old 20th Apr 2014 at 6:23 PM
When I delete some of the roof , the whole roof automatically disappears. Do I need a fence or something. I am using the flat roof
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#119 Old 17th May 2014 at 10:24 PM
wow! holy cow! wtf! thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#120 Old 18th May 2014 at 3:54 AM
Thank you for making skylights.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#121 Old 25th May 2014 at 12:37 PM
Thanks!
Field Researcher
#122 Old 27th May 2014 at 11:02 AM
I wonder if anyone else has found that the skylights don't have shadows anymore? I had these before on a different computer and they created beautiful shadows, but now they aren't casting any shadows at all. I don't know if it's my computer, a game update issue, or what.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#123 Old 4th Jun 2014 at 8:05 PM
These skylights are awesome! Thank you soooo much:)
THANKS POST
#124 Old 7th Jun 2014 at 9:37 PM
How wonderful are these Skylights. I can not wait, until I build my Roofs with this Skylights. Very great job. Thanks and greetings from Germany
Test Subject
#125 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 8:50 AM
This is great but doesn't work with seasons ( lets in rain snow etc )
Page 5 of 6