Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#851 Old 4th Sep 2010 at 3:59 AM
This has to be one of the most anticipated EP for the whole Sims Series (Hot Date + Nighlife) and also adds a bit of Superstar into it! The trailer is amazing, the males and female sims look amazing, especially the male at the dance floor his chest is really really detailed... you wouldn't get that in the previous Sims (Sims 1 doesn't count haha). The Bartenders are epic! Like the female bartender :D

EDIT: The vampires are beautiful! Especially the purple eyes that glow!!
Advertisement
Instructor
Original Poster
#852 Old 4th Sep 2010 at 5:33 AM
May be..........

I'm like the bar and nightclub. Superstar, group outing and dating.

But a lot of people disappointing because EA simplify everything.
Lab Assistant
#853 Old 6th Sep 2010 at 6:14 PM Last edited by JillianWong : 6th Sep 2010 at 7:22 PM.
Game stop posted an article and 3 new screen shots from their hands on preview of Late Night.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/sim/thes...f&mode=previews
Theorist
#854 Old 6th Sep 2010 at 6:21 PM
Haha LN vampires as badass XDXDXDXDXDXDXD!

Hi I'm Paul!
Banned
#855 Old 6th Sep 2010 at 7:11 PM
'We try out the next Sims 3 expansion, which will let you start a band...'

FSGHJKSDHFGKFJDGBJK NEED. NOW. IMMEDIATELY. *heart attack*
Retired
retired moderator
#856 Old 6th Sep 2010 at 8:15 PM
Quote:
Producer Grant Rodiek describes Late Night as a "return to the open-ended gameplay of The Sims" in reference to how the expansion will focus more on socializing and exploration, in contrast to World Adventures and Ambitions, which were more focused on directed, role-playing game-like advancement.

Well that's good news. I was dreading the 'becoming a celebrity' might play like some poorly implemented, inflexible RPG. Like World Adventures, or that stupid Private Eye profession.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Field Researcher
#857 Old 6th Sep 2010 at 9:32 PM
Quote:
At higher levels of fame, not only will your sims be welcomed with open arms through the velvet ropes, you may even be able to pick up some extra cash being a professional party-crasher, taking in a little extra cash from nightclub owners to grace their parties with your presence and have your picture taken, not unlike certain Los Angeles-based starlets whose primary claim to fame is…showing up at parties.

Love it. Since I first heard about Late Night, one of my hopes was that I'd be able to create a hanger-on sim whose whole thing is just being famous for being famous.

Quote:
...so we used Late Night's new "group" system to get everyone there. This new system causes grouped sims to stick together when on the go and hang out with each other--this increases the likelihood that they'll stick together (rather than have the annoying tendency to wander off), and it also seems to accelerate the rate that grouped sims grow closer, since they're more likely to interact with each other continuously. They're also more likely to get involved in Late Night's new social activities, which include pub games like darts.

Nice. My only gripe about this is that it really should have been available since the base game.

Quote:
Vampire sims can trigger a "hunting" social which causes non-vampires to appear as heat-generating silhouettes. Once vampires find a prime target with the best plasma, they then need to convince their target to consensually let them feed--an act that can be done gladly if the victim is a close friend (at which point the feeding looks like an affectionate embrace), or it can be done reluctantly, which causes the victims to grudgingly roll up their sleeves to allow for the act.

Heh. Okay, I know some people are really going to HATE the whole consensual vampirism thing. But this description just cracked me up. It sounds like a classic sims-style take on vampiric feeding. We are amused.

So I'm like, "Cool! What should I get? Brain in a jar... monkey's paw... ooh, pie!"
Mad Poster
#858 Old 6th Sep 2010 at 9:58 PM
I'm impressed that the TS3 vampires actually have to feed off other sims.

I am looking forward to this EP. IMO there should have been more for sims to do outside of their house right from the start because there is so much scope in a seamless neighbourhood, but I really like the sound of the ways clubs are going to work. I kind of had been hoping that celeb status would be associated with more than just film, music and athletic career tracks. I think it would have worked brilliantly with the political and journalism tracks, because they are jobs which would have a high-profile status in the media in RL. Speaking of journalism, I wonder if they've expanded on that in any way, such as sims in that career having to go and interview celebs etc. That would be cool.
Mad Poster
#859 Old 7th Sep 2010 at 6:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fernweather
My only gripe about this is that it really should have been available since the base game.

I completely agree and that LN could've introduced the dating system instead.

El_flel, I agree with you about the political and journalism career tracks. Why else call your Sim a star news anchor or mayor? So much for making my Kwame Kilpatrick Sim and throwing him in jail every few Sim days.
#860 Old 7th Sep 2010 at 6:52 AM
I wonder how the game is going to handle sims moods. Now after work their too tired to hangout and they go home. On an outing you have to wonder if they will be to tired and hungry to stick around unless EA has something in the game that our sims can give them some kind of mood enhancing drink to get their needs back up.

I am really looking foward to the group outings. This can be used in France,China and Egypt as well with foreigners who are friends. Hopefully it will also allow sims to see a show together at the theater,sit on a picnic basket together etc.
Mad Poster
#861 Old 7th Sep 2010 at 7:18 AM
So that's a shuffle board. I was fearing it was going to be some big outside game that the elder play while on a cruise.

This EP is still looking good <3 I wish we could get more info about going to parties hosted by other Sims. Also, it would be great if you could throw a party in a night club. Currently my night club is labelled as a small park because you can't throw parties in a hangout.
Instructor
#862 Old 7th Sep 2010 at 8:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sharkloverplayer
I wonder how the game is going to handle sims moods. Now after work their too tired to hangout and they go home.

That's strange. My Sims hardly ever come back from work tired. Maybe you just strain your Sims too much. I always change the style of job performace during the day, make sure they've got some slack off time which restores their fun bar, let them chat with coworkers to raise their social bar and improve their relationship... Amazingly, if they meet the skill requirements, then slacking off, befriending their boss and chatting with coworkers works better for the promotion than hard work because too much work drains the Sim's mood and bad mood affects the performance negatively. In a way, it sends an interesting message - working hard is nearly worthless if your boss and coworkes hardly know you even exist.

Anyway, if I play the game in this lazy style, many times my Sims even come back from work with the having a blast moodlet and are ready to party ... until they realise there's nowhere to go I really can't wait for the new EP, most of my Sims are social animals and visiting RHs and parks seems inadequate for their life style.
Theorist
#863 Old 7th Sep 2010 at 10:30 AM
"I vant to suck your blood."

*Sigh* "Fine." *Rolls up sleeves reluctantly and gets bitten*

"Now I can't go out in sunlight. How inconvenient."

That's pretty much my reaction to vampires requiring permission to bite a sim. Other than that and the fact there's no coffin, I still might try them out once I've tried everything else. I think bands are the thing I'm most excited about. When the base game came out I remade a few of my characters from Rock Band and finally they can actually do gigs together and not be stuck with only guitars. The celebrity thing looks good too, I was hoping we'd get the acting set and the recording booth (this actually would have made sense since we can make bands now huh?), but at least they're back in some form.

There's only one thing I'm confused about..how are we going to have music in clubs with no DJ booth? Do we have to place the normal stereos where sims can just flick out their remote and play whatever song they feel like? Or are we getting those wall speakers back in this EP too? :S
Instructor
#864 Old 7th Sep 2010 at 11:05 AM
Now when I think about it, how exactly will the victims roll up their sleeves? It's impossible to do it with the current clothing meshes in the game
Scholar
#865 Old 7th Sep 2010 at 11:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Captain THPS4
There's only one thing I'm confused about..how are we going to have music in clubs with no DJ booth? Do we have to place the normal stereos where sims can just flick out their remote and play whatever song they feel like? Or are we getting those wall speakers back in this EP too? :S

I would imagine, since the spoilers suggest bands can play a gig at venues, there will be live music as opposed to a booth.
Field Researcher
#866 Old 7th Sep 2010 at 1:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Captain THPS4
Well, what I was thinking of doing is that putting one of those new wallspeakers somewhere, at least twice, and getting a really handy sim and pressing the "Connect speaker wires to house" option or whatever it's called. So sims can hear the music no matter where they are in the building.

"I've been really busy being dead. You know, after you murdered me. But I think we can put our differences behind us. For science. you monster"

-GLaDOS
Mad Poster
#867 Old 8th Sep 2010 at 5:08 AM
It said in the articles that there will be wall speakers. I'm assuming that they will function the same way as in Sims 2 where. But I hope that they will have a menu to change the genre, rather than having one color to symbolize a different genre. It's better to have just one speaker with a menu.
Forum Resident
#868 Old 8th Sep 2010 at 2:27 PM
Just clarifying here - we haven't heard of anything along the lines of the chemistry/lightning bolts of TS2, have we?
Lab Assistant
#869 Old 8th Sep 2010 at 5:02 PM
A new article focussed on vampires

http://www.gamesradar.com/pc/the-si...106113750640058
Forum Resident
#870 Old 8th Sep 2010 at 7:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sharkloverplayer
I wonder how the game is going to handle sims moods. Now after work their too tired to hangout and they go home. On an outing you have to wonder if they will be to tired and hungry to stick around unless EA has something in the game that our sims can give them some kind of mood enhancing drink to get their needs back up.

My sims are usually ok when they come home from work. Then again, I am a master sims player
Mad Poster
#871 Old 8th Sep 2010 at 7:35 PM
I love the idea that you can steal your friend's clothing <3
#872 Old 19th Sep 2010 at 3:18 AM
Here is a video interview with the marketing manager for Late Night from simfans.

http://www.simprograms.com/25326/si...s-3-late-night/

This site needs a late night forum. Snootysims and the sims 3 site have one.
Test Subject
#873 Old 30th Sep 2010 at 10:58 AM
Okay, I have a question. Well, a few.

If I have Sims that are already married in the base game, will they stay married in Late Night, and will my other Sims be able to date at all, rather than a hook up? Or can a hook up turn into romance?
I heard that you can do laundry in Ambitions. Will they keep this feature?
Also, I read somewhere that they have finally added breast sliders to this expansion pack. Is this true?
Field Researcher
#874 Old 30th Sep 2010 at 11:27 AM
I heard that you can do laundry in Ambitions. Will they keep this feature?

Only if You have Ambitions installed.

Also, I read somewhere that they have finally added breast sliders to this expansion pack. Is this true?

Yes

Please, sorry for my bad English..
Page 35 of 35