Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Nov 2015 at 4:23 PM
Default Something similar to Custard's
Where can I find something similar to Custard's except it is for PACKAGE files? Because I ran all my sims3packs through custard's so I must be thinking that it is a package file that is crashing my game instead. Thank you :p
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 21st Nov 2015 at 4:52 PM
btw the game crashed right after I edited my toddler via CAS (I shift and clicked on the toddler but I heard there was another way)

(PS: the toddler was cloned via the science skill cloning dna thing)

(PSS I am thinking of downloading errortrap. I have story progression, mastercontroller, and overwatch but i heard errortrap is a nuisance)
Field Researcher
#3 Old 21st Nov 2015 at 5:23 PM Last edited by MariTom : 21st Nov 2015 at 8:58 PM.
There's Delphy's Dashboard tool that will show all the corrupt, duplicate etc. files in your Mods folder.

Although Error Trap will probably not resolve this particular problem, I could definitely recommend it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Nov 2015 at 5:33 PM Last edited by Mayor-Of-Mustard : 21st Nov 2015 at 6:34 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by MariTom
There's Delphy's [urlhttp://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=387006]Dashboard tool[/url] that will show all the corrupt, duplicate etc. files in your Mods folder.

Although Error Trap will probably not resolve this particular problem, I could definitely recommend it.

Thank you, there were some shoes and some conflicting tattoos I had.
Test Subject
#5 Old 21st Nov 2015 at 6:35 PM
The other way to edit a SIM is master controller/ advanced/ edit in cas.

You didn't say what you were doing to your toddler. I've never had a problem changing hair, skin or eye color.

But you can't really tell what SIM will look like until they are a teen. I've had game crashes by aging babies and toddlers up to make changes to there looks then back.

The way around this is to save your adult baby to the bin then load them into the game. Use master controller to transfer genetics to the baby and delete the saved SIM.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st Nov 2015 at 6:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gaosborn
The other way to edit a SIM is master controller/ advanced/ edit in cas.

You didn't say what you were doing to your toddler. I've never had a problem changing hair, skin or eye color.

But you can't really tell what SIM will look like until they are a teen. I've had game crashes by aging babies and toddlers up to make changes to there looks then back.

The way around this is to save your adult baby to the bin then load them into the game. Use master controller to transfer genetics to the baby and delete the saved SIM.

I'll (attempt to) be clearer. So I cloned a pre-made sim from Midnight Hollow using the level 10 science skill cloning DNA thing. 3 days go by and the baby is a toddler, I edit the toddler in CAS by changing her clothes and hair (was going to change the face but it looked alright) after pressing the tick button the game loads up. I press the play button and it says "The Sims 3 has stopped working" and it does the crash thing. Now that I used Delphy's to get rid of corrupt content and am installing errortrap, I'll see how it goes from there. Thanks for the help.

EDIT: Aw great, there's no patch 1.69 for error trap yet.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 21st Nov 2015 at 8:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mayor-Of-Mustard
Thank you, there were some shoes and some conflicting tattoos I had.

You're welcome! I hope it won't crash anymore.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 22nd Nov 2015 at 7:30 AM
(PSS I am thinking of downloading errortrap. I have story progression, mastercontroller, and overwatch but i heard errortrap is a nuisance)

Yep, that's right. It's a bloody nuisance. Twallan developed it and we've been maintaining it all this time just to be annoying. It should be avoided at all costs.

Aw great, there's no patch 1.69 for error trap yet.

Assuming you give all the attention to my first comment above that it deserves (which is none at all), the 1.69 version of ErrorTrap is in beta testing. But it's fine to use; functionally in-game, Patch 1.69 is no different from 1.67. The new ErrorTrap version will not trigger the core mismatch warning that the older one would, but that's the only difference between the two.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Update+History+Testing
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 22nd Nov 2015 at 2:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Yep, that's right. It's a bloody nuisance. Twallan developed it and we've been maintaining it all this time just to be annoying. It should be avoided at all costs.

Assuming you give all the attention to my first comment above that it deserves (which is none at all), the 1.69 version of ErrorTrap is in beta testing. But it's fine to use; functionally in-game, Patch 1.69 is no different from 1.67. The new ErrorTrap version will not trigger the core mismatch warning that the older one would, but that's the only difference between the two.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Update+History+Testing

Alright so I download the 1.67 version for now, then?
Mad Poster
#10 Old 22nd Nov 2015 at 9:43 PM
Alright so I download the 1.67 version for now, then?

You can, but if you are on 1.69 you will get the core version mismatch error on startup every time. Some players find that it minimizes their game down to the task bar, which must be really fun.

Again, it's okay to use the beta test version of 1.69 if you are on that patch. It's been out since a couple of days after EA released 1.69 and we've had no complaints. Well, actually we've had lots of complaints about what EA is doing, but we've had none about ErrorTrap 1.69.

Here is a more direct link:
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/ErrorTrap+Testing