Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Apr 2015 at 10:04 PM
Default Change Season Without That Aspiration Reward Object
Long title, I know, but that's all I want to know. Mods welcome as an answer.

Thankyou.

All the best,

lizziemay
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 14th Apr 2015 at 10:12 PM
There's a modified version of it that has unlimited uses. I used that one a lot, until I discovered the weather thingy at Simwardrobe. It's smaller and a bit more useful, plus sims don't need gold aspiration or above. It's been a while since I used it (discovered a 'no weather' mod and used that instead), but I think I was able to change the season with it.

I don't have a direct link, but go to http://www.simwardrobe.com/ --> Sims 2 --> Objects --> Other --> Seasons and Weather Controller (the green vase).
Theorist
#3 Old 14th Apr 2015 at 11:37 PM
Will simwardrobe mod work on community lot? I've been trying to figure out how to keep a season for some lots. Like ice skating having winter only.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 15th Apr 2015 at 1:14 AM
Community lots take the season AND weather of the visiting sim's home lot. You can't alter that AFAIK.

If I were changing a season on a home lot, I'd use SimWardrobe's season controller. Much the easiest option.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#5 Old 15th Apr 2015 at 2:00 AM
Not quite true, Maxon. The community lot takes the day in the progression of the home lot, and the season assigned to that day in the subhood in which the lot is. If your first season is spring, and it's the third day of spring at home, and you go to Strangetown, where the first season is summer, when you get to Strangetown, it will be the third day of summer.

So if you want a permawinter lot, the solution's simple - install a permawinter subhood.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Apr 2015 at 11:35 AM
Thank-you all for your answers I'll go download that item from sims wardrobe. I didn't want my sims having that big reward object in their inventories. I need the households to play on the same season to coincide with my BACC.

EDIT: I've been to that website before and downloaded something from it that I've then forgotten where I got it from. Thank-you for sending me that way.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 15th Apr 2015 at 12:43 PM
There's a set of objects that set the weather on lots, like always fair, rainy, snowy, so you can put them on community lots and keep the weather you want. Hang on, I'll see if I can find them.

ETA: Here!
Theorist
#8 Old 15th Apr 2015 at 8:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
There's a set of objects that set the weather on lots, like always fair, rainy, snowy, so you can put them on community lots and keep the weather you want. Hang on, I'll see if I can find them.

ETA: Here!

I build a lot of community lots, and don't always want them in one type of neighborhood (seasonal wise).

This looks quite interesting. Thanks for the link.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#9 Old 15th Apr 2015 at 9:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Not quite true, Maxon. The community lot takes the day in the progression of the home lot, and the season assigned to that day in the subhood in which the lot is. If your first season is spring, and it's the third day of spring at home, and you go to Strangetown, where the first season is summer, when you get to Strangetown, it will be the third day of summer.

So if you want a permawinter lot, the solution's simple - install a permawinter subhood.

OK - didn't know that Peni. All Little Carping's sub-hoods are synched - except of course the BV hoods! Of course, that makes sense.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Theorist
#10 Old 16th Apr 2015 at 5:52 AM
That would be annoying if ice skating would be nicer with winter, another lot fall, swimming lot summer and other lots themed to other types of weather.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.