Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 11:18 PM Last edited by arieanimal : 17th Sep 2014 at 11:47 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Unique Separators not working and Maxis Sims keep peeing/not showering in their apartments?
I'm really at a stand still. This seems like it's only happening to the apartments and apartment residents up on the second floor. They keep peeing on the floor and they don't shower (even though their apartments DO have toilets, sinks, showers and proper ways to get to them) and the worst part is that I'm unable to knock on their doors. I keep getting a symbol of the doors with an X on it like so:

The number above the door isn't affecting it at all and there's nothing in front of the doors either. I'm not sure what to do? I've even widened the area in front thinking maybe the sims didn't have enough space.

EDIT: THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN WHEN THE NEIGHBOR SIMS AREN'T HOME. WTF? I can knock on their doors when they're not home, but not when they're there. And they just stand in one spot I don't understand.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 11:41 PM
Another question: Can non-player Sims not use CC or something?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 1:47 AM
You mean CC objects? Yes, they can use them. At a guess, that sounds like you have an outdated hack in your DLs folder.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 2:30 AM
Does the apartment consider the area to be apartment or community area? For example when you are playing their apartment can you swap out the chair for another one? Have you placed floor separates under fences?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#5 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 3:19 AM
You may need to stagger the doors so there not one on top of the other.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#6 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 3:11 PM
Did you use the Great Divide in any of these apartments? That often confuses the programming about what is and is not inside the apartment. Access problems can also be created by certain configurations of modular stairs.

It sounds to me like you need to go back to the drawing board on this apartment building. Take screenshots of the apartments in plan view, so we can see what you did and possibly spot errors. Apartments are tricky to build and often have to be edited several times before they work as desired.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)