Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 7:32 PM
Default Juliette, Tybalt or Hermia?
So at the start of vanilla Veronaville, you have three Capp teens living in the main mansion with Consort. Juliette, is one of the main focuses in the storyline, and Tybalt and Hermia are sort of not in the spotlight as the storyline puts them.

Which of the trio of siblings do you prefer?
I sort of prefer Hermia, for reasons unknown.

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 8:08 PM
Juliette is the prettiest in my opinion, and when I hired her in an OFB business, she was a good employee, so she's my fave Capp teen.
Scholar
#3 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 8:35 PM
Juliette, because of her story and because she's best looking
Alchemist
#4 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 8:40 PM
I prefer Juliette, I don't know but I just really like her, she seems to be sweet.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 9:51 PM
For reasons I can't explain Hermia has always been my favorite out of those siblings.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 9:54 PM
At first I didn't like Tybalt, but he seems to have mellowed a little since I started to play. He started off as a Popularity Sim without a friend. He wanted a friend, and he was standing in front of Romeo, so I said to him, "There's Romeo. Make friends with him." . . .And he did! Though it took Romeo a while to get used to the idea of Tybalt wanting to be his friend. Now Tybalt has a girlfriend, a feisty but sexy looking Fortune (ex-)Downtownie called Lexie Kauker. They are well matched: they are both heavily into noogie. I'm thinking of getting them married as independent teens.

Juliette in my game wants to go steady with two boys at once (Romeo Monty and Jamie Siddons), and since she's the Capp heiress, she doesn't see why normal social limitations should apply to her. It's isn't all plain sailing though. Jamie rejected her invitation to go steady, because he too has two girlfriends and can't decide between them. When he saw how much that upset Juliette, then out of compassion he proposed to her, but this time she rejected him out of pique!

Hermia has a mischievous sense of humour. It was Hermia who set up Juliette with Jamie. When she saw that Juliette had a crush on him, Hermia brought him home from school, and left him with Juliette to see what happened. She was delighted when Juliette fell in love with him. She celebrated this event by playing punch-me, punch-you with Juliette. She obviously finds it very amusing to see her sister in love with two boys at the same time. Unfortunately while having fun with her sister's love life, she rather neglected her own, and Puck, feeling neglected, sought comfort by doing something unspeakable with David Cornton -- at Titania and Oberon's wedding! I say "unspeakable", because I didn't see just what they did. Hermia did see, and she won't tell me. After Oberon and Titania left on their honeymoon, Hermia went to Puck's room and told him it was over between them. Then she took Miranda with her to a Downtown club to try to find a new boyfriend. She tried to chat up young Gerry McBain, and she and Miranda took him out to dine at TeenMealz. Gerry looks about 12 but Hermia was desperate. But when they asked him, he said he thought Miranda was hot! So now Hermia's trying to get back with Puck!

I love the three Capp grandchildren and the merry dance they lead poor old Consort. What he puts up with from them! Like finding six teens in his private bathroom, some of them almost naked! No wonder he's sometimes prickly with other people. I don't like to show favouritism amongst my Sims, but if I had to decide, I'd probably chose Hermia. Juliette is pretty and likeable -- almost everyone who knows her likes her. And (for a Capp) she's kind and considerate. But I think Hermia gets my vote for being the most interesting character of the three.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 9:59 PM
I don't have a favourite. I kinda like and dislike all of them.

I love Tybalt, because he's named after my favourite of Shakespeare's characters, plus I love his genetics. But, he fights too much - but I know they're in a feud, and has probably been brought up to blame the Monty's for everything ever, but jesus can he not stop autonomously attacking all the damn time?! In the end, I always like to make him neutral towards Romeo when him and Juliette get married. Even in Romeo & Juliet, I read Tybalt as just being a protective older brother to some extent, so in the end in the game I always make him realize that Juliette is happy with Romeo and that a very old family feud isn't a reason to keep fighting. He always inherits the house when Consort dies.

Juliette is sweet, and is my second favourite. She makes for a decent mother, and it seems like she's stuck in the middle of this family feud because she wants to make Consort and her siblings proud. I don't really have much bad to say about her, although at times in some of my games due to her personality she becomes quite bland after all the drama boils down and she gets married.

Hermia is my least favourite, I don't really think much of her. She strikes me as a bit of a wanna-be, as she seems to be copying Juliette's love of the Montys, but more for attention than for actual love. I usually put her with Puck, and Mercuito marries Miranda. Though I've just checked out her wiki page and actually it says she's smart but on the shy side. I never really got that feeling from her, but now I might work it into my newest Veronaville and maybe my whole idea of her will change.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Field Researcher
#8 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 10:45 AM
Tybalt will always be my favourite. Yes, he's a tad old-fashioned in thinking he has some word over who he's sister is seeing but I always felt like he's just playing the part of older brother, who's trying to look after his young sisters especially since they're orphans. He always seemed like a good guy to me and I always feel a little bad when people call him out because I see his character so differently. Instead of controlling I see protecting and so on. Plus he's dashing!
In my game Tybalt marries three times - first to a persona who was once named Tatiana, once Roxie. Their fate is always different but the bottom line the same - they meet in college, marry and have a kid but don't stay together. The second time Tybalt marries is to Laila (I've created this character like 5 times now and always played it the same), a pretty redhead who eventually dies. His third wife always changes, but she stays with him until the end. However, Tybalt never really connects with her and instead longs for those he can no longer have. Tybalt usually has a career in either politics or business.

Juliette, well.. I do like the whole family, in fact, Veronaville is my favourite pre-made neighborhood but she does seem a little needy but then again, she's only a teenager who's fallen in love so I can't really blame her. She is always a rather sad character in my game, the feud always going on and on and she never gets her Romeo. I agree with Bigsimsfan12, she's always a really great mom in my game as well I often marry her to a private school principal or a University professor while she is a homemaker.

Hermia I've always liked and her fate is always different. Most often she is alone or in a relationship that produces no children and is rather career-oriented.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 12:39 PM
I'm in agreement with Andrew here. Tybalt can be quite intimidating in my game and likes to play the hard act, but I've caught him snuggling his puppy when he thinks nobody is looking.

Juliette aged up elegantly, she is very aware of her role as the heiress and seems to have outgrown the desperation she once had about Romeo. They haven't quite broken up yet but I think she's starting to see through his games and understand that he isn't really in it for the long haul, he probably won't rock the boat and his teenage rebellion was just that. But that hasn't played out yet, so we'll see.

Hermia is sassier, she's also finding her own way, she was inspired by Juliette's willingness to reach out to the Monty family, I'm not sure which way she'll go - whether she'll stick with her sister and be loyal to her and forget those dreams or whether she will keep sticking her neck out rather than sticking blindly to the family line. She's just had her heart broken by Puck in my game because Puck is rather... open with his love.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Field Researcher
#10 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 2:40 AM
Hermia for me. In my uberhood I paired her up with Alexander Goth and they make a really cute couple as Alex is the shy nerdy recluse and Hermia is more of a silly social butterfly. Juliette just strikes me as boring and I never really cared for Tybalt (probably cause of the god awful face paint).
Instructor
#11 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 4:45 PM
Tybalt-
Proud to be a Capp! He hates the fact his sisters are falling for the Monty boys, he is his grandpa's right hand man surely willing to continue the feud. He is the oldest.

He is kind of a douche, he seems like a good corporate guy with hardly any friends.

Juliette-
The middle child, the goody two shoes, she is a family sim and dreams of having the fairytale wedding, even though Romeo thinks the opposite being a romance.

She is a little angel, gets good grades, high hopes for college. She is naive but a sweetheart, if romeo breaks her heart she will find love somewhere else.

Hermia-
The youngest child. She is a rebel and likes to live on the adventours side compared to her two siblings. Still hardened over her parent's death she keeps her emotions close to her heart. She is also a family sim.

She is softie under her tough exterior, truth is, she wants the same things out of life as Juliette but does not know how to go about it. She likes Mercutio & Puck.

I honestly prefer Hermia her character is more dynamic to me and more interesting

Peace, Harmony & Balance... Libra is Love..
Scholar
Original Poster
#12 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 6:05 PM
For me it is hard to lay out a nice storyline age-wise with the main Capp mansion, as at the start of the game in vanilla templates, the memories are messed up on who is eldest/middle/youngest (sims wikia I had that from!), but now I'm using Tarlia's uberhood templates it should be alright.

Mad Poster
#13 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 12:20 AM
They're all fun to play . . . my oldest is learning Mercutio's Prince of Cat's monologue from Romeo and Juliet right now, (not my fault entirely--I said pick something to memorize, he picked that, having just seen the play) so I guess I'd have to lean towards Tybalt if I had to choose . . . "The very butcher of a silk button!"

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 2:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dementaswag
What the fuck you guys have to calm down it's just a game it's not real life

Pardon? How are we "not calm"? We're having a discussion here, and there's no problem in debating over which Sim we think is better. It's not real life, but let's face it - real life can get boring at times... so, why not play The Sims, were we can unleash our stress onto our Sims so they can groan when you tell them to wash the dishes. Now if you could just teleport those dirty dishes in your kitchen into the Sims' world, so they have to wash them and not you...

"It's just a game" is one phrase that I hate at times. Why can't a game get off the ground in a discussion or debate? If you think about it, basketball, hockey, American football, soccer (football otherwise), cricket, baseball, etc., all those are just games, yet people go wild about it. "It's just a game". Really? Life would be really boring if games didn't light that special spark in us.

So let the discussion continue, because it's a game. That's what makes it so special.
Scholar
Original Poster
#15 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 9:57 AM
I did always pair Hermia with Mercutio for some reason, and Puck with Miranda.. but in my uberhood it's totally different ._.

Field Researcher
#16 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 1:20 PM
Although I didn't play Veronaville a lot, out of the trio I think my favourite is Hermie. In my eyes she's like the mature one of the three who at the same time has a social life of her own.
Test Subject
#17 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 2:25 PM
Hermia, I guess. Not that I have anything against Tybalt and Juliette, I just see Hermia as the more interesting character. Between Consort prepping Tybalt to be the heir despite the fact that he obviously doesn't care about the Capp fortune/is more interested in his social life and Juliette dating Romeo, I doubt Hermia gets as much attention as her older siblings thus making her a tad cynical and sarcastic. My point is she's a Sims version of Daria.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 11:46 PM
My Hermia wants to be a novelist and has been theoretically betrothed to Francis Worthington since she was very young. Juliet is the one most likely to cause/get into trouble--her thing with Romeo: I like to give her a romance secondary, and then the question becomes are they really in love, are they both trying to use the other for various reasons, or is one in love and the other using him/her? Tybalt wants very much for everyone to be sensible, stay out of trouble, and keep the family peace. Of course, between Cornwall and Kent, Juliet and everyone else, and the various short-tempered family members . . . well, I think little Ariel generally agrees that the family ought to all get along. Other than that, though . . .

I also generally think of them as a quartet: Tybalt, Juliet, Miranda, and Hermia. Including Miranda as part of the group changes the dynamic, and if the Capp teens are going somewhere in my game, or getting up to something, it's all four of them.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 2:22 PM
I've never given Veronaville enough time to fully indulge myself in its storyline... when I first got the game as a kid I was crazy about Juliette because I could finally make my own version of R&J where nobody dies and where I could dress up Juliette in all-pink outfits (yeah, guess my favorite color at the age of ten). But since then... I don't know. Both in my old, pre-crash Veronaville and megahood Juliette always came across as somebody who was kind of flaky and clingy to me. On the one hand she'd stalk Romeo everywhere if they were on the same lot, on the other she'd roll wants to flirt with his brother or Puck (both 2/3-bolters). I always wrote it off as some weird jealousy/revenge thing against Hermia, since Romeo was more attracted to her than Juliette... didn't exactly make her my fave, though.

Hermia was, if anything, even flakier than that. She was in love with Puck and broke Mercutio's heart in both versions of Veronaville, but still wanted to flirt with him (and Romeo). She did form this super-cool girl clique in my megahood with Melody Tinker, Ophelia Nigmos and Lilith Pleasant though, so I did actually like her the better for that. They were pretty badass. XD

I haven't played Tybalt all that much, but he always struck me as a more annoying Tank Grunt - he was really fun to stick with Jules O'Mackey in my megahood, though. I had this 2-day, 1-night camping trip (with lots and lots of hacked beer, haha) with all of the teens and the two instantly found each other the most attractive on the lot. Unfortunately, the hacked beer caused one of them to pick a fight with each other and at the end of the camp they were mortal enemies... but ACR still pushed them to flirt with each other, so one of them would do that, get rejected, be mad about it, irritate the other and fight. Then, a few hours later, one of them would flirt again, rinse and repeat. XD
Instructor
#20 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 2:15 AM
Tybalt is my favourite, a big reason because I find him cute once you get the custom makeup off of him. Also because he grows up really fast, so I actually had a chance to play him on his own a little. Never played the others enough to get them to adulthood. Given that my other most played household at the time was the Pleasant family, I was so used to fights that him fighting with the Monty's all the time didn't even faze me.

Juliet is okay, I just get frustrated when she stubbornly keeps rolling wants to go steady with Romeo, even though they have no chemistry. Just let it go at that one kiss you guys had and leave it at that, trust me Juliet. Although I have no idea who else to pair her with in vanilla Veronaville....

Hermia, I have very mixed feelings about, but it's not her fault per say. See, I played Veronaville the most when I was young and had the game in my native language. And I don't know why, but the European Portuguese version of the game had some different aspirations for some sims, and Hermia was one of them. She's romance in that version. Given that Romeo is also romance, you can guess where that went...years later when I had the game installed with the English language, I was shocked to find out she's a family sim, and now I dunno what to think of her since I haven't played her since.

There's another Sim in Strangetown that also had their aspiration switched in the PT version for no reason, either one of the Singles or Ajay Loner, also to Romance.
Instructor
#21 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 2:09 PM
Hermia's my favourite, and I find her potential a bit more interesting than Juliette's because you have the choice of pairing her up with either Mercutio or Puck (the game clearly favours Puck, but they both have a crush on her!). I think Hermia seems like a bit of a worrier which is endearing.

I really like Tybalt too, I feel sorry for him - I think his anger and hostile temperament are only due to being brought up an orphan and having it drilled into him to hate the Montys by Consort Capp. When he's BFFs or loves someone you can see a different side to him

Juliette ...meh, I don't like or dislike her character but she's a bit vanilla. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, it's just that whenever I play that household I find I'm spending much more time playing with Hermia than her

Bustin' Out!
Mad Poster
#22 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 4:17 PM
In my game Hermia and Mercutio was the shortest romance in the history of Veronaville. The first pre-made lot I played was the Summerdreams - Puck's party: Puck kissed Hermia, Mercutio hit Hermia. ...because he had a crush on her! Not surprisingly she's wanted nothing to do with him ever since!

I may be old-fashioned, but I still find it intensely shocking to see a man hit a woman. I've spotted that Chris Hatch has a mod to stop males hitting females on Back Alley Sims of all places. I think I might get it.
Scholar
Original Poster
#24 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 10:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pinimon162
Juliette ...meh, I don't like or dislike her character but she's a bit vanilla. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, it's just that whenever I play that household I find I'm spending much more time playing with Hermia than her

Same with me, I just ignore Juliette until her portrait goes pale green, or leave her painting something. Sometimes I send her to sleep, sometimes I send her to Sneak Out. Just to play with Hermia and Tybalt!

Lab Assistant
#25 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 11:49 AM
TYBALT for the win!!
I adore Tybalt. I know he can be abrasive, but he can also be an endearing, adorable man. I love his potential as a character. He makes a fabulous, fabulous partner and father which really goes on to show how starved he has been for affection.
In my game, I got him together with Mercutio. But of course. It's heart-warming to see those two so in love. All of Tybalt's wants revolve around Mercutio, kiss him, talk to him, tell a joke, tickle, flirt and so on. As they say, there's a fine line between love and hate. Every time I have played Veronaville, I have got them together without fail. IDK why, but together, they fit like puzzle pieces. They make sense. What can I say, I am a hopeless romantic.
I actually like Juliette as well. In my game, she was left at the alter by Romeo. She was devastated, but she is someone who needs a harsh reality check to actually face the truth about her life. I see her as someone who lost herself in the process of loving someone too much. She seems more insecure to me than Hermia or Tybalt, what with her people-pleasing attitude. What she needs is not a new guy, but her own identity. She needs to learn how to love herself first. She has finally left the Capp house, got a casual makeover which is less preppy and more herself and got a job she enjoys. She saved up to buy this tiny house with a garden for herself. She seems happier, more content. You can see why her story intrigues me a deal because I love the idea of the heiress falling out of love, leaving home and finding herself. She still desperately wants a baby though, so I may just go ahead and get her to adopt a little boy.
Hermia, I don't know really. I mean, I do like her, but I can't figure out what exactly to do with her. Her personality is still a little unclear to me. She seems like a watered-down version of Lilith Pleasant, except without the sass.
Page 1 of 2