Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 5:31 PM
Default Using Custom Content in Pics and Crediting
So, I finally figured out how to post pics and where to find them and all that good stuff. But then as I was going through the other pics, i noticed there isn't a lot of custom content used, and if there is it isn't credited which probably means it is something the picture-taker created themselves. Well, i have used tonnnns of custom content in my game, all of it has been found through MTS and on everything i saw that HAS policies (because not all things do) it says "you MAY include my content in your pics and stories"
So my question is, if i post a picture of a super pimped out sim in a super pimped out custom garden, do i need to list each item shown with its creator? Or is that only necessary when making a download? Would it be alright if i just list the main things, like say the dress, hair, and where i got the original lot or something? Or is it enough to say that all custom content is found here on MTS and none is made by me except maybe a few gown and hair recolors? I'm not trying to be lazy, i'm just not entirely sure how to track down the makers of each thing besides looking it up in the game then writing it down. Which is fine, i just want to make sure it's something i actually need to do before i spend hours trying to find dozens of names for four pics. To put it in a nutshell, what is the picture credit policy for the site, because i really don't want to get in trouble here lol. Thanks!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 5:52 PM
If it is just pictures you are going to upload then no you don't have to include the CC creator's name, but it would be nice if you do.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 6:15 PM
Ok cool thank you! I will try to include it whenever i can, some things i know and some things will be easy to jot down the next time i have the game loaded.. I just wanted to make sure i wouldn't be breaking any rules if i didn't hunt down each item, cuz there's a lot lol.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 10:38 PM
One of the advantages of including credits is that it avoids your thread getting swamped with 'where can I find that?' messages.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#5 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 11:48 PM
You will find over there that hardly anybody does it, though, because it is such a pain and everybody uses so much!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)