Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 1:12 AM
Need help installing custom content into Sims 2 (Super Collection)
So I've always been a long time sims fan and recently took a trip down memory lane and bought "The Sims 2: Super Collection" which I bought through itunes (on my imac), though it's apparently produced though GameAgent. I download custom content and patches to my Sims 3 game all the time off this website, but unfortunately this particular version of the sims 2 is not set up in the way my Sims 3 game is, and the website's "help Install" thing doesn't help me out any.
So I thought, "Hey, maybe I just can't use custom content, maybe it's just not available for this version of the game." But then to add to the confusion today I noticed that when I first open the game it syas I can get a free download of the old handy dandy "Sims 2 package installer" which I used to use to install content right off of the sims2 website, which no longer exists. So I don't get it?
It says when first opening the package installer, and I quote;
"Please double-click a custom content package file to install the content."
Well great, I can double click a .package file, maybe that'll work. But no, in fact when clicking the .package file my mac had to be manuall directed to which application to use, and then once selected, the package installer didn't even work.
Anybody else downloaded this version and have any problems installing custom content? Or dare I even say figured out a way?
Any input is helpful! Thanks!

oh and if anyones curious I can take screen shots
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 9:54 AM
This should be in help. This thread discusses how to install custom content for the super collection.