Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 1:33 AM
Default Weird Glitch
Hey, everyone!

I've recently encountered a weird glitch after downloading this hair redo (http://www.modthesims.info/d/517050 ) from here. I was wondering if downloading this CC had something to do with it, or if it's something else acting up in my game.

Basically, the glitch is as follows: whenever I create a CAS family wit kids, the parents have memories of getting engaged and married before and after having kids. I created 3 different families in my main hood so I can get back into the Sims, and each married couple has the same problem. When I had the redo in my game, the parents had get marrried after the birth of every kid PLUS having memories of meeting Mystery Sim and their CAS spouse.

I turned the game off, and removed the hair re-do from my game files. After removing the redo, I created a family in my Test Hood with two parents and two kids. Luckily, the parents (Mother and Father, how generic, right?) had no memories of mystery sim, but they had a second set of marriage memories after having their second kid. (Here's a pic of what I'm talking about with the second family: http://i.imgur.com/aLxkQeD.jpg)

I don't know what else could've caused it since it's literally the only thing I downloaded in over a year, and none of the other (minimal) CC and mods that I have created any problems like this. What can I do to fix this? I know I can just go and edit the memories in SimPE, but it would be a hassle to do that with EVERY family I create in CAS. Thanks, guys!

Edit: Oh, and I did download SimBlender 2 months ago, but I didn't create any families immediately after installing that mod.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 1:36 AM
Did you delete the cache files after you remove the mod.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 1:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
Did you delete the cache files after you remove the mod.

Nope, did even consider that. Where would I find the cache files again?

Edit: Nevermind, found them. I'm going to boot up the game and hopefully see if it works. My cache file was a whooping 224kB, so I think it was well overdue for a deletion.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 1:45 AM
Memories can be temperamental. I really can't see how a skin mesh and texture can affect them.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 1:48 AM Last edited by McGuire406 : 18th Sep 2014 at 2:02 AM.
Yeah, I don't understand it either. After I installed Sim Blender over the summer, I did create a family in my testing hood just to see the options of it, and they didn't have any odd or strange memory problems. Today, after loading (or was it before?) installing that hair mod, I noticed the odd instances of memories.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 2:05 AM
Just deleted the groups.cache, cigen.package, accessory.cache, and content regisrty. I'm still getting these duplicate memories. I tried that process yet again, and this time I'm getting the duplicate marriages.

So, I don't know what the heck is going on. I mean, I noticed it today, but I'm having strong feelings that something is happening with my game. I think it was just coincidental that I noticed it today after making CAS for the first time in months.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 2:22 AM
Troubleshooting is your only option. (Apart from ignoring it, which is perilous - memories can cause corruption.) The Game Help FAQ will walk you through it. It doesn't take as long as you think it will, but it is tedious, so carve out a chunk of time, get a book and a drink, and settle in.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 8:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Troubleshooting is your only option. (Apart from ignoring it, which is perilous - memories can cause corruption.) The Game Help FAQ will walk you through it. It doesn't take as long as you think it will, but it is tedious, so carve out a chunk of time, get a book and a drink, and settle in.

Now that I'm out of classes for the day, I'm just doing some troubleshooting with my game. I've came to the conclusion that something in my downloads is causing the error, and I'm going to just test each piece in the game 1 by 1. Thank god I have a total of 50 things in my downloads folder (11 are mods, the other 39 are items). Hopefully, it's nothing that I use frequently.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 1:50 AM
Do run the HDCU to see if any of your hacks are conflicting.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 2:46 AM
What expansions do you have? Sim Blender requires pets or up. I've never had problems with it, but I've only used it in a pets or up setting.

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
TS3 vs. Your CPU: The Solution
Shameless plug for my fledgeling Simblr here