Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Undead Molten Llama
#101 Old 7th May 2013 at 1:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by M.M.A.A.
Marijuana plants?! You guys aren't serious, are you?!

We're dead serious. It's AWESOME! :D

@ gummilutt: You have crotches? I think you mean crutches, but crotches is way more awesome. But yeah, I think you can be on the lawn with Jo and me....but only because you brought cookies. Just beware of Jo and I and our chairs. I'm thinkin' some motorized wheelchair roller derby followed by a refreshing pint of prune juice is in order. You in, Jo?

@ fruitsymphony: Yeah, the price of the sunlamps has always bugged me. I mean, in the marijuana sense it almost makes...sense. Weed's legal where I am now, but it's still very expensive! But in the general sense...Yeah, I never quite figured out the rationale behind the $2000 price tag. I vaguely recall seeing hacked ones that were less expensive, but I don't seem to have them. Maybe I'm dreaming about seeing them...or maybe it was the weed.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#102 Old 7th May 2013 at 2:04 PM
Wheelchair derby sounds great, that prune juice I'm not too sure on... Well unless we have those porta potties right there on the lawn...

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#103 Old 7th May 2013 at 2:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
Stereotypes exist for a reason =P It's fairly spot on. You just forgot the blue eyes and the vampire-skin

Elsewhere on the interweb I am known as Grandma, because I'm your typical "Young man, listen up! AND TUCK IN THAT SHIRT!" *holds ear while scolding about various things*". Age-wise I'm not grandma, but body-wise and mind-wise I very much so am. Can I join you on that lawn? I'll bring cookies, and crotches

I just realized I never added an avatar for this site. Maybe it's time to do so, hmm.

You'll bring cookies and what?!!

Can I come too then?
Undead Molten Llama
#104 Old 7th May 2013 at 2:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Wheelchair derby sounds great, that prune juice I'm not too sure on... Well unless we have those porta potties right there on the lawn...

Well of course, darling. Deluxe portapotties that don't smell. And that have wheelchair ramps.

*revs up wheelchair*

Also, the hostel now has a veritable marijuana farm on the roof. I had to move the hookah and use cheats to get the containers to place in the common area, but they seem to be working just fine under sunlamps. I put the lot into a testing neighborhood, and since it worked, I'm now contemplating what to do in my real game. I think the bankrupt business tycoon might be starting up a brand new empire...

Also also, I got SimPE running on this machine. It runs reeeeeeeeally slooooooooowly, though, because it's eating a lot of RAM, so my plant project might have to wait until I'm home, and that won't really be until mid-September.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#105 Old 7th May 2013 at 10:51 PM
Well you know who can clean out those porta potties. *checks pulse of teenage lawn walker*

>board refuses to leave a gap between my sentences< SimPE might be able to change the value of the crop as well. How are they supposed to build their crooked empire when it's worth $0.
It's odd but good that SimPE loads quickly for me. Not like body shop which takes it's own sweet time up to 40 minutes. Now if only I knew what I was doing in SimPE I would whip up some plants, but I have no idea how. I will check and see if I can find the price tag. What would be a reasonable price do you think?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Undead Molten Llama
#106 Old 8th May 2013 at 12:08 AM
Well you know who can clean out those porta potties. *checks pulse of teenage lawn walker*

May as well put 'em to work if they're gonna trespass!

Quote:
It's odd but good that SimPE loads quickly for me. Not like body shop which takes it's own sweet time up to 40 minutes. Now if only I knew what I was doing in SimPE I would whip up some plants, but I have no idea how. I will check and see if I can find the price tag. What would be a reasonable price do you think?
SimPE loads quickly on my home machine, but this wee one...Not so much. It wants more RAM, but ordering it is problematic when I'm moving around a lot. The game loads pretty quickly, though, so I'm happy enough.

ANYWAY, as for a reasonable price because $0 won't do...Well, weed here at licensed dispensaries is generally selling for between $200 and $250 an ounce (US dollars, of course), depending on the strain. I believe the end product in the game is a joint, right? Depending on how fat one likes one's joints and on what, if anything, one mixes it with, most people roll joints with about 0.5g of weed in them, but some people like up to 1-2 grams and some like less. So it depends. But if you use the 0.5g average... There are about 28 grams in an ounce, so that's enough for 56 average joints. Divide $200 by 56, and I get $3.50 per joint, BUT that doesn't include the cost of the paper and anything one might mix the weed with. AND I have no idea what that would translate to in Simoleons, of course. But there's an idea, anyway, since I know you're not a "rebel" like me.

Mad Poster
#107 Old 8th May 2013 at 12:48 AM
I kind of want to make an iCad sim who grows her own "bland cucumbers" (but has no more than 6 plants!) and sits on her front porch in a rocking chair. Shame there are no alpacas for The Sims 2.....
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#108 Old 8th May 2013 at 1:09 AM
Well seeing one plant only yielded 5 joints, that's a lot of work for only $17.50. Then again I didn't expect such a well defined break down of costs! I think they need to make at least $10 per joint. This is sim bland cucumbers after all. If weeds as in real weeds grew that fast at my place I think I'd concrete the whole lot. Well apart from the lawn. Got to have lawn to get teenagers to run over in my wheelchair.

Anyone know how much tomato plants sell for when you harvest one plant? I do it all the time but never took any notice of how much the amount was. I think it's rather over priced.

~Call me Jo~
Undead Molten Llama
#109 Old 8th May 2013 at 2:04 AM
Well seeing one plant only yielded 5 joints, that's a lot of work for only $17.50. Then again I didn't expect such a well defined break down of costs! I think they need to make at least $10 per joint. This is sim bland cucumbers after all. If weeds as in real weeds grew that fast at my place I think I'd concrete the whole lot. Well apart from the lawn. Got to have lawn to get teenagers to run over in my wheelchair.

Anyone know how much tomato plants sell for when you harvest one plant? I do it all the time but never took any notice of how much the amount was. I think it's rather over priced.

Selling price depends on quality, right? I think I remember a tomato plant selling for $160, but I have no idea what the quality of it was. But if you can get $160 for a tomato plant...geez, "rather overpriced" is an understatement.

As for the weed: Only 5 joints per plant? Seriously? That's a lousy yield! Mine are growing indoors in containers, and we get about 2 ounces dried per plant. That's enough for at least 100 joints. And when it's warm enough to plant them outside, they'll do much better than that. Generally, with average conditions indoors and proper care and grow lights and such, you get about an ounce per foot of plant. When grown outdoors, you can get much more; 8-foot-tall plants are not uncommon outdoors, and the foliage is very dense, much denser than on indoor plants. I've known people who've gotten 5 pounds (80 ozs) per plant outdoors.

So, five joints from a whole plant is very unrealistic, ridiculously low. Therefore they should be very expensive, to make up the difference. If you figure it as the five joints being representative of 100 real-life joints, then 1 in-game joint = 20 real-life joints, and at $3.50 per, that's $70 per in-game joint for cost. Figure a reasonable mark-up on that, and I'd price them at $100-$150 per joint, which means $500-$700 per plant. Which, given that you can make $160 on a freakin' tomato plant, seems...still greatly underpriced. Bland cucumbers should be way more expensive than even the most mouth-watering tomato. But oh well. It's something.

@ Laura. Yeah, that's me. Don't forget the shotgun by the rocking chair, though. And I'm surprised they haven't put llamas in the game, given their obsession with them. I was kind of expecting them to be a pet in TS3, but apparently not. Well, if someone like Rebecah has made sheep, just extend the neck on the mesh and you'll have it about right for an alpaca.

Top Secret Researcher
#110 Old 8th May 2013 at 2:19 AM
So this thread went from organic gardening, to eugenics, back to organic gardening, then to drug dealing.

Huh.

Simblr.
Asks are always open, even to anons. I will always reply to asks, and I do my best to be cordial/less snarky than usual.
Forum Resident
#111 Old 8th May 2013 at 2:54 AM
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#112 Old 8th May 2013 at 3:09 AM
We're still gardening, just don't look to closely to what we are gardening.

I don't want them making that much, maybe I'll try and set it to $200 per plant and roll a die every day to see if they get busted.

~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#113 Old 8th May 2013 at 6:52 AM Last edited by fruitsymphony : 8th May 2013 at 7:12 AM.
My university sims now want to Harvest Good Produce and Join the Garden Club.
Inventor
#114 Old 8th May 2013 at 9:51 AM
*** Climbs on to porch without aid of walker or wheelchair , assumes duties of rolling fattie bland cucumber's from iCAd , whose cucumber's always run , "saliva iCad , saliva" . Waits eagerly with Jo , fruitsymphony and iCad to see how many crotches gummilutt will bring , and hopes Jo does not bogart any success she may have with establishing a price point for the bland cucumber market***

***Gets idea for signature***

Posts something semi relevant .... Digging down to the seeds and stems of my Harvestable foods folder , I found one more thing , a harvestable herbs package. No , not that kind... like chives and stuff from Sapphiresims , since SapphireSims site hasn't loaded in forever I uploaded it here http://www.mediafire.com/?au7z7zjs2fy6ja6 .
Mad Poster
#115 Old 8th May 2013 at 11:05 AM Last edited by gummilutt : 8th May 2013 at 11:31 AM.
I'm not sure if I should be amused or facepalm over my spelling mistake. Looks like it amused the rest of you at least, so I guess I'll go with amusement :P

I'll see if I can gather up some crotches to bring with me when I hop over there on my crutches. After all, someone has to carry the cookies.

@Jo: Honorary old person sounds excellent =P
Inventor
#116 Old 8th May 2013 at 11:16 AM
^ Cookies get a love , crotches get a helpful , everything else gets an an agree and a funny!

Shotgunning bland cucumbers since 1974
Undead Molten Llama
#117 Old 8th May 2013 at 7:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MOOKIEBLAYLOCK
*** Climbs on to porch without aid of walker or wheelchair , assumes duties of rolling fattie bland cucumber's from iCAd , whose cucumber's always run , "saliva iCad , saliva" . Waits eagerly with Jo , fruitsymphony and iCad to see how many crotches gummilutt will bring , and hopes Jo does not bogart any success she may have with establishing a price point for the bland cucumber market***

Saliva? What ARE you implying? Too much, or too little? But I'll gladly hand off the cucumber rolling duties to you. I actually kind of suck at it, to be honest. I do like 'em fat, though, so...good boy. *pats head*

Quote:
Posts something semi relevant .... Digging down to the seeds and stems of my Harvestable foods folder , I found one more thing , a harvestable herbs package. No , not that kind... like chives and stuff from Sapphiresims , since SapphireSims site hasn't loaded in forever I uploaded it here http://www.mediafire.com/?au7z7zjs2fy6ja6 .

You're awesome, you know that? The more stuff my pixels can grow, the happier I am, even if it's not all Seasons-esque stuff.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#118 Old 8th May 2013 at 9:39 PM
I think you are drooling iCad. *Moves away from Saliva and over to the cookies*

Thank you Mookie, herbs are wonderful!

gummilutt your crotches added much to the lawn party.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#119 Old 8th May 2013 at 10:36 PM
I sure hope so! It ain't easy picking up dudes when you are an old lady with crutches and hearing aid
Undead Molten Llama
#120 Old 9th May 2013 at 2:23 AM
I think you are drooling iCad. *Moves away from Saliva and over to the cookies*

Shut your mouth! I don't drool....much. And stop hogging all the cookies! I need some sugar to balance out the cucumbers.

And yes, gummilutt, your efforts are much appreciated! *pinches a random passing bum* It's good to be old!

Topic? What topic? Oh right! There's this! I was babbling earlier about ridiculously expensive sunlamps, right? Well, this is what I had seen before: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=376976 Why I didn't download it before I'll never know, but I've rectified that situation now. So for anyone else who thinks $2000 for a growlight -- I mean sunlamp! -- is ridiculous....there you are.

Page 5 of 5