Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Sockpuppet
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Dec 2008 at 9:17 PM
The Sims 2 Store : EC4 "Asian fusion" !
Fourth Exclusive Collection is available at TS2 Store

Quote: Originally posted by Maxoid_Hydra
Hey Simmers,

We’ve added over 50 all-new exclusive Asian Fusion items to The Sims 2 Store! Check them out in these categories: Hair, Clothing, Home Improvement and Home Décor!
http://thesims2store.ea.com/product...ourceid=ts2news

If you count the recolor ones, there are 116 items in the collection !
Advertisement
#2 Old 3rd Dec 2008 at 10:06 PM
I saw those over at Maty this morning. They look pretty nice. I like the new hair too.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 4th Dec 2008 at 7:38 PM
I checked them out mainly for the Asian furniture. In my opinion they do not look *that* Asian, which was disappointing. I know players who have created far better designed Asian stuff. Dh-sims is one of them.
Sockpuppet
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Dec 2008 at 8:00 PM
Yes, I agree with you, this stuff isn't asian enough !

Again an useless collection !
Field Researcher
#5 Old 4th Dec 2008 at 8:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JujuTS2

Well, it's called "Asian Fusion..."
#6 Old 4th Dec 2008 at 8:12 PM
The hairs are the only cool things. Maybe a few of the clothes. But overall it's not worth it. Items are way too expensive.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 4th Dec 2008 at 8:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by freelancergal
Well, it's called "Asian Fusion..."

... which is supposed to combine Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Taiwanese etc designs to create one unique item, like they did with BV expansion pack, where they mixed up Chinese and Japanese and some Korean in the big pot.

BV Asian style was a great success compared to this blurry thingy.
Scholar
#8 Old 4th Dec 2008 at 9:29 PM

I agree. I'm not a fan of these at all.

Their "harujuku" outfit looks so bland. And the boy's uniforms don't have any asian-ness to them at all. Where is the Mao collar?

.:Kitty Klan:.
Visit for Sims 3 Hair, Tattoos, and other free custom content downloads.

.For website updates, subscribe to my RSS feed at.
Dreamwidth Blog
Forum Resident
#9 Old 4th Dec 2008 at 10:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nalia
... which is supposed to combine Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Taiwanese etc designs to create one unique item,

In this case, I think the fusion is between Asian and Western styles, hence the rather bland Asian hints to otherwise normal furniture or the strapless evening gown with the silk drape around it.
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 4th Dec 2008 at 11:32 PM
You are probably right, I didn't think of that this way. Still they lack inspiration and creativity.
#11 Old 4th Dec 2008 at 11:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nalia
... which is supposed to combine Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Taiwanese etc designs to create one unique item, like they did with BV expansion pack, where they mixed up Chinese and Japanese and some Korean in the big pot.

BV Asian style was a great success compared to this blurry thingy.

In game, the items are not blurry. I think the preview pics are just so tiny, it's hard to get a good idea of how they look without downloading them.

Tempscire - That's exactly what it is, you hit the nail in the head!
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 4th Dec 2008 at 11:51 PM
RaineSims,

By blurry I rather meant vague as to their design pointing to a certain origin, period, etc. The only Asian trait in them is simply the collection name.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 6th Dec 2008 at 8:04 AM
I think they are ugly. I'd rather download free stuff from fan sites.
Theorist
#14 Old 6th Dec 2008 at 8:12 AM
Really? They look Asian to me the bed, lamps, dining chair, doors?
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 6th Dec 2008 at 1:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by treeag
Really? They look Asian to me the bed, lamps, dining chair, doors?

Okay. Now you can make a comparison with reproductions of *original* Japanese and Chinese designs. http://moonsims.asi.org/dh-sims-site/sims2sets02.htm
Sockpuppet
Original Poster
#16 Old 6th Dec 2008 at 9:05 PM
Thank you for the link, it's amazing !
#17 Old 6th Dec 2008 at 10:03 PM
I'm not feeling the Asian Fusion they look BLAH to me.
Test Subject
#18 Old 7th Dec 2008 at 2:04 AM
The furniture isn't that great, and stuff on there is generally really, really overpriced.

I did grab some of the hairs though, they're pretty nice and a couple of them come with extra 'funky' recolours to them (sort of making them a bit more worth the price). Which reminds me... on the Mod hair, does anyone else have like ... a 'broken' texture? Where like it's white with only words and numbers on it? I'm wondering if it's a problem with the product itself or my computer... every other hair appears fine...
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 7th Dec 2008 at 2:12 AM
Thank you for the link, it's amazing !

Glad you liked it!
Test Subject
#20 Old 1st Mar 2009 at 11:25 PM
I like some of the clothes, and the plant decor is pretty awesome, but the furniture is kinda meh. It's blocky and weird, and I've definitely found better Asian-style sets made by users. I'm tempted by some of the dresses, though...
Instructor
#21 Old 4th Mar 2009 at 4:10 AM
I don't think the furniture looks too bad. Maybe they were trying to be a little more modern with this set? I mean, not all Japanese designers go the traditional route.

The clothes are meh though, imo. Some are good, but some are really bland :0