Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
The other one
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Oct 2013 at 8:29 AM Last edited by missroxor : 27th Oct 2013 at 8:22 AM.
Default Happy Thanks-Clicking!

Warning: It’s about to get all pink and fluffy up in here!

It’s getting to that time of year again where many families and friends come together to stuff their faces with turkey and pretend they enjoy each other’s company remember the things in their life that they’re thankful for. Well that got us thinking that a lot of us here are very thankful to have a whole bunch of CC creators to make awesome things for our games. Sadly, we don’t always remember to say thanks to those creators when we’re too busy making grabby hands at their creations.

So, to say thank-you to all of our lovely creators we thought we’d host our first ever thanks-drive Anyone can participate by simply clicking the thanks button on anything they really enjoyed or appreciated. Even if you don’t download an item because it doesn’t fit your game play style, you can still hit that thanks button and let the creator know if you appreciate their efforts and creativity. Of course, comments and feedback are welcome too.

How to get involved
Simply look up your previous downloads and hit thanks on any that you appreciated. If you don’t know where to look for your previous downloads, check out this mini tutorial:

Let us know how it goes!
Thankers - If you’re proud to have dragged your thanks percentage up off the floor feel free to brag by posting some before and after pics
Creators - we’d love to see if you notice a difference to your scorecard averages/totals in the next month or so. You’re welcome to post before and after pics of your score card too. ETA: As Armiel pointed out, you will get a better visual of whether or not your thanks count spikes if you look at the graph at the top of the scorecard page

Fun factoid (sponsored by Delphy): Only 38% of MTS visitors come from North America. That means there’s probably a rather large chunk of you that don’t celebrate thanksgiving (myself included) but as we’re between Canadian and American thanks-giving at the moment, this seemed like a good time to do this. That being said, we obviously hope people will continue to say thanks even when there’s not a special news post or time of the year for it

Finally...
Save room for pie!

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
46 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Pretty Space Pony
retired moderator
#2 Old 25th Oct 2013 at 8:48 AM
This is a BRILLIANT idea :D! Thank you! Can we pretty please have one of those thermometer thingies (I so hope someone gets what I mean, still need my first cup of tea) that keeps track of the site average? It would be awesome to see that grow.
Instructor
#3 Old 25th Oct 2013 at 10:04 AM
I'm totally on it

Formally known as TotallySimsCrazy. Still addicted to custom content.
Simblr
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#4 Old 25th Oct 2013 at 11:24 AM
100% now!

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Instructor
#5 Old 25th Oct 2013 at 11:39 AM
Done 100%

Knight Of The Moon
Instructor
#6 Old 25th Oct 2013 at 11:41 AM Last edited by alverdine : 25th Oct 2013 at 1:02 PM.
Holy shite! I have so many downloads in my history left un-thanked I feel terrible now. Off to give my gratitude to the wonderful creators of this site.

Even though I'm not religious, happy thanksgiving to those that celebrate it !!!

Edit: 100% now, yippee!
Mad Poster
#7 Old 25th Oct 2013 at 12:53 PM
I wasn't doing too badly to begin with but now I am up to 100%

Which is confusing because I have this item in my download list that ISN'T thanked but I can't thank it anyway because the thread doesn't seem to exist anymore.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
#8 Old 25th Oct 2013 at 1:50 PM
I'd thanked 88% which isn't too bad. Up to 100% now
Field Researcher
#9 Old 25th Oct 2013 at 2:10 PM
This is a brilliant opportunity for me to remember to thank everything I haven't thanked; my percentage is horrible. A great idea!
Scholar
#10 Old 25th Oct 2013 at 2:22 PM
Mine was at 85% before. 100% now!

Visit MissyHissy's Job Centre and MissyHissy's Job Centre Forum for additional career help.
Visit MissyHissy's Irish Dance Studio
The Daily Plumbob, a Sims 4 Gameplay blog
Mad Poster
#11 Old 25th Oct 2013 at 2:27 PM
I to have now joined the 100% club.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Field Researcher
#12 Old 25th Oct 2013 at 2:54 PM
He he...

Forum Resident
#13 Old 25th Oct 2013 at 3:02 PM
Decided to get involved. I have 198 downloads, half of which I forgot I even download, only thanked 29%...oops.
And one hour later I've successfully thanked all the creators and reached 100%
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 25th Oct 2013 at 3:34 PM
Mine's at 49% right now. Time to get thanking.

If love is what saves all the creatures then why can't I hear them howl?
New Livejournal
EX:pondefloor
Instructor
#15 Old 25th Oct 2013 at 3:37 PM Last edited by alverdine : 25th Oct 2013 at 4:09 PM.
Lol, I ended up thanking around 800! They were mostly Sims 2 downloads though, and I don't think I was even aware of a 'thanks' button then (or maybe I was just too greedy to notice). It ended up taking a long, long time but luckily I had this beautiful music to listen to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUS0...etailpage#t=187, so it kind of became a trance-like process :lovestruc
Interstellar Traveler
#16 Old 25th Oct 2013 at 4:00 PM
/me puts a bag over his head

I used to be at 44%, which baffled me because I usually thank every creation I download. It must have been my naughty n00b self when I first joined the site! I am at 100% now, so all is good!

Formally SeeMyu | Retired Mod
Test Subject
#17 Old 25th Oct 2013 at 4:07 PM Last edited by supra107 : 25th Oct 2013 at 4:24 PM.
At least i have great tactic, which will save me a lot of time. CTRL+W After i finish clicking "Thanks" on few pages.

EDIT: I did it! I hope it will be worth the weight.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 25th Oct 2013 at 4:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pondefloor
Mine's at 49% right now. Time to get thanking.

And now I'm done. I have stuff there that I use almost every time I play the game so I was surprised that I didn't thank the people who made those things so essential to my game. I even left a few comments :D

If love is what saves all the creatures then why can't I hear them howl?
New Livejournal
EX:pondefloor
Mad Poster
#19 Old 25th Oct 2013 at 4:42 PM
I think I'm already at 100%
I will double check to make sure...

Thank you for the wonderful idea!!!

ETA: Yup All 660 DLs are properly thanked. Yay!

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
#20 Old 25th Oct 2013 at 5:17 PM
What a brilliant idea!

I had thanked 100% already *iz proud*, but I checked my scorecard and my daily thanks count there has more than tripled compared to what I usually get. So thank you, thankers, from a happy creator!
Undead Molten Llama
#21 Old 25th Oct 2013 at 5:18 PM
I didn't even realize that you could check which downloads you'd thanked, so "thanks" for pointing that out. I'm at 71%, which I'll rectify soon. Most of the unthanked were from when I was a n00b and didn't understand the etiquette involved, but recently I went on a raid of fakepeeps7's stuff and apparently forgot to thank a few here and there, too... Whoops!

But yeah, this is a fabulous idea, and I like the punny title, too. I have to confess, though: As a creator, I'm personally really not that fussed about whether or not people hit the thanks button. To me, a download IS a "thanks," in that it means that a person likes and appreciates what I've created enough to download it and likely put it in their game to at least have a look at it. BUT, as a downloader, I do prefer to be courteous because I'm aware that a lot of creators DO care about thanks. So, yeah, fab idea, and I'd like to see a "thermometer," too, if that's even possible.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 25th Oct 2013 at 5:29 PM
i felt so guilty the first time i seen my results i have been working on it.
Scholar
#23 Old 25th Oct 2013 at 5:48 PM
I've done it 100%! Although I couldn't thank some of them because it was blocked.

Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#24 Old 25th Oct 2013 at 6:25 PM Last edited by jones7659 : 25th Oct 2013 at 10:19 PM.
I actually started going back through my noob downloads a while ago and doing this. I'm still not at 100% but will be soon

EDIT: 100% And several got favorited as well! When I download them, I don't always know they'll end up being something I can't live without, so I went through and found my "never build a lot without" downloads and favorited them too!
Instructor
#25 Old 25th Oct 2013 at 6:41 PM
I had thanked 99% but since I thought I had thanked everyone I'm really bummed at myself. At least it's 100% now, better late than never I guess... =P
Page 1 of 5