Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Mar 2013 at 3:25 PM
Default Your Favorite Thing about Ambitions
I'm thinking about buying Ambitions, but I'd like to know a little more about it. If you've bought it, what is your favorite thing about Ambitions? :p

Thoughts of a Super Sparkly Teen
thoughtsofasupersparklyteen.blogspot.com
Chronicling the life story of one very non-super-sparkly teen.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 2nd Mar 2013 at 4:49 PM
I love the town it came with. Although it's hard to put down new lots, I love its atmosphere. The whole concept works for me. My sims tend to work a lot, so it's so much more fun when I can actually be involved in that. You might want read through this thread.

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=468856
Field Researcher
#3 Old 5th Mar 2013 at 1:23 AM
My favorite thing about Ambitions is the Eco-friendly trait. Not a big feature, but I use it all the time, especially in green thumb/outdoorsy type sims. It gives nice moodlets when your sim recycles, uses eco-friendly or energy efficient items, makes the sim shower faster, and makes all the sim's food choices "organic." Definitely one of my favorite traits ever in the game.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 5th Mar 2013 at 1:27 AM Last edited by LukeProduction : 6th Mar 2013 at 2:08 AM.
absolutely the professions! these complete the game! =)
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 5th Mar 2013 at 6:15 PM
I like the natural disasters, such as the earthquakes and meteorites. The firefighter career is nice, too. The professions are cool, because you can actually see your sim when they work.
Scholar
#6 Old 15th Mar 2013 at 3:54 AM
Twinbrook is definitely my favourite world. It's creepy and trashy and yet it's very beautiful at the same time. I don't usually bother with pre-made Sims but Ambitions has most of my favourites. Later packs have much better looking Sims, but nothing can beat Sims with names like Penny Pincher, Juan Darer, Nick Knack and Molly Coddle. Even the NCPs have funny names, like Anne T. Septik (a maid) and Ree Treave (the repo man).

I'm not a huge fan of the "careers" that came with the pack...I find them too time-consuming when playing large households, but I love the self-employed careers like painting, sculpting, fishing, inventing, writing, gardening and how selling your wares at the consignment shop makes those careers seem more real. If you have WA, your Sims can earn a living through photography or nectar making too.

And (I hate myself as I type this, but) I love the addition of laundry. I don't know why, but I love watching my Sims do completely banal things like fishing, cleaning and laundry.
Test Subject
#7 Old 2nd Apr 2013 at 10:52 AM
I bought Ambitions recently and apart from the professions, mostly, there are also skills which are new. my favourite is inventing. You collect junk and scrap and make new thing with it. I've made a ton of things with my sim! You can also invent time machines and drills and stuff.....
Test Subject
#8 Old 28th Jun 2013 at 9:02 PM
I love the new traits and Twinbrook.
#9 Old 30th Jun 2013 at 2:08 AM
Detonate everything!!! MUAHHAHHAHaaaaaaaaa

I moved my downloads to Simblr thebleedingwoodland
My newer quality downloads on my blog The Bleeding Woodland
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 1st Jul 2013 at 6:28 PM
I like sculpturing. It allows me to make sculptures of people before I kill them.
Test Subject
#11 Old 14th Jul 2013 at 7:13 PM
My favorite thing would be the Designing and the job that comes along with it. I also like the new traits that will help you with the new jobs and skills. I also live being a detective or a Crazy Maniac about to take over the world ♥
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 18th Jul 2013 at 11:30 PM
Inventing is definitely my favorite! You can make some really useful stuff, detonate objects for scrap, make a living selling inventions at the consignment shop, plus it's a high-risk activity which is always fun. I've had several inventors catch themselves on fire.
Test Subject
#13 Old 29th Nov 2013 at 11:56 PM
My favorite thing about this EP is the fact they get tattoo's! I love it, I think they should be able to get body piercings too!
Theorist
#14 Old 30th Nov 2013 at 4:16 PM
Self Employment - great if you have babies and hate the babysitter and have to make mom/dad be a stay-at-home.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Field Researcher
#15 Old 30th Nov 2013 at 7:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BloodyScholastic
Detonate everything!!! MUAHHAHHAHaaaaaaaaa

What he said ^
Field Researcher
#16 Old 1st Dec 2013 at 12:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kawab
What he said ^

Ditto.

My rich evil genius gets off on detonating cars around the world. 'What's that? A $17,000 fine because I damaged public property? Put it on my tab...'

I think this is one of the better EPs I've played. I also like the self-employment options and the new skills. The firefighting career was AWESOME the few times it worked but most of the time I'm hit with a bug where the emergency disappears as soon as I click 'Respond to emergency'. This really pisses me off.
Test Subject
#17 Old 8th Dec 2013 at 8:23 AM
I love the self-employed options and the new careers -- Architectural Design is my favorite career now. Ghost Hunting is fun, too.
Tattoos are awesome, too (though my inexperience tattooer gave his boyfriend horrible, horrible tattoo).
Mad Poster
#18 Old 17th Dec 2013 at 6:10 PM
The professions. I love the Firefighter profession.

It's the latest EP I've acquired (kinda late to the party here with TS3). So now my singers, daycare workers, etc. can earn more simoleons with the lifetime rewards.

I haven't given Sims the eco-friendly trait yet (I'm no treehugger :P) but my Sims still get the Recycling moodlet when using the recycling bins. Might be worth giving them the trait if I can't think of anything else to slap on them if it means shorter shower times. I'm still all for organic stuff myself. (I'm no environmentalist but I do believe in stewardship.)

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Test Subject
#19 Old 22nd Dec 2013 at 6:51 PM
Self-employment is great; I love Twinbrook as well, it's very atmospheric
Field Researcher
#20 Old 22nd Dec 2013 at 8:17 PM
It's still my fave EP.

Mainly I just like the option to work without working in a rabbithole, but specifically, I thought the town had a lot of character and I really liked the Inventor profession. Also, the new lots, such as the laundromat, junkyard, and fire station really make towns feel a lot more realistic.
Space Pony
#21 Old 25th Dec 2013 at 7:55 PM
I think that sims 3 without ambitious is nothing.(I have played these EPs:world adventure, generations& also ambitious)
The reason why I say it turns to nothing without ambitious is that it has a new town,so you'll see those brand new decorations, sims, and careers.
Another point is that careers are more like real life, and you will see what your sim is doing at work, so you'll have much more adventure, specially with Figher fighters, that you can save lifes,or lots of it's new quests.
If you'll like decorating house, you can even design other people's houses, in one of its careers (I don't remember full name of it)
You can become a baby sister, a hair dresser (100times of CAS menu).
It has new stuff , even a washing machine and so much more...
And im sure it's worth buying it. No matter what the prices are.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 25th Dec 2013 at 8:27 PM
I got University Life before I got Ambitions and I guess it re-introduced laundry.

Well, now I have a ton of styles to choose from when it comes to washers and dryers, since I got a nice laundry set from the EA Store!

At least laundry is still an option...if you don't want Sims to throw clothes on the floor, don't put washers on the lot. I also like the laundromat. I even built one--a couple of versions of one, one that'll blend in with Monte Vista. I put in video games and vending machines as well.

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Test Subject
#23 Old 30th Dec 2013 at 5:47 PM
I really like the different professions in Ambitions, it makes going to work way more exciting.
Test Subject
#24 Old 19th Jun 2014 at 8:21 PM
I love the Firefighter career so much! My male sim, (Father of 3 ;D) is really great at putting down fires and its so fun saving sims from death.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 19th Jun 2014 at 9:43 PM
I love the Education and Writer careers, but I think that's because I want to be either a writer, or a teacher.
Page 1 of 2