Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th May 2018 at 12:15 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Roommate walks outside, then walks back inside.
I'm trying out the roommate feature and so far it's a bit annoying. My roommate will constantly walk outside, stand there for a moment, then walk back inside.. The only time they stop doing this is when they take a break to read a book or when they go to work. Why is my rommate doing this? Do they always do this? Are there any mods that improve rommates?
Edit: Just to throw this out there, I'm using several Nraas mods including story progression, could this be breaking roommates somehow?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 13th May 2018 at 1:25 AM
Some of my NPC roommates over the years have had better autonomy than others. The worst ones were in Uni where all they would do is stand (in the way) in the kitchen all day and night taking selfie-pics until their needs tanked all over the place. The best ones became great friends with the family, held down jobs properly, and took my sim kids anywhere they wanted to go in town if a car was available. Sometimes they would "forget" to return the car to the garage, but hey can't have everything.

This is a longshot, but might this one have the Loves Outdoors trait or something that makes them want to go outside (but then they keep forgetting why)?

I've never noticed any difference in their behavior, only in their genetics when they are first spawned, with NRaas SP for progression vs. without.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th May 2018 at 1:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Some of my NPC roommates over the years have had better autonomy than others. The worst ones were in Uni where all they would do is stand (in the way) in the kitchen all day and night taking selfie-pics until their needs tanked all over the place. The best ones became great friends with the family, held down jobs properly, and took my sim kids anywhere they wanted to go in town if a car was available. Sometimes they would "forget" to return the car to the garage, but hey can't have everything.

This is a longshot, but might this one have the Loves Outdoors trait or something that makes them want to go outside (but then they keep forgetting why)?

I've never noticed any difference in their behavior, only in their genetics when they are first spawned, with NRaas SP for progression vs. without.

I didn't notice if she had that trait because I booted her out after a few days, though the next day I got a new roommate and he was doing the same thing.. So I just gave up on the roommate thing, drove me nuts. Maybe my house was too small so they didn't know what to do with themselves.