Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Feb 2015 at 7:05 PM Last edited by AriaSaeryen : 25th Feb 2015 at 8:07 PM.
Default Tuning trouble
So I've used S3PE to edit the GameplayData.package in Late Night so that my mixologist sim will have colorful unique drinks.

Quote:
<kUniqueDrinkCustomItemsMinimumQuality value="Normal"> <!--Range: Quality Description: The minimum quality unique drinks must have such that non-mood ones will receive custom colors/picks/glasses--> </kUniqueDrinkCustomItemsMinimumQuality> <kUniqueDrinkCustomColorChance value="1"> <!--Range: 0+ Description: The chance that appropriate quality non-mood unique drinks will have a custom color--> </kUniqueDrinkCustomColorChance> <kUniqueDrinkCustomColors value="Yellow, Purple, Green, Orange, Red"> <!--Range: DrinkColor[] Description: Colors that are availble for unique drinks with no mood--> </kUniqueDrinkCustomColors> <kUniqueDrinkCustomPickChance value="1"> <!--Range: 0 Description: The chance that appropriate quality non-mood unique drinks will have a custom pick--> </kUniqueDrinkCustomPickChance> <kUniqueDrinkCustomPicks value="Blue, Lightning, Plumbob, Red, Star"> <!--Range: DrinkPick[] Description: Picks that are available for unique drinks with no mood--> </kUniqueDrinkCustomPicks> <kUniqueDrinkCustomGlassChance value="1"> <!--Range: 0+ Description: The chance that appropriate quality non-moo drinks will have a nicer glass--> </kUniqueDrinkCustomGlassChance>

Except it doesn't seem to be working. All the drinks are still white, with the same glass, and no pick. The only thing I can think of is that "normal" isn't the actual word for the normal quality. Help please?

EDIT: It does seem to be working somewhat. He made a drink that looked cool, and I gave it the name of one of the boring drinks (unfortunately it didn't overwrite the other drink, I'd like to delete all the old boring drinks and give their names to his new ones, but from what I've heard you can't even delete them)
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 25th Feb 2015 at 8:29 PM
Why did you create a new thread instead of using the old one? http://modthesims.info/m/showthread.php?t=547904

What _XML resource are you quoting? It's very hard to read with the text formatted that way.

Have you edited the resource directly from GameplayData.package without exporting
it first to a new package.file in the Mods/Packages folder?

And you have to use the GameplayData.package from the basegame Installation directory,
not the one from an EP.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Feb 2015 at 9:52 PM
I thought I would make a new one since the old one asks about something else that apparently can't be done. It was technically a separate question; I didn't realize if it was somewhat related to the old one it should be in the same thread.

The _XML is called Bartending (followed by a string of numbers). Thanks for the info about the base game's file.

EDIT: Edited it, copied to a separate folder, than pasted into the original folder.
Inventor
#4 Old 25th Feb 2015 at 10:05 PM
Oh, my bad, I thought it was the same thing of the other thread.
What you wrote in your EDIT troubles me... I hope I'm misunderstanding again.
Can you explain step by step what you did exactly?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Feb 2015 at 10:34 PM
I edited the Bartending XML only, and only the stuff I quoted. I saved the package to a separate folder, copied the package, and pasted it back into Late Night/Game/bin/Gameplay (it's Gameplaydata.package). My game itself is working just fine in everything else.
Inventor
#6 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 8:42 AM
Maybe the language barrier is the problem (and I'm blaming myself, not you),
but I can't understand clearly what you did.

Anyway, as a rule of thumb, you must not edit resources directly from the game
packages, you extract the resource to a new package and save said package in the
Mods/Packages folder (better yet, in a subfolder called TESTING, EXPERIMENTAL
or something like that), then and only then you edit the resource in that newly created
package so it will override the "official" one. Otherwise you seriously risk to mess up
the game. Read the XML tuning tutorial: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit..._Tuning_Modding
Alchemist
#7 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 5:16 PM
I believe the problem is that you wrote this:

Code:
<kUniqueDrinkCustomItemsMinimumQuality value="Normal">

"Normal" is an incorrect quality value. Try changing it to "Neutral".

Just call me Nikel
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 11:33 PM
Thanks nikel23!