Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Jan 2017 at 3:48 AM
Looking for the original (Sept 2014) Careers XML files
Remember back when TS4 first launched, how the careers required you to make an insane number of friends in order to get promoted, and how they patched it out because it was too hard?

Well, I'm looking for a challenge, and I want to bring back the friend requirements.

So, this is a long shot, but does anyone have the original Careers XML files, lying around? And if so, would they be willing to upload them?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 31st Jan 2017 at 5:28 PM
The objective themselves are still in the game, so if you find a website that describes the requirements (or make up your own), you can build them again.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 6th Feb 2017 at 2:37 PM
It would be easier if you tracked which patch changed the requirements.

Some of the tunings are available for download at the official forums. The 1.6 tunings, for example, are at http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...y-tuning-as-xml . It's kinda hard to find them, though, as the threads where the old tunings were offered are not stickied anymore, and buried under that forum's usual traffic.

I'm also not sure if the old files would work without changes. Also, at least two of the requirements were changed due to being mostly broken; the one to beat writer's block was changed because it was often impossible once you already had gained a few levels of the skill, and the one to have 5 best friends originally required you to serially friend and unfriend other sims because you can't have multiple simultaneous best friends.