Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Feb 2017 at 10:07 PM
Default help with my Mod
With help from Scarlet I just created my very first Mod.
It is a no autonomous treadmill interaction. It works fine, so much that, even non playable won't touch treadmills at the gym...I am wondering if it is possible to only keep the non autonomous at home, or better..only for playables, or if I am stuck with either autonomous annoyance, or nothing at all for everyone?

Thank you.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 4:17 AM
Generally, when you code something to disallow autonomous action, you are coding it to disallow autonomous action for all sims, regardless of if they are playable or not. I, personally, have never seen a mod that allows something to be autonomous for only a select group of sims and non-autonomous for others. I don't think there's actually an XML tag that applies directly to, say, "Played Sims" as a way to allow or disallow sims from doing certain actions. Once you get into script modding, maybe there's a way to do that (I've seen a few mods that are Python or C that direct the gameplay to exclude playable sims from certain game actions), but I don't know if that would apply to individual interactions or not.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 4:28 AM
Thank you for taking the time to reply, I really appreciate this.
I will be getting some help
http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...stpost&t=589424

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Test Subject
#4 Old 4th Feb 2017 at 2:28 AM
Awesome! Coolspear to the rescue! I'm sure you'll have it figured out in no time.
Instructor
#5 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 8:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bamrd
Generally, when you code something to disallow autonomous action, you are coding it to disallow autonomous action for all sims, regardless of if they are playable or not. I, personally, have never seen a mod that allows something to be autonomous for only a select group of sims and non-autonomous for others. I don't think there's actually an XML tag that applies directly to, say, "Played Sims" as a way to allow or disallow sims from doing certain actions. Once you get into script modding, maybe there's a way to do that (I've seen a few mods that are Python or C that direct the gameplay to exclude playable sims from certain game actions), but I don't know if that would apply to individual interactions or not.

Could you point me a sims4 mod made in C language? I haven't seen one yet !
It's totally possible to tell who will use autonomy and who doesn't, but it's not just overriding allow autonomous true or false.
Test Subject
#6 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 8:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by azoresman
Could you point me a sims4 mod made in C language? I haven't seen one yet !

I could have sworn that MC Command center utilized some kind of a C language (I was mostly lumping them all together with 'C' for simplicity sake) - I could be wrong, though, I haven't picked it apart and was going off some information that I saw somewhere (could be faulty). My bad if I was wrong!

It's totally possible to tell who will use autonomy and who doesn't, but it's not just overriding allow autonomous true or false.

I didn't know that. Thanks for letting me know (more modding goodness to play around with!).
Instructor
#7 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 8:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bamrd
I could have sworn that MC Command center utilized some kind of a C language (I was mostly lumping them all together with 'C' for simplicity sake) - I could be wrong, though, I haven't picked it apart and was going off some information that I saw somewhere (could be faulty). My bad if I was wrong!

I didn't know that. Thanks for letting me know (more modding goodness to play around with!).

I've actually made some changes to C++ side of the game last year, but it's too much trouble just to allow more than 8 sims in CAS.
Autonomy is ruled by scores, so the right penalty/bonus can make one sim use autonomy and all other don't.

I use my gender preference to control who woohoo's and who doesn't - other trackers for other situations, just like thirst, sleep etc.
It can be based on any siminfo detail. all can be added to autonomy tests.
But you need to know more than just a bit of xml cloning, it helps if you know the autonomy system and internal switches the core has.
I can only help on detailed situations because there's too many things that can be done to achieve the same result.
Test Subject
#8 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 7:39 PM
It can be based on any siminfo detail. all can be added to autonomy tests.
But you need to know more than just a bit of xml cloning, it helps if you know the autonomy system and internal switches the core has.
I can only help on detailed situations because there's too many things that can be done to achieve the same result.

That's good info to have! I'm still learning exactly what can and can't be done in modding for Sims 4 so I'm not sure I'm at a point where I need to use this type of info yet, but I never say no to new info in case I do at some point. Thanks for offering your help, though - it's opened up new horizons for me to explore. I'm not sure if Rosebine needs the help, though. They'd be able to tell you if they do.