Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Feb 2017 at 5:29 PM Last edited by thewatcheruatu : 13th Feb 2017 at 5:47 PM.
Default make a custom interaction inappropriate or embarrassing?
I've just been toying around with custom interactions. I created one modeled off of the "sim_TalkToSelf" interaction that Insane sims get. It's called "Talk to Imaginary Friend", and it really just does the same thing, but I wanted to play around with figuring out how some of these interaction settings work.

Initially, I was wondering if there was a way to only make the interaction available when the Sim is alone. I spotted the "privacy" setting in the Interactions tdesc, and thought that might make sense, though when I looked more closely, it seemed like it probably would only make your Sim try to shoo away other Sims. Regardless, I added it like this:

Code:
  <V n="privacy" t="enabled">
	<U n="enabled">
		<V n="privacy_snippet" t="reference">
			<T n="reference">39325<!--Privacy: privacy_snippet_long_distance--></T>
		</V>
	</U>
  </V>

Didn't seem to have any effect on the interaction in game. The character will happily do it right in front of another Sim on the lot.

So I went and checked out a few tuning files for inappropriate behaviors, such as bed woohoo and sabotaging items, and got some ideas. I noticed that they use broadcasters to broadcast inappropriate behavior. Maybe there's something I'm not understanding about this, because the tdesc files don't really elaborate, but I went ahead and added it anyway:

Code:
  <L n="basic_extras">
	<V t="broadcaster">
		<U n="broadcaster">
			<L n="broadcaster_types">
				<U>
					<T n="item">99813<!--Broadcaster: broadcaster_InappropriateBehavior--></T>
				</U>
			</L>
		</U>
	</V>
  </L>

Didn't change anything. Test character will still do it right in front of others, and nobody seems to react.

I noticed there's also an "appropriateness_tags" enum. I don't think that's it, though. I'm not sure at this point how to see a list of available tags, either. The only ones I've noticed are "Appropriateness_Visitor" and "Appropriateness_Touching".

Here's the entire interaction as of right now in case anybody is so inclined. I'm going to continue looking into it on my own, but--I realize this might be a long shot--I thought it couldn't hurt to see if anybody else has worked this out yet.