Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jan 2017 at 3:34 PM Last edited by Eternal Rose : 27th Jan 2017 at 4:20 PM.
Sick of EA'S crap textures, making massive override!
That does it I can't take it anymore, I have had it with EA's crap, the blotchy dirty skin textures, the bad shading/ reflect effect of clothes that lack texture all together! Not to mention the bad sims lack nails, eyelashes & still waiting for hair that moves naturally (like they promised us).

Alright enough venting, lol. Now that being said Is there a way to get in to the actual EA texture files, without going into each item to make a HD texture & shader fix! I haven't done any modding for Sims 4 yet so I'm trying to learn from scratch.

But I have done Default eyes, skin with genetics & made objects & clothes for Sims 2 out of EA & custom meshes, never shared except some eyes. And very little cc for Sims 3, just a few patterns, & screen print/texture changes to some of the clothes that were EA & by other cc makers. So I'm not a total noob. Just out of practice, haven't gotten into Sims games in a while.

If anybody knows if this is possible please let me know any help would be great. Going back to tutorials on here. Thinking I have to learn coding?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 27th Jan 2017 at 6:18 PM
Get Sims 4 Studio and use the Tools > Game FIle Cruiser to select the texture types. Texture files for skins are under DDS and RLE2
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 1:27 PM
Thanks, TwistedMexi! Time to play around & see what I can get.