Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Feb 2024 at 10:19 PM
Default The Sims 3 PS3
I was gifted a PS3 by a friend a while ago, and I bought TS3 for nostalgia's sake. After 10 years it still feels awful to control LOL! What are your thoughts on it? Would you consider it a good Sims game, or do you feel it's lacking compared to the PC version? Personally I think that despite its downsides, it's still a solid experience overall. Shame about there being no mod support, though :-(
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 24th Feb 2024 at 5:53 PM
I think this and Sims 3 Pets for console (xbox and ps3) were great versions of the PC game. Although they of course lacked some features and content from the PC version, it was still pretty faithful to how the PC game played (unlike the Sims 2 console games).
Mad Poster
#3 Old 24th Feb 2024 at 7:16 PM
This doesn't impede gameplay of course, but EA shut down their servers for the console versions of TS3 many years ago. What did that subtract from the experience? Was there a collection of CC or other content made specifically for these games that is no longer obtainable or were the servers devoted to something else like player connectivity?
Forum Resident
#4 Old 24th Feb 2024 at 8:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
This doesn't impede gameplay of course, but EA shut down their servers for the console versions of TS3 many years ago. What did that subtract from the experience? Was there a collection of CC or other content made specifically for these games that is no longer obtainable or were the servers devoted to something else like player connectivity?

The console versions had their own version of the Exchange, and when EA discontinued online services for them it can no longer be shared to/downloaded from anymore.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.