Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Nov 2016 at 8:05 PM
Outdated imaginary doll friend mod affects sims' outfits?
Hello!

This time I solved my problem myself (yay), but I wanted to share it in case anyone else comes across this issue. I also wanted to ask if anyone knew why this problem has emerged in the first place.

The issue was that all of a sudden my sims' outfits "disappeared". They just wore their everyday outfits and whenever they changed into, f.e., their night outfits, or even the "naked" outfit when showering, they did the "change" animation but stayed in the very same casual outfit. And it spread like a disease across town, after a couple of hours almost everyone was affected (but just the ones I had been playing). To cut a long story short: it turned out that the "delete imaginary doll" mod had caused the issue. The problem appeared as soon as someone got the doll via mail and it got worse when a second one came. Now that I updated the mod (which must be downloaded on the creator's tumblr, that's why I didn't notice the update) I have to assign all the sims' outfits again and they don't disappear anymore.. fingers crossed that it stays like that.

So my question is: How is it possible that the imaginary friend mod affects the game in this way? I mean, I would totally understand if the game crashed as soon as a doll arrived, or that there is some sort of bug when it comes to toddlers and babies...but this? I didn't think that such a mod could mess up the outfit system. Does someone know a possible reason why it is like that?

Thanks!
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 27th Nov 2016 at 10:54 PM
For the same reason that having a Special seed in your inventory can prevent you from fishing? There is a lot of stuff that is interrelated. An imaginary friend does need an outfit for when it becomes active....

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Alchemist
#3 Old 28th Nov 2016 at 8:51 AM
^ Yeah, makes me think it's something related to maybe 'freezing' the outfit choice or preventing the IF from changing into human form, but without seeing the mod directly it's impossible to know for sure.

Either way, you might be safer with a No/Less Chance of Imaginary Friend mod. I have a lowered chance version and delete any IFs with Master Controller if I don't want them.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Nov 2016 at 7:10 PM
Yeah that might be a possible connection. Thanks for your answers! And I didn't know that one could delete the IF with Master Controller. Have to check out how to do that, thanks for mentioning it