Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Nov 2016 at 6:26 PM
Default Constant "grunting" Sound Effects In Gameplay Background
Hello everyone,

This is my first time posting a thread for help, so bare with me if I'm posting this in the wrong section or place. I just need some help with an apparent glitch in my gameplay, and I hope someone has a conducive answer.

Lately I've been having a very odd sound effect glitch happening during my Live Mode gamelay. I can best describe it as a constant "grunting" or "grrr" sound clip that loops itself. It happens every few seconds or so, and sounds like a male Sim flexing or grunting. I tested this by muting certain sound effects in the game, and it only happens when I have the "voice" option turned on. As though the problem in only happening in the voice sound effects. This glitch happens regardless of my Sims sleeping or idling doing anything. I first experienced it in a household of only one female Sim, so I know she wasn't making the noise. It's happened in two different worlds of mine so far, and in various households. It seems to start without warning, and never goes away. It's become VERY irritating and the sound is louder than my actual gameplay, so it interrupts everything else. I'm fed up with hearing it.

I don't know if the problem is caused by custom content or not, since I do have content installed, but it's all well maintained. My game is also up to date, and has been for a while now. I've searched for hours on Google and seen people say it's a problem with Wishes and Opportunities, but I've tested this theory as well, with no positive results of a solution. I had my Sims quit their jobs and cancel all opportunities but the sound clip still plays. I'm nearly at my wits end with this, and any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't even think it's an invisible Sim making the noise either, or a ghost. I'm very tired of listening to some random grunting sound over, and over, and over again... It's rather maddening.

Quote:
Applaud the power of creativity...for without it the world is lost.

- Domino
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 30th Nov 2016 at 7:53 PM
The first step would be to backup your save, and then move your CC temporarily out of the game. If this stops it, then it's CC related.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Nov 2016 at 8:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
The first step would be to backup your save, and then move your CC temporarily out of the game. If this stops it, then it's CC related.

Thank you for your suggestion. I do back up my games regularly, so they should be protected. I will try this.

Quote:

- Domino
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 30th Nov 2016 at 8:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj

Okay, I removed my CC temporarily, and the I didn't hear the sounds. I think it's safe to say that it might be caused by something I have installed, but I'm unsure what it is. I may have to go through all of my CC in attempt to find it, but it may take a while. *sigh*

Thanks for helping me

Quote:

- Domino
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 1st Dec 2016 at 12:44 AM
It could be the Buoys Producing Wierd Sound Effects. archxdiablo over at NRaas has a link to his/her tuning mod.
You can access the NoBuoySoundEffects mod Here At DropBox
Just click the "No Thanks" if you do not want to register.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#7 Old 1st Dec 2016 at 1:06 AM
The problem with the buoys is actually the opposite. They can cause other sound effects to completely vanish randomly once an active Sim comes near them and then these Sims "carry" the missing sounds with them until you reload the game.

There are some game objects though that are likely to not stop producing sounds once they've been activated, like the brain enhancing machine and the group science project from University Life. The brain enhancing machine does produce voice sounds, by the way.
Another bugged object with regard to sounds is the wishing well from the store: whenever a Sim interacts with it there's a chance that the voices sound as if they were on full volume on your lot, even if the well is on some remote community lot and none of your actives interact with it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 1st Dec 2016 at 1:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Are you using k-world? or outdated Ani's bistro mod?

I'm not sure about the "k-world" mod, but possibly the bistro one. I'd have to check on that.

Quote:

- Domino
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 1st Dec 2016 at 1:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
It could be the Buoys Producing Wierd Sound Effects. archxdiablo over at NRaas has a link to his/her tuning mod.
You can access the NoBuoySoundEffects mod Here At DropBox
Just click the "No Thanks" if you do not want to register.

Thank you for the link I will try this and see if it works since I'm currently still having the problem.

Quote:

- Domino
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 1st Dec 2016 at 1:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
The problem with the buoys is actually the opposite. They can cause other sound effects to completely vanish randomly once an active Sim comes near them and then these Sims "carry" the missing sounds with them until you reload the game.

There are some game objects though that are likely to not stop producing sounds once they've been activated, like the brain enhancing machine and the group science project from University Life. The brain enhancing machine does produce voice sounds, by the way.
Another bugged object with regard to sounds is the wishing well from the store: whenever a Sim interacts with it there's a chance that the voices sound as if they were on full volume on your lot, even if the well is on some remote community lot and none of your actives interact with it.

This is actually very interesting that you mentioned this. I do have the brain enhancing machine on one of my lots in this particular world where I'm experiencing the problem, but I'm not sure if it's located in the other world with the same issue. In fact, the sound issue is happening on the lot with the machine as well. However, it's been happening on several different lots, and randomly comes and goes.
I did think it was possibly a problem with an object, but I can't figure out which one exactly. Although, it may not be the brain enhancing machine for me, since the sounds seem to go away when I remove all my CC. Unless it's somehow linked with it. As for the wishing well, I don't think I've ever used it, but that may also be a cause too. I do thank you for telling me this information, and I can look into this and see if either one is causing the issue.

Quote:

- Domino
Scholar
#11 Old 1st Dec 2016 at 3:29 AM
Are you using Animated Woohoo perhaps?
I had this happen once when a sim was stuck and invisible in a woohoo interaction on a neighboring lot.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 1st Dec 2016 at 5:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MurderPrincessK
Are you using Animated Woohoo perhaps?
I had this happen once when a sim was stuck and invisible in a woohoo interaction on a neighboring lot.

Yes, I do have some woohoo mods and it's something I've considered might be causing on issue. Especially since it draws sound directly from Sim voice audio. But I don't think it's an invisible Sim though, since the glitch plays the same sound clips over and over and it's happened in many households. I think it might be a glitch in my game's audio system.

Quote:

- Domino
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 1st Dec 2016 at 7:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DominoPunkyHeart
Thank you for the link I will try this and see if it works since I'm currently still having the problem.

You are welcome. Just gave it a shot as a possibility for something to look at. Everyone's game is so different it's sometimes hard to tell what others are hearing or seeing, lol. Hope one of the other suggestions works for you and please, share the results
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 4th Dec 2016 at 3:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
You are welcome. Just gave it a shot as a possibility for something to look at. Everyone's game is so different it's sometimes hard to tell what others are hearing or seeing, lol. Hope one of the other suggestions works for you and please, share the results

Hey, I think what you suggested seems to be resolving the issue I tested the game for a few days and I haven't heard the menacing sounds effects loop since I installed the mod you linked for me. I thank you again for your help, and for everyone else's help as well. I will post again if I have any future issue.

Quote:

- Domino
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 4th Dec 2016 at 4:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DominoPunkyHeart
Hey, I think what you suggested seems to be resolving the issue I tested the game for a few days and I haven't heard the menacing sounds effects loop since I installed the mod you linked for me. I thank you again for your help, and for everyone else's help as well. I will post again if I have any future issue.

You are welcome DominoPunkyHeart and glad that seems to have resolved the issue.