Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#3451 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 11:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sparklypotato
My legacy family continue to thrive, with almost all of generation 3 now teens. Barney was the latest to grow up, with a big family garden party with plenty of smustling as per Redds tradition. Gen 3 is also getting a unexpected member (thanks, Angel), and I just hope it's going to be one baby not triplets or quads!!

(Also, this is my 1000th post after 10 years of being on MTS!)

Woo! That's amazing! :o
Advertisement
Instructor
#3452 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 11:09 PM
Beginning Pleasantview (BGP) — Round 1
I spent all day today finishing round 1 by getting the Pleasants’, the Lotharios’, and the Dreamers’ getting settled in their homes. All three families are expecting babies in round 2. Matter of fact, a total of 16 families are expecting little ones. So that means, generation 2 of Pleasantview (Gunther Goth, Herb Oldie, Bob Newbie, Agnes Crumplebottom) are arriving soon.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Mad Poster
#3453 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 4:03 AM
The kids in Tinsel Town are starting to grow into teens. So far they're a very handsome, but unambitious bunch, which relieves their parents, who (for the most part) are wondering how to afford college for their spawn.

Dave Walton finally decided that his baby brother and sister were all right for human beings and he's become friends with them. Shelley Swanson so far is the prettiest girl in town, and I have the distinct feeling she's going to be breaking hearts all over the place.

Next child to grow up will be Rosemary Bishop who will probably turn into the teen queen of the neighborhood. She knows she's special and she's rich enough to make sure the others know it too. I can foresee her being the princess bitch to everyone else, -her father, Terrell, will be moving onto the politics career in the next few years. He's bored with show business and wants to run for Mayor. Her mother just wants to have as many lovers on the side that she can get away with-but her husband seems to always be around, thus thwarting her wishes.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Test Subject
#3454 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 8:20 AM
I found a girlfriend for one of my Sims!

Ali Avci started out Popularity/Fortune? I think? Before I changed him to Family/Popularity because it suits him a lot more. He's very good at making friends--it's practically an effortless process for him at this point--but he kept rolling wants to singularly flirt and fall in love with specific Sims after having his First Kiss and WooHoo with the campus femme fatale, Claire Zhang. Unfortunately, the Sims who came after her were either not very interested in him or already had SOs who they weren't willing to cheat on.

I was thinking that I was going to have to create a partner for Ali after he graduated, but one of the freshmen that I added in this rotation turned out to be the (seemingly) perfect match for him. They got together much quicker than I expected, so we'll see if they stay together. His girlfriend, Laura, is Fortune/Popularity, but I find that a lot of my freshmen like to experiment with several Sims before they settle down, even if they're not Romance Sims. Ali has already gone through that period of his college life, so it seems like he's looking for a serious commitment now (hence the aspiration change). Laura might want to experience more.
Instructor
#3455 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 6:54 PM
Beginning Pleasantview (BGP) — Round 2 — Newbie

The challenge finally begins as I struggle to get the right children for each family. It only took one reset for Gunther Goth and Agnes Crumplebottom to be correctly born, but Bob Jr. Newbie broke the record with seven.

Bob’s arrival was long awaited; however, he has put his family in even more financial strain. They barely could afford the crib they got him and can’t get him any toys. So, all he does is babble mindlessly in his crib and play in the dirty bathroom toilet.

As Bob Sr. finally gets a job as an Entertainer, they hope that things get better sooner than later.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Forum Resident
#3456 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 8:13 PM Last edited by sugoisama : 22nd Jul 2018 at 8:23 PM.
Okay umm I have to share this because this is the craziest thing that ever happened to me in the sims
So a lightning struck one of the trees outside of the Contrary house and I thought "Oh well, the rain's gonna put it out anyway"
Well it did not, cuz it stopped raining.
Opal ran outside to panic about the fire, so I made her and Rick put it out while Edward was cleaning up the dishes.
Well that didn't work out, since Edward and Rick's gf, Violet, who came over ran to the flaming tree too.
Then Edward caught fire while Violet walked away.
Rick and Opal were trying to put out Edward and the fires, but eventually Edward died (rip in pepperoni)
HOWEVER, next thing I know fires are popping up all around the house in seemingly random locations, so I'm like "What the hell" then I notice
Violet was leaving behind a trail of fire where she walked!
From now on, she shall be Violet the fire maiden.

Edit: the fire maiden's trail of fire killed everyone in the family.
Mad Poster
#3457 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 8:17 PM
You can call the fire department when there is a fire outside.
Top Secret Researcher
#3458 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 9:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
You can call the fire department when there is a fire outside.

Where would be the fun in that?
Inventor
#3459 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 5:42 AM
I wanted Michael to be resurrected so I made Dina dial up the Grim Reaper. I offered all of the hosuehold's savings (only $2k~), and Michael came back as a zombie. I exited without saving and haven't reattempted since .

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Instructor
#3460 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 12:51 PM
If you have 8.5K, he will come back as a normal Sim.

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
Mad Poster
#3461 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 12:53 PM
The Crystal Bay Province of Elsewhere has a new family. And they are suspicious. Their parents were high-level government officials with the former administration before the communist takeover. They named their children after various agencies in the old government. The family's last name is Agent so that made their children's names (ATF, NSA, etc) especially stupid. Their first task was to take on new names.

They are planning to overthrow the government (shh! Don't tell!) Several of them have managed to place themselves high up in key careers. The game is on.

Of COURSE, the oldest, Cook, won the baby lottery. Sandy Fairchild has been brought in to do the honors. So far Cook has been able to resist her charms. The women are trying to give her a chance, but they know better than to trust anyone. Sandy seems a bit flighty, so that instinct is probably a good one.

Will Sandy really live her whole life in the dark? Will she be able to convince Cook to buy a double bed, or even furnish a nursery? Can she be trusted?

Duh duh DUH

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#3462 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 2:23 PM
In Retropleasantspot, Penny Weiss has had a boy named Othar. She wanted to invite Rhett over for the birth and longs to marry him, but they have to wait till he's out of basic training. Mary Land's had a boy named Hart and is happy, but tired. Her parents, anxious to support this baby until Mary finds the right man for her, are rolling skilling wants calculated to get them promotions at work. They invited Valentine and Goldie over to see the baby. Homer is very taken with Goldie. Mary slept through most of the visit, and Valentine was on his best behavior. When Mary did get up the first thing she tried to do was clear the table, but he interrupted her for a backrub and some handholding.

Lana Mann has gone behind her husband's back to meet Junior (AWOL from the barracks) while out getting her hair done. She's decided that what Widespot really needs is a beauty parlor and bought a small business. She also hung up on Candy twice when she called for Rich.

The Harts are taking good care of Candy's daughter Angeline. Goldie has moved into Rhett's room and her old room is done up as a nursery. She went out to the Swimming Hole and ran into Rhett, AWOL and taking a dip (presumably on his way back from having sneaked over to the Weiss's to see Other and keep Penny sweet). She brought him home, where he gave Angeline a bottle and played darts with Goldie. Valentine wanted a date, so I arranged his female acquaintance in chemistry order, and low and behold, Mary topped the panel. So he took her in to Pleasantview for a nice dinner and back home for a woohoo. He considered taking her to the Budget Hotel, but doesn't think she's ready for that. (Besides, she'd probably want to clean the place.) He was not pleased, afterward, to find Candy beating the tar out of her in the kitchen, and argued with his daughter about it. He gave Mary a baby dangle for Hart and a mirror for herself. She's been dithering about who she wanted to get engaged to, but during this date she was confident that she wanted to marry Valentine. He's not about to have her and his daughter living under the same roof, though, and he is just flat too old for her.

Virginia Beech called an outing of Widespot Teens and met Dixie, Scot, and Woody at the Swimming Hole. Scot and Woody immediately started flirting, and she is livid! Woody thinks she's being unreasonable - after all, if she wanted him, she should have kissed him the other night. (Scot wants to go steady with Woody, but isn't sure it's possible for two boys to go steady.) Dixie refused to get into it and Virginia unbent enough to start a game of Marco Polo. She brought them all back to her house, where I kept her busy, Scot and Daytona played chess, and Dixie joined Rocky at the dollhouse. Sandy gave birth to a boy named Lindqvist in the kitchen shortly after Hamilton got home, and subsequently took care to block him from getting a good look at the child. Even though I had a plan for her to have to leave home with the baby, it's looking good for her to get away with this one, as Rhett didn't drop in, and Linqvist has her eyes and skintone, and of course black hair isn't suspicious. So much depends, now, on the kid's nose.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Inventor
#3463 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 2:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Yvelotic2001
If you have 8.5K, he will come back as a normal Sim.

I figured that out when I went to the simwiki . But it's been such a long time since I used the Resurrect-o-Nomitron I was in for a shock

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#3464 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 4:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama
Okay umm I have to share this because this is the craziest thing that ever happened to me in the sims
So a lightning struck one of the trees outside of the Contrary house and I thought "Oh well, the rain's gonna put it out anyway"
Well it did not, cuz it stopped raining.
Opal ran outside to panic about the fire, so I made her and Rick put it out while Edward was cleaning up the dishes.
Well that didn't work out, since Edward and Rick's gf, Violet, who came over ran to the flaming tree too.
Then Edward caught fire while Violet walked away.
Rick and Opal were trying to put out Edward and the fires, but eventually Edward died (rip in pepperoni)
HOWEVER, next thing I know fires are popping up all around the house in seemingly random locations, so I'm like "What the hell" then I notice
Violet was leaving behind a trail of fire where she walked!
From now on, she shall be Violet the fire maiden.

Edit: the fire maiden's trail of fire killed everyone in the family.

I once had a house that would just randomly generate fires. I decided there was a fire demon in the home. I haven't played it in a while, but it took the whole family.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Forum Resident
#3465 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 6:05 PM
I downloaded a Rod Humble sim and I'm moving him into my town. He's going to own a computer-electronics store with his wife and have a toddler daughter I thought it was a nifty idea, and it means there's actually a REASON for him to show up - because he's a nice guy and wants to promote his business
Forum Resident
#3466 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 9:37 PM
I'm playing Strangetown (Loste in my game) while I work on my new default face set.

Curious:
The boys were joined by their sisters Lola and Chloe. Chloe reads as a wild child for me. She's the more outgoing and she and Lazlo are pretty much the same person. I see much familial closeness there. Pascal and Lola are more similar, she's the serious one out of the girls and wants to be a lawyer and help the Silaxis refugees that are currently streaming into town. All five are close with PT 9 and his family.

Singles
The Curious sisters, upon meeting Erin and Kristen decided most emphatically NOT to take the room, and Erin was desperately relieved. Chloe had been antagonistic in the extreme. No one seems to know that Erin is Loki's little sister. Newly graduated with an art degree and heightened sense of angst and self-importance, it remains to be seen whether Erin will be like her irascible brother. With the loss of the two prospective roommates, the girls need a third, and in the spirit of finding one, Erin adopted a stray dog called Tucker. Sadly, it's Kristen who tidies up after him, but Erin did spend the last of their bill money buying the very little dog a very large and well appointed doghouse. Kristen jokes bitterly that Tucker is living better than the girls are themselves. She may be right. Luckily, Erin's brother called in time to hear their plight. Loki always knows what to do where his baby sister is concerned...

Beaker
In this case, family is much on Loki's mind. Circe has determined that it is the optimum time for the couple to see to their progeny. She carefully calculated the correct time for conception, and appears to have been successful, though of course the couple won't know for some weeks yet. With her recent promotions, Circe is rapidly advancing up the medical career ladder. With a family now likely on the way, Loki needs to ensure his dynasty is secured. The increasingly violent Nervous Subject had to go therefore. After a physical altercation, the troubled youth ran from the house one night, saving he and Circe the difficult task of working out how to get rid of him. With Nervous off their hands, Loki was able to send a money order to his darling little sister to ensure her success, and then begin preparing the spare suite for the incoming infant and his own greatest dream...

Meanwhile, Circe arrived home with an unlikely supper guest: Jenny Smith. Loki took immediate umbrage to her and started to harass her in the living room about her family. Poor Jenny left in tears and won't be back. Circe pointedly ignored her once she got her home. She and her husband HATE aliens. They are highly disturbed by the Silaxis and their uncanny abilities.

Smith:
Jenny and PT 9 celebrated Johnnie's birthday - without him aging up. He's going to head off to uni at Metaugee State in the autumn. Since this is his last summer at home, he wants to spend it with his friends, getting into trouble, exploring old haunts and saying goodbye to his little sister. He and Ophelia might have somethings to say to each other too before the big day at uni... With empty nest syndrome pending, Jenny wanted another baby. PT9 was happy to oblige, but she ended up miscarrying before the end of the first trimester. Poor Jenny is still recovering, and being bullied by Loki did not help AT ALL. It's not likely that she'll be able to have any more children, but she might try again once Johnny heads off to uni.

Up Next:
AJ Loner has heard that there's a room a 3/1 in Loste going for rent. Two girls live there now and are apparently looking for a third. He's interested - anything to get a place.

I actually don't yet know how many babies will arrive when Circe gives birth. She's had twins in the past so nothing is <quite> off limits there. We'll see. I have an idea of Loki's big dream - his master plot, but more on that in the next rotation.

The Loste teens go to Uni and I build the High School for the next generation!
Mad Poster
#3467 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 9:56 PM
Jane Stacks surprised me when she decided to try for a baby (and succeed) a few days before she became an elder. Her 4 children (3 adopted) are all either young adults or in their teens, so I wasn't expecting her to have any more children but I thought "sure why not"! She surprised me even more when she gave birth to QUADS! In my mind, she went through IVF and that's what resulted in quads, which to me makes sense - but it's more a problem of where are these kids going to go? and also... c'mon, she's about to become an elder... I'm thinking, being that she spent most of her adult years as the orphanage worker, she might give her quads up for open adoption but I have nothing set in stone yet. Either way, she gave birth to three girls (Kathy, Andrea and Winnie) and a boy (Dominic).

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Test Subject
#3468 Old 24th Jul 2018 at 9:02 PM
My biggest family is the Harmons--a couple and their five kids, who are all teenagers. As you can imagine, it's my craziest household lol. It's gotten even crazier recently.

The older son, Austin, had a girl over, Jasmine Santos. They're casually dating, which means they aren't officially boyfriend-girlfriend and are still seeing other Sims. While I was attending to the other members of the family, Jasmine made out with Austin's father, Tom! I have ACR in my game which allows such interactions, but still, I was surprised.

I've caught Tom casually flirting with other women before, but he's never made any significant moves. He's Popularity/Family, and with Family as his secondary I wouldn't expect him to even think of cheating on his wife Claire. Maybe he likes maintaining the image of a happy family more than he actually likes devoting himself to his family. Claire is Family/Popularity and would never dream of cheating on Tom.

Anyway, Claire caught Tom and Jasmine and was extremely angry. Tom tried to apologize, but it didn't work. Claire kicked Jasmine out right away and refused to speak to Tom for days. He slept on the couch. The only time they talked was when they agreed to do couples counseling, as Tom rolled a want for it--I took that to mean he didn't want a divorce. Claire only agreed to it because she was afraid of what the neighbors might think if her and Tom divorced and also because she didn't want to hurt their kids. The whole family is very close, and a divorce would devastate the kids. They didn't know about the first incident and I guess Tom and Claire wanted to keep it that way.

Unfortunately, couples counseling was to no avail. Austin had Jasmine over again and Tom couldn't help himself. He caressed Jasmine in front of the entire family while they were eating dinner...classic Sim behavior, right? Claire went into aspiration failure before attacking Tom, which caused all of the kids to run out of the room. She lost the fight and then divorced him. I didn't think she was going to give him another chance.

Tom then moved out, which would ordinarily be a problem because Claire doesn't have a job, but he's made quite a lot of money in the Entertainment career as a Headliner (I imagine him as a famous standup comedian) so the family should be fine for a while. The oldest child and daughter, Melanie, just so happened to leave for college on the same night that this mess went down, so we'll see how she copes with it. Her and her siblings all hate and are now enemies with Jasmine, including Austin. Tom has moved to a subhood called Castle Rock, where he lives in an upscale modern house high up in the mountains with no neighbors around. He and Jasmine are still in contact.

Overall, it was a pretty eventful rotation session for this family!
Forum Resident
#3469 Old 25th Jul 2018 at 10:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
Jane Stacks surprised me when she decided to try for a baby (and succeed) a few days before she became an elder. Her 4 children (3 adopted) are all either young adults or in their teens, so I wasn't expecting her to have any more children but I thought "sure why not"! She surprised me even more when she gave birth to QUADS! In my mind, she went through IVF and that's what resulted in quads, which to me makes sense - but it's more a problem of where are these kids going to go? and also... c'mon, she's about to become an elder... I'm thinking, being that she spent most of her adult years as the orphanage worker, she might give her quads up for open adoption but I have nothing set in stone yet. Either way, she gave birth to three girls (Kathy, Andrea and Winnie) and a boy (Dominic).

Maybe keep a girl and the boy and give the other two up for open adoption? That lets her have the experience of parenting both genders again, but nowhere as difficult as keeping them all :/
Mad Poster
#3470 Old 25th Jul 2018 at 12:14 PM
Sandy had her baby, a little boy. Cook, her husband, is unimpressed. In his mind,he and his sibs have a much bigger mission in life than raising a child he didn't want. They have to overthrow the Council. This has left Sandy a bit adrift. She's not big on motherly instincts, either, but she will at least nurse the baby. Otherwise, she just wanders around the mansion trying to find someone to really talk to her. A couple of the girls will chat or play with her, but they could do without her presence. They, too, have an important job to do. The entire family is centered on this important mission. Even if they really liked Sandy, they wouldn't have time for her.

That doesn't mean they aren't watching her moves, though. They have to guard against her learning much about them. This means they can't hold family meetings. Info has to be passed casually between just a couple of them while keeping a careful eye on her whereabouts. Cook did applaud her getting a job in the medical field, though. If she advances (not likely; she's not interested), she could be useful.

Cook is in 9th level of the business career. He is one step away from controlling ALL the business for the entire country. The only thing standing in his way is Jeff Moore. Wonder what will happen there.

Meanwhile, Talbot lost his position as general in the army after making some boneheaded move. He rebounded well securing a position with NCIS, not exactly the same thing, but military adjacent. Cook is hopeful Talbot will be able to pick up useful info in that position if he just keeps his ear to the ground. But Talbot can't get over the loss of his position. He's unhappy and dejected. He could be a wild card in their plan.

Meanwhile, the Council is none the wiser.

Next door to the Agents live the oblivious Snooty Patootys. They like their house, but are unhappy that their parents didn't give them enough cash to go with it. Their moms and dads tried to explain the difficulty of living within Council rules, but neither kid was willing to listen.

They pushed their lips out as far as they would go and both took low-level FBI jobs. They were thrilled with how easily they won the baby lottery (the Council is still trying to build up population after the war). Wonder how happy these two entitled idiots will be once the baby comes and they can't afford around-the-clock care for it.

Meanwhile, Cook has noticed they have FBI jobs. He's watching them for possible additions to his sedition.

Mad Poster
#3471 Old 25th Jul 2018 at 6:21 PM
I have the first teenage couple already going strong! Dave Walton and April Lloyd are madly in love with one another. They were spotted using Sarah & Terrell Bishop's hottub while they were visiting.

Oh, lord..I'm glad that I don't have Inteen installed because they'd be having babies before long. They're both not interested into going to college, and I'm pretty sure they're probably going to end up with one another when they hit adulthood.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#3472 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 8:13 PM
I KNOW there has to be some correlation between the size of a house/income available and the number of babies you get with the triplet/quads mod. I've just had two households in a row that had pleeenty of room and one baby. But the Mashugas, who have a cute little house with diagonal walls and NO place to put four baby beds have quads. Sigh...congrats to them, but I have a headache.

Mad Poster
#3473 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 8:16 PM
It seems to be the smaller the house, the more likely a couple is to try for baby with ACR.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Forum Resident
#3474 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 9:36 PM
I've set up a 'trailer trash' family in my wip hood - actually, I'm planning on sending the two children (teen + toddler) off to the care home. The mum works in... 'Entertainment'. Or I might change it to...ahem...'Dance'.
Forum Resident
#3475 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 6:01 AM
I've had four weddings. (Funeral is next )

Luis Martinez Jr and Candice Philippine

Juan Castillo Jr and Daniella Philippine

Sheng Li Wong and Emily Lee

Daniel Sharpe and Nyla Shaikh

Page 139 of 351