Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Nov 2014 at 12:02 PM
Default Meshing Bone Allignment Help!
Hey guys I am having a an issue or two with some custom models I am trying to make for the sims 3.

I am trying to make some models for an outfit but when I export my created model back into The Sims 3 Workshop it either it shows up but its not alligned on the body properly and it dosent move with the sim.

For creating my model I use 3ds max 2014, then I export it as OBJ and import it into milkshape and line it up with the sims body to where I want then I name the groups appropriately and then I export just the model I want into a WSO format then I import it into work shop and replace the current mesh,

What am I doing wrong any tips will help do i need to do any assigning of the bones in milkshape? if so how do i do that
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 9:08 AM
Hi,

Yes you must assign these bones in Milkshape as 3ds max can't do this for you. The bones are important for alignment and to not have invisible parts in game. To do this, export your mesh as .obj and import into Milkshape. In the tab labeled joints you will see a funny number something like 0X00000000 double click that number it represents your bone. Then go to your groups tab, double click your group 1 to select it, now you should have both the joint and the group selected, which will be represented in red. Now go to the joints tab and click assign. Now you need to export the mesh as a WSO format or you will lose the bone assignment. This is also possible to do in Workshop if you wish also, I find it a tedious myself lol. Let me know if you have more than one number listed, then I will explain a different process to assign those ones.

Cheers hoped this helped