Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 5:36 AM
Default Very Particular Dress Mesh Required
Greetings and Salutations one and all.

I am in search of a dress mesh that would work well for This Dress.
It is a two layers type deal with the top layer being gauzy/see-through sort of stuff. (Okay, right, I'm not a fashion person, deal with it. ;-)
I'm in the process of setting up a Toyland hood using d-dgjdhh's Monopoly hood. . Built both Clue board games as houses and a sim-sized recreation of the in-game doll house. Have my Marx knights in recreations of their castle, along with a couple GI Joes in a recreation of their outpost. So, I thought sticking my sister's barbies in there would work fine. Trying to recreate what I remembered she had. (and failing miserably). ANYWHO... I do remember she had this dress for her dolls.
If anyone could help a fellow out here by pointing me in the direction of an appropriate mesh, I would Greatly appreciate it.

Thank you very much.
HerrB
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 6:53 AM
What about the green dress here? http://www.all-about-style.com/themes_1950's2.html
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 3:07 AM Last edited by herr burgermeister : 3rd Jun 2021 at 6:26 AM.
Thank you, Charity. However, it is a particular mesh I'm looking for, and the neckline of that dress doesn't make the grade.

This dress is an early to mid '60s style, so if any of you fashion mavens out there know where I can find a mesh most suited to this particular dress, i would GREATLY appreciate the link.

Thank you!
Alchemist
#4 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 12:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by herr burgermeister

It is a two layers type deal with the top layer being gauzy/see-through sort of stuff. (Okay, right, I'm not a fashion person, deal with it. ;-)
I'm in the process of setting up a Toyland hood using d-dgjdhh's Monopoly hood. . Built both Clue board games as houses and a sim-sized recreation of the in-game doll house. Have my Marx knights in recreations of their castle, along with a couple GI Joes in a recreation of their outpost. So, I thought sticking my sister's barbies in there would work fine. Trying to recreate what I remembered she had. (and failing miserably). ANYWHO... I do remember she had this dress for her dolls.
If anyone could help a fellow out here by pointing me in the direction of an appropriate mesh, I would Greatly appreciate it.

Thank you very much.
HerrB

I don't have the answer, but this sounds so amazing. I hope you'll share!
Scholar
#5 Old 19th Mar 2018 at 10:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by herr burgermeister

Thank you very much.
HerrB

I figured I could check back and i'm wondering if you were able to find what you were looking for?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 19th Mar 2018 at 11:19 PM
The yellow Jackie dress on page 2 of the 1960's section with a collar and a ribbon around the waist added to it would look very much like that dress.
http://www.all-about-style.com/themes_1960's2.html perhaps if you check out the Creators Who take requests thread someone could alter the mesh. Only the TOU on AAS means you can't use it as a base if this is for upload unless you get permission to do so.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Jun 2021 at 6:24 AM Last edited by herr burgermeister : 3rd Jun 2021 at 7:43 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
The yellow Jackie dress on page 2 of the 1960's section with a collar and a ribbon around the waist added to it would look very much like that dress.
http://www.all-about-style.com/themes_1960's2.html perhaps if you check out the Creators Who take requests thread someone could alter the mesh. Only the TOU on AAS means you can't use it as a base if this is for upload unless you get permission to do so.

Yes, the Jackie Hyannisport with an added broad stand-up collar, a waist bowed sash and a gauzy top layer, it would be perfect. I'll have to look for that thread. Thank you, joandsarah77.

EDIT:
Okay, just attempted to post a request over at the S2 Creators request thread. And the link from the forum rules takes me to a message that the requests thread has been deleted by HL. So, looks like no dress.
Thank you, joandsarah77 for your assistance. Seems it was not meant to be. It happens.