Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 5:36 PM
@Spamaccount
I took a look through your package and .dll to see if I could sniff something out. Good news! Only a few things need changing, and you'll be good to go.

In your DreamAndPromisesNodes xml, you just need to add your username at the end of the wish name so that it matches its converted form in the .dll. So, "*See ghost of $n enemies" should be "*See ghost of $n enemies Spamaccount"

In the .dll, just three lines need to change:
  • In ParseDreamTreesSpamaccount:
    Code:
    DreamsAndPromisesManager.ParseDefaults();
    should be
    Code:
    Dictionary<string, XmlElement> instanceDefults = DreamsAndPromisesManager.ParseDefaults();

and
    Code:
    new ResourceKey(1388242823523682991uL, 53690476u, 0u);
    should be
    Code:
    DreamsAndPromisesManager.ParseDreamTreeByKey(new ResourceKey(1388242823523682991uL, 53690476u, 0u), instanceDefults, ref baseObject);

• In ParseNodePrimitivesFromXmlDbDataSpamaccount:
    Code:
    Type type2 = Type.GetType("Spamaccount.TS3.LastLaugh.Spamaccountltw1,Spamaccountltw1", false);
    should be
    Code:
    Type type2 = Type.GetType("Spamaccount.TS3.LastLaugh.Spamaccountltw1,Spamaccount.TS3.LastLaugh", false);

If you're not using UntranslatedKey from NRaas, the strings will probably be blank. Otherwise it'll appear in CAS and in game like so:
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 11th Sep 2017 at 6:00 AM
Wow. Thank you so much for your help! I'm still quite new to script modding, and I would have never tracked down those mistakes myself. After making the changes, the wish finally showed up! It was a little bit trickier than I was hoping to manipulate the new feedback function into what I wanted, but that eventually worked out too. All I need to do now is make the wish require more than one event to fulfill, add a few linked wishes, and it will be ready.
This is really intimidating stuff, and it's great that there's someone in the community that understands it! Thanks again.
Test Subject
#28 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 3:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Franzilla
Here you go! Sorry this took forever. My original file was smothered in extra stuff unrelated to custom careers, so I decided to make a heavily trimmed version. All the relevant stuff should still be in there.

I hope I'm attaching this correctly...

I just saw that you uploaded a custom LTW! I hope I can get mine to work.
Test Subject
#29 Old 23rd Sep 2017 at 3:39 PM
How did you make your Career GUID in the Level10DentistryFeedbackFunctionFranzilla? My custom career name within the other mod is "Nun" and the mod name is "CscorpiaNunCareerv2.0"
Test Subject
#30 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 7:22 AM
@cscorpia
The number for the GUID is the FNV64 hash of your custom career's GUID (the name you have in the <AltGuid> tags for your custom career) in decimal form.

I use a constant ulong in the current version of my LTW script, but you can also get the career GUID and assign it to an ulong with HashString:
Code:
ulong myCustomCareerGUID = ResourceUtils.HashString64("MyAltGuidNameHere"); 

(Fun fact: It's the same number you see if you lack the proper strings for joining your career!)

Good luck! I hope your LTW still going well! We could definitely use some more. :D
Test Subject
#31 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 7:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Franzilla
Whoops. I thought I'd replied to this ages ago... D:
cscorpia, the .dll differs a bit from the tutorial because the tutorial was based on an older version of the code. You'll have to look at the most recent version of DreamsAndPromises and make some adjustments to get it working! That's also why the one Velocitygrass made doesn't appear.

After nearly a year, I'm just now getting back to finishing up my custom career, but I can upload the LTW package if you're still interested.

Just a note: While I did get some dream trees working fine (Main LTW, ChildrenAndTeens, and Career w/o LTW), I never did get the linked wishes to work out properly. Thus, the related wishes that pop up won't have that special background~. I compensated by just making them worth a bit more than regular wishes. If someone else figures/has figured that out, please share!

A few pics of the custom LTW working in game with the career:

Hello, I wanted to congratulate you for your work Franzilla :lovestruc but I'm new and I wanted to ask your permission to change your wish to it you like with like for example of model, actress x and education careers that I use and if I can afford what lines should change is it you please . I wanted to thank you in advance Ayaba
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 3rd May 2020 at 12:19 AM
I know Nikel has probably moved on, but I want to add, just in case anyone else is ever taking a crack at this and having the same problem where the LTW infinitely pops up after completion: I was able to solve the issue by clearing out all my "Selected Traits" in the Dream Tree; and that was the only thing that permanently made the problem go away. I might try to look into it later and see if it's just a matter of the code not being able to handle a certain number of traits in that section, but in the end, it's such a minor feature that I don't think it's a major loss if you end up not using the trait preferences. You can still select the LTWs manually, after all.
Page 2 of 2