Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Sep 2013 at 2:20 AM
Default Funny Things the Weatherman Says
Quote:
I have the greatest job in the world. I can be completely wrong nearly all the time and never get fired. When I make a mistake, I can just shake my head and say, "What are ya gonna do? It's the weather!" How sweet is that?

I had that in my game once

What are some other funny things the weatherman says?
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 2nd Sep 2013 at 12:11 PM
I'll be honest, I've never really paid much attention to what the weatherman says. However, after reading that quote, I will have to take a listen...when I fire up the game later today.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Scholar
#3 Old 2nd Sep 2013 at 2:44 PM
Penelope, it's not something you listen to, it's something that pops up. It's been a while but I remember him saying that he used to play weatherman (as a superhero type), tells you to look out the window if you want to know the weather now, gets things wrong (I recall one time he said clear skies and it was tipping it down). One person's legacy I used to read they posted a ton of the things he said.
Scholar
#4 Old 2nd Sep 2013 at 2:55 PM
Usually, the first 2-3 messages on the Weather Channel on TV are predictions of the weather, to varying degrees of accuracy (unless the TV is situated outside, in which case the weatherman will be... ...less than informative). Leave the channel on long enough, and you get such gems as:

"Sorry I can't help you today. I'm at the pool."

"I've wanted to be a weather man my entire life. Sure other kids thought I was weird playing with my barometer during recess but I knew I was meant to affect people's lives."

"Why do they call us Meterologists? I have never predicted a meteor in my whole life! They're scary. If you see one, let me know, and I'll tell people. I'm on TV, you know."
Theorist
#5 Old 2nd Sep 2013 at 3:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Katya Stevens
Penelope, it's not something you listen to, it's something that pops up. It's been a while but I remember him saying that he used to play weatherman (as a superhero type), tells you to look out the window if you want to know the weather now, gets things wrong (I recall one time he said clear skies and it was tipping it down). One person's legacy I used to read they posted a ton of the things he said.

Ah, that explains it (silly of me to think otherwise...as they speak Simlish anyhow ). I'm big on ignoring and closing pop-ups quickly and the majority of my Sims don't watch the weather channel.

As an aside, will have to make sure that I stop posting on forums so early in the morning. Clearly I needed a cup a tea or something...to wake up.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Field Researcher
#6 Old 2nd Sep 2013 at 4:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Katya Stevens

I thought it was something we could hear too. I swear I remember hearing the weatherman’s voice. Apparently my imagination is so in depth that when I read the pop ups, I also hear his voice in my mind. He sounds like the guy who talks in the Bud Light Presents Real Men of Genius radio commercials. If you haven’t heard the commercials, you can find them on youtube. I always thought those commercials were funny. I think the reason I associate the voice of the man in that commercial with the weatherman in the Sims 2 is because the humor is similar.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 2nd Sep 2013 at 6:27 PM
I thought I remembered one where he complains about noone caring about the weather or something, but not sure exactly how it went.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 3rd Sep 2013 at 2:27 PM
I love the one about asking his mother for a penguin.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 5th Sep 2013 at 6:12 AM Last edited by grammapat : 7th Sep 2013 at 8:39 AM.
Now I gotta go listen to the weatherman. EA DOES have a sense of humor; like the college class discriptions, and some jobs, and buyable stuff. And at one time I was obsessed with really looking at things like; on one of the reward? things there is a piece of pizza, and what are they pulling out of the surgery dummy?, and what's in a basket of groceries. And what ARE they doing under the covers!!! Well I tried grabbing people out of bed to see what they looked like...don't do that, your eyes will be paralyzed.

OK: so I caught him saying: I had the worst nightmare last night. I was being chased by a penguin and he wanted to hit me with a fish.
AND: When I was a kid {mother made a super hero costume} I ran around my house shouting 'chance of showers 50%', I didn't have many friends.

There's also one about "go look outside"

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Banned
Original Poster
#10 Old 20th Oct 2013 at 12:52 AM
Hello. You have reached the Weather Station. We're not in right now, but if you leave a message after the beep...
Alchemist
#11 Old 20th Oct 2013 at 5:27 AM
Long time ago, I found the strings of the Weatherman's report. Apparently, some of the lines are unique to certain seasons, but that's just my guess. Here's my found from the string:

Just call me Nikel