Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 10:51 PM
Default Banished is awesome; here's a comical vid
Given the mood of the Sims 4 thread, I'd like to post it there, but here it shall go, instead.
Hope it cheers someone up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1m...ture=youtu.be&a
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 12:05 AM
Ha ha! Love that video. Poor Leotopia. lol

I looked into that game awhile back after someone mentioned it, then saw it on sale on Steam. I considered buying it, but decided to wait and pick it up later since I'd already bought some other games and thought I'd spent enough for now. But I will get that game one of these days - it really looks amazing. If you have anything you feel like sharing that won't spoil things for someone else, I'd be interested in reading it.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 3:39 AM
Hi, Tangie. Well, you can't really spoil anything, as it's a survival game where you don't fight enemies like dragons or troops, you just fight the elements. It is so beautifully relaxing, I couldn't believe it. I really like it. After the steep learning curve, that is. But that's okay, just keep trying and you learn. There are a few tips on youtube, as well. There are quite a few Let's Plays on youtube that are pretty interesting. Great game. :lovestruc
There are a million maps. You get to randomize the seed number. I have to restrain myself from starting a ton of games just to see what the layout will be.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#4 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 3:55 AM
I played Banished a lot when it first came out; but it didn't hold my interest. The only game that has ever done that is Sims2. Banished is a great game though; not sure if the modding capabilities are added yet, that might be fun.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Mad Poster
#5 Old 14th Jul 2014 at 11:42 PM
That was hysterical! I keep looking for new games and most of them don't appeal to me because I really don't like all the fighting and violence. This looks just right. Thanks for sharing the video.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 16th Jul 2014 at 5:37 AM
I loved that video and purchased Banished at a 50% discount shortly after seeing it. I now have built a town with over 50 adults and about a dozen children. My first few towns did not do very well because I did not build houses early and often enough so my town died of old age.

--Ocram

Always do your best.
Instructor
#7 Old 18th Jul 2014 at 10:17 PM
I was totally addicted to Banished, had built an amazing town (250+ adults) with everything anyone could possibly dream of. I decided to expand the town a bit further, and placed a market place, so that the people living in the outskirts would have access to food aswell. This bugged out my entire game, as people started dying before the market had started to fill up, and the village relocated their resources to the new area after everyone living there had died, leaving the town center with nothing to wear or eat.

So they died too.

Without enough workers, as the town had suffered great losses, everyone starved during a harsh winter.

And then I got mad at the game, quit and uninstalled.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#8 Old 18th Jul 2014 at 10:29 PM
Oh, no! You can't rage quit with Banished. It's there to try your patience.
Markets can make you stub your toe, that is true. Just keep on using barns just outside the market's area.
It is a total addiction, whatever you do.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#9 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 5:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AzemOcram
I loved that video and purchased Banished at a 50% discount shortly after seeing it. I now have built a town with over 50 adults and about a dozen children. My first few towns did not do very well because I did not build houses early and often enough so my town died of old age.

--Ocram

I hope you are still enjoying the game! It's really lovely. I've finally got a town with over 100 population.
Instructor
#10 Old 2nd Dec 2014 at 9:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by leefish
I played Banished a lot when it first came out; but it didn't hold my interest. The only game that has ever done that is Sims2. Banished is a great game though; not sure if the modding capabilities are added yet, that might be fun.

SO MODS are going pretty well now. Here is my favorite, it's a compilation of quite a few mods and adds quite a bit to the game.

Colonial Charter "Maple Harpoon" - [BlackLiquid]

http://banishedinfo.com/mods/view/6...rbo-BlackLiquid

and there's even a Wiki. http://colonialcharter.com/

Here's a look at the production Chain.

They call me The Seeker.
I've been searching low and high.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 4th Dec 2014 at 12:07 AM
Thank you, SimJymm, I downloaded that colonial mod yesterday and I have played Banished nearly nonstop since.

--Ocram

Always do your best.