Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 12:25 AM Last edited by Buzzler : 25th Jun 2015 at 6:27 AM. Reason: removed e-mail address
Default Modders Wanted!
Hello guys and girls. I am a frequent Sims player much like all of you. I am trying to put together a team of modders to create practical and useful mods for The Sims. I have many ideas for great mods to put together and i am open to hear yours. If you would like to join the team email me at {e-mail address removed by staff}. I am not a great modder which is why i would like to put together this team to put my ideas and all of your ideas into action. My goal is to make the most reputable team of modders the Sims has ever seen. If you are interested contact me with the email provided above or PM for additional contact information. Have a great day guys.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 3:39 AM
I currently do small scale mods and i'm teaching myself do get more in depth with mods.
#4 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 4:07 AM
There are many good modders here on Mod the Sims... and this is a complete website with plenty of links to tutorials and lots of great downloads.

So... why?
Instructor
#5 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 5:49 AM
But, we already have great modders and also practical and useful mods (along with a slew of totally fantabulous mods). This sounds like a pitch to me that I wouldn't attempt to try and catch, if I was a creator.

Maybe I'm getting the wrong vibe, I'm sure it's happened before.
1978 gallons of pancake batter
#6 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 6:37 AM
Moved to Modding Discussion. I guess that's the most fitting section.

As to the topic... well. There is no rule against searching for modding allies, but there doesn't seem to be much point, sorry. Please don't get this the wrong way, but you have to bring something into the team as well. You know, the old "prove your worth" thing. Also modding in teams is very much like cat herding. Painful, tiresome, painful, unnerving, painful, time-wasting, painful and in most cases ultimately pointless. Also painful. I've teamed up for projects with other modders a couple times and all the projects failed in the end. So, um, yay for teamwork! :P

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Instructor
#7 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 8:40 AM
Uhm, well, I'm not saying your ideas aren't great (I don't even know what they are), but having YOU organize a team for YOUR ideas seems more like a request in another form. After all I believe even modders have more ideas than actual, successful products and modders (including me) hope to actualize their own ones first, I suppose. In fact I have heard of more ideas than mods. Often in modding discussion request-like posts appear with all sorts of ideas, and after I told the posters the harsh reality of modding, they never replied.

Sorry for ranting (if I did do it by accident).