Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

Improved Lighting (V7 1.19 patch)

SCREENSHOTS
Downloads 2,915 Thanks  Thanks Favourited 365,395 Views
Uploaded: 8th Sep 2014 at 4:33 PM
Updated: 4th Jun 2016 at 10:10 PM - Updated for 1.19 patch
This mod is updated to V7 for the 1.19 patch.

The V6 mod is available for the 1.15.55 update.

The V5 mod for the December 16th patch reduces the extra brightness/glow/bloom which appeared with this patch, so the lighting is approximately the same as before this patch with my mod installed. The issue with the darker rugs doesn't exist anymore, rugs are the normal EA rugs when using this mod now.

The V4 version removes this issue with black walls when the lights are off, and the issue with extreme brightness on walls beside a window when the lights are off (when the walls weren't black instead). The BradyBunchBlue extra blue color in the light is reduced drastically (lower than EA has done in the newest patch); in my game at least, white furniture indoors is white. This BBBlue in the light has nothing to do with RGB values in the color of clothing or furniture or anywhere else. The blue sky is a bit less extreme blue, as when using desaturation on a color.

This mod improves the lighting primarily indoors, and alters outdoor lighting a bit also. Indoors will be brighter than the default overall and Ambient light is spread throughout so walls will not be as dark and sims facing away from the light source will not be as dark.

Sunlight entering through windows is greater than the default. Also the SS Ambient Occlusion is increased such that objects everywhere have a little more contrast and/or depth; the washed-out look of the entire game graphics is reduced a bit.

In the screenshot below, the Library has the original lights, none are added by me, and the slider intensity is set at the highest. If you require a brighter room than this, edit the lot through Manage Worlds and add a couple extra lamps.

This mod uses two DATA files named Renderer Global Light Settings and Renderer Global Ssao Settings, and the 2 XML files of the same name. Cannot be used together with the Indoor Lights Brighter mod as my mod uses the same DATA file.

Install this by unzipping the file somewhere, and moving the .package file into the Mods folder (or a subfolder). With the Oct.1st Update, the business with the unpackedmod folder and altered Resource.cfg file isn't necessary anymore, as XML can be read inside a .package file as normal.

Additional Credits:
Created with the use of s4pe by Kuree and Sims4Group, and the Data File Tool and XML Extractor by velocitygrass.
And also the XML Extractor by scumbumbo.