Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#326 Old 25th Jun 2016 at 6:16 PM
Dear Maxon, I wish to suggest sharing the solution; in a separate thread perhaps, to give new players the choice to try to solve the mystery on their own.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#327 Old 29th Jun 2016 at 11:04 PM
Thought I would pop in here to share an update on my version of Polgannon. I wish to be careful to not give away who it is that killed Blaise. An arrest will soon be made in my game and I am working out how to continue to share updates without "letting the cat out of the bag.'

Some of the latest goings on...

Nowadays the manor house at Polgannon echoes with memories. Elderly Caroline. wife of the late Carrow Penhaligan, has now passed on leaving her adult son, James, and his elderly aunt Verity Penhaligan to manage the family estate.

Caroline left 9,700 to her son James. 1,000 to her sister-in-law Verity, 9,700 to daughter Margaret and 820 to Oliver (child of her late father-in-law's second marriage. His mother, Blaise's widow. Adele is now married to Richard Carlwyn. They have twin sons, Richard and Alfred. Penelope Morgan is their live in help)

Margaret had recently left the manor house to live with her beloved nanny, Miss Nelly Spiffy.

Nelly had come to work when Margaret was an infant and shortly prior to the passing of Margaret's father. Nelly (Miss Spiffy) served the family as a live in nanny and housekeeper. It was Nelly who raised and gave much needed attention to odd little Margaret who was early on diagnosed as 'mentally slow'.

With Caroline's passing both James and Verity are much relieved to have been relieved of needing to look after Margaret.

Some good while preceding Caroline's death James and Nelly had fallen in love and, aware of that Caroline would work to put a stop to this, the couple met secretly. Sadly Caroline found them out via the ever active village grapevine. Caroline who had, since her husband's passing, cultivated a strong hold on her son determined that he would carry on the family name and line in a proper and prosperous manner. Because James still wished to be more like his grandfather. Blaize, it was not difficult for his manipulative mother to help him to see that marrying Nelly was not in his future best interest. After all, Nelly is a few years older and will be an elder while James is yet a viral adult male. That, and, Nelly is rock bottom common being a foundling raised in a children's home. No, despite James affection for Nelly, he needed to accept responsibility however much it might pain him.

Nelly, having much affection for Margaret, gladly accepted the responsibility. Caroline deposited sufficient funds into a bank account insuring that her daughter's needs would be easily met and was greatly relieved to see the back of both the girl and her nanny.

When Nelly left she took a secret with her. She is carrying Jame's child.

*Over to Lanscumbe:

Cadoc Morgan, being unable to turn a profit, sold Moonraker's in at a loss. That and the fact that there was reason to believe that his illegal arrangement with Jory Boscowan to supply the pub with liquor was in real danger of being found out. Cadoc was able to scrape up enough for a down payment on one of the comfy homes in the new housing estate at Lanscumbe. He, Mellyn and daughter Evelynn are now neighbors to Richard and Adele Carlyon.

Cadoc's daughter, prior to working for the Carlyon's had served as a live in maid at Polgarth Manor where she "got herself into trouble". Her baby was placed for adoption.

*At Carhalwyn:

Cedric Chesney is basking in his role as new Vicar to St. James Church.

*And at Haldu where the prison and prison farm are located:

In a small isolated tumble down cottage we find a newly formed gang of thieves who call themselves The Moonraker's. Membership includes Jory Boscowan, Seth Nancarrow ( one of Blaise Penahligan's illegitimate off-spring), and brothers Padern and Kestern Kestle.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#328 Old 29th Jun 2016 at 11:09 PM
Goodness gracious me ...

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Inventor
#329 Old 5th Jul 2016 at 8:04 AM Last edited by music2ologist : 5th Jul 2016 at 8:14 AM.
Things are going badly in Polgannon.

I visited the cottage of Cadoc Morgan, the publican, because his wife's behaviour had shocked me. It was while Abbie Cardew was swimming in the haven that I saw, in the background, the heavily pregnant Mellyn Morgan sliding into the photo booth with Alan Trelawney, and making it shake. I had no idea they were romantically involved! When I visited her home, I found it crowded with casual visitors: Arthur Hammet, Richard Carlyon, Carrow the landlord, Gwen Jago, a total stranger called Gina - all were in and out all the time, watching the television, playing on the computer, using the bathroom, quarrelling. Mellyn used the time while her husband was at work to seduce Arthur the pharmacist. Richard was an awful nuisance. He kept picking fights, and having tremendous dust-ups in the lounge. Three times Mellyn asked him to leave, and each time he just walked round the corner, then came back in again. Finally, I lost patience with him. I visited his house, and found to my surprise that he was sick with 'flu. I had not noticed that one of his enemies must have kicked over his bin, and Richard must have gone stomping while I wasn't watching. Or maybe he ate some green-fuming food. Anyway, finding him totally unlovely, I watched him die of disease. His gravestone disappeared.

Back in Mellyn's cottage, I wanted her to deliver her twins, because her romantic shenanigans looked so comic while heavily pregnant. The moment came when Cadoc was out at work, and something went wrong. Instead of catching the first baby in her arms and putting it down to receive the second, she threw her arms behind her, and the first baby got stuck to her back. The second just did not appear. The boy, Gryffyn, got well treated, cuddled and fed. The girl, Moroven, had her portrait in the family side panel, but was nowhere to be found. I searched every inch of the property, and all the pavements and common areas. No baby. Her portrait gradually became redder, but no warnings came of impending social workers, so I'm regarding that as a stillbirth. Gryffyn has grown into a pretty toddler, and Moroven's portrait is still a grim reminder.

That was not the only glitch in this lot. There is a blue computer stuck to the telescope. Every day after school Tamara hurtles up the stairs waving her A+ report, stops at the top of the stairs, and the report disappears. Whoever Tamara expects to cheer, there is no-one there. Also there is no homework, so her A+ can never be damaged. This is a weird lot!

My next visit was to Adele's mansion, in an effort to find out what was making Abbie so miserable. In her memory the seduction by Blaise was marked in red, so it looks like a rape. Then his marriage to Adele was also marked in red, as though Abbie had subsequently hoped he might marry herself. Since Tamara now appears to be about eight years old, that grief should have faded by now. So what charm is Abbie ordering from the witch? A zombification spell? My questions remained unanswered, but I stayed to watch Adele get fat. That distressed her more than the death of her husband. The only person she wants resurrected is Richard Carlyon.

Meanwhile a newcomer, teenaged Pedar Grenville, has kicked over one too many bins. He is now penned in a corner of Adele's garden, under the willow tree. He is an unpleasant boy, and I may allow him to die there. And the total stranger, Gina, infesting Mellyn's cottage? She suddenly became a vampire, and had to hide from the daylight. Since I have notownieregen, she ought not to be replaced. Polgannon is thinning out.
Inventor
#330 Old 8th Jul 2016 at 4:11 PM
The Grenville family did not last long. It was not just the newspaper-stealing, bin-kicking teenager who was obnoxious - they all were. I tried to love them, but they tried my patience. After a day or two, a rain of fire hurtled down on their wooden verandah. They all ran outside to dance in the flames, one by one sinking down into them, till only the little girl was left. The social worker pulled up, and the little girl walked soberly to her van. Perhaps some day a kindly sim will adopt her, and encourage her into niceness.

So that left their splendid house empty. At Cornish University, Verity Penhaligan was coming up to graduation. She had a rotten start in life: her mother died; her father married a totally self-centred woman; her father died; her brother bullied her. No wonder the girl was desperate for love! She threw herself at anything in trousers, but had little success in making friends. She was far too damaged emotionally to be candid with lovers. Her childhood sweetheart, Jowan, did much better. Though it took him longer to qualify for university, so he started later, he made friends fast, joined the secret society and pulled ahead in his studies. He actually graduated before Verity, and promised to wait for her. She rolled a want to throw a graduation party, but with Jowan gone she had no other friends. She invited two people, and only one of them turned up. Despite having a bubble blower and a beer keg, the party was a dismal affair, and Verity gave up on it before time was up. When the taxi arrived, nobody waved her goodbye.

She arrived at the taxi rank where Jowan was waiting for her. They pooled their resources, and bought the Grenvilles' old house. They needed to get in the maid, the gardener and the exterminator before the house was fit for occupancy. Though Verity had no friends, Jowan had twelve, so they were able to get jobs at quite high salaries: Verity as a Grade 5 dancer, and Jowan as a Grade 4 gamer. They converted two upstairs rooms into another bathroom and a practice room for Verity, with a ballet bar, a large mirror, and a piano. Though they have three lightning bars of affection for each other, they are both intent on having lots of love affairs. There will be no intentional babies in this household.
Inventor
#331 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 3:50 PM
The problem of Seth Nancarrow having to share a bed with his mother, Rozen, was easily solved: his best friend, Jory Boscowan, invited him to move in. There was only one bed in his cottage behind the Green, but the intention was that Rozen should then invite her devoted Jory to move in with her, thus leaving Seth in sole possession of a cottage and double bed.

Before that, I felt obliged to visit the policeman's cottage. Abbie's illegitimate daughter, Tamara, had gone to college, and was missing her best friend, Tegan; but Tegan still had five days to go before becoming a teenager. So I set about playing the Warne household, but things soon got out of hand. It was the fault of Breoc and Nessa, breeding like rabbits in that tiny cottage. Nessa was just too tired to do anything other than look after her pregnancy; well, almost. As soon as Breoc had gone to work and Tegan to school, Seth stepped in; he and Nessa had energetic tumblings on the living room sofa. Nessa staggered off to bed, just as Karenza Tremaine come in through the door. In these cottages the doors are never locked, and neighbours come and go as they like. It seemed that Seth considered himself still a neighbour, though his new cottage was half a mile away. Not to waste a good sofa, he turned his charms on Karenza, and there were more energetic tumblings.

The doorbell rang, and Nessa dragged herself out of bed to answer it. The landlord, Carrow, was complaining about a smell. Nessa had not the energy to clear away the breakfast things, and they were giving off green fumes. With her energy almost totally gone, she dragged back to bed; but the landlord immediately rang again to complain about the smell. This went on - bed, ring, bed, ring - until Tegan came home at three o'clock and cleared up the breakfast things. Seth was complaining about feeling tired, as well he might, and at last passed out on the front lawn. Not to be outdone, Nessa also passed out on the front lawn, and for a while there was standing room only on the front lawn, as Tegan and Karenza and Rozen were all inspecting the bodies. In another minute, however, Nessa stood up to give birth to her third daughter, just as Breoc returned from work with a promotion. Karenza congratulated Breoc with a kiss, whereupon Nessa slapped him, and lurched off to bed. Karenza and Breoc made good use of the well-worn sofa, and it seemed nobody was interested in the new baby, lying beside Seth on the lawn.

In the end I had to stop sitting back open-mouthed, and instruct Breoc to pick up the baby. The new crib had to go in the parents' bedroom - there was no other space. They will have to suffer sleepless nights, like other new parents.

Can I stand four more days of this?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#332 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 4:09 PM
They get around these sims of yours don't they?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Inventor
#333 Old 14th Jul 2016 at 7:23 AM
Great rejoicings - the lost baby is found! Mellyn Morgan had given birth to twins, but the girl could not be found. I agonised over that baby, getting more and more desperate, wherever she was. Her scarlet portrait was a constant reproach, and I tried everything - using the simblender to make her selectable, using the batbox to force errors on practically everything, all to no avail. At last, while her twin brother was piling up the charisma skills, I set his mother to cleaning up the bathroom. Clean the loo, clean the shower, clean the - bathe Moroven? What! Yes, that one, please!

I followed Mellyn out of the cottage, down the street and into Arthur Hammett's blacked out cottage, which now lit up. And there was Moroven, lying on the living room carpet. No wonder I couldn't find her! Mellyn picked her up, and the baby instantly transitioned to toddler. She is now back in the heart of her family, and I can stop worrying.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#334 Old 14th Jul 2016 at 5:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by music2ologist
I followed Mellyn out of the cottage, down the street and into Arthur Hammett's blacked out cottage, which now lit up. And there was Moroven, lying on the living room carpet. No wonder I couldn't find her! Mellyn picked her up, and the baby instantly transitioned to toddler. She is now back in the heart of her family, and I can stop worrying.

That's weird - one thing I have discovered about sharing inhabited neighbourhoods is that sometimes transferring the neighbourhood between games can cause odd problems with apartment lots. It doesn't happen with everyone but there have been some weird things happen to a small number of users (2-3 I've been told about including you). I think it must depend on the exact combination of your game set up and mods/hacks present. It was a topic discussed on Moo's neighbourhood creation thread - apartments can cause issues. Well, at least you found her. It sounded odd to me that she'd completely disappeared. That almost never happens with this game. Good detective work.

Scholar
#335 Old 14th Jul 2016 at 6:27 PM
Great rejoicings - the lost baby is found! Mellyn Morgan had given birth to twins, but the girl could not be found. I agonised over that baby, getting more and more desperate, wherever she was. Her scarlet portrait was a constant reproach, and I tried everything - using the simblender to make her selectable, using the batbox to force errors on practically everything, all to no avail. At last, while her twin brother was piling up the charisma skills, I set his mother to cleaning up the bathroom. Clean the loo, clean the shower, clean the - bathe Moroven? What! Yes, that one, please!

In my game, Arthur Hammett wanted to have another child, in yours - he stole someone else's kid! Criminal tendencies, who knew Arthur had it in him. Jory with his smuggling is a fluffy kitten compared to Arthur. (if I had it happening in my game, man would I make an awesome story out of it )
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#336 Old 14th Jul 2016 at 10:28 PM
Ah well Arthur, looks cute but ....

Inventor
#337 Old 17th Jul 2016 at 10:07 AM
I found out why the beautiful and well-born Griselda accepted the hand of an elderly vicar. Griselda, sloppy in manners and morals, is a girl who just can't say no. Her husband's sex-mad curate, Cedric, had no trouble at all in getting her into his bed, even though she was so very pregnant. I left them kicking the bedclothes around, and visited the vicarage to see about that pregnancy.

It was Sunday, and Griselda was stuffing in the cereal. Leonard took his son Theodore down to the haven for a morning swim, since it was a warm September day. Theodore swam up and down enthusiastically, gaining a body point, and then a creativity point for building a sandcastle. His father greeted parishioners, took a five-minute dip, then lay down to sunbathe. While he was getting sunburnt, Theodore was taking a goofy picture of himself in the photo booth. I woke up Leonard, and they went home for a late breakfast.

Theodore was still good to go, and wanted to gain a charisma point, so it was Griselda's turn to take him out, to the golf club. She could not keep up with her appetite, so was seated at the counter eating salmon while Theodore practised his swings. Then she struggled home in time to give birth to her second son, Edwin. Leonard was strangely uninterested in the newborn, perhaps doubting his paternity. Since he and Theodore share a love of nature, they went out for a hike. Griselda saw to the infant, and then decided she'd had enough domesticity. Looking online, she found a job as a journalist, starting work the very next day. With a baby to care for, Leonard's days are going to be very full.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#338 Old 17th Jul 2016 at 2:02 PM
I can see Len's cheekbones glowing from here.

Inventor
#339 Old 23rd Jul 2016 at 12:12 PM
I regret some of the things I did in Polgannon. Perhaps I should not have killed Adele's lover, or turned an annoying townie into a vampire. That was mean. Though it means losing Lanscumbe, and Cornish University, and all its successful students, I determined to start afresh. Oh, but Jowan had grown into such a handsome man! Anyway, I crunched down on it, deleted Polgannon, and slipped a new version into my Neighborhoods folder. There, it's done.

Some things are different.

Shorts with blue court shoes, Nessa? I could not find her original striped apron and red trousers in the catalogue, but there were six other versions of the style, so now the policeman's wife is wearing a red apron and black trousers. I can live with that. I've started yet another hunt for the murder weapon, but I have no great hopes, since I hunted so thoroughly last time. Perhaps my evidence sheet will fill out, and make the culprit obvious.
Inventor
#340 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 11:17 AM
I had to delete the tables and chairs in the pub garden. It happened like this.

Seth Nancarrow met Chesten Clesek in the High Street, and asked her for a date. Both wanted to dine out, so they stepped into the Zenner restaurant on the first floor. (Sorry - if you're American, that's the second floor.) They asked to be seated. Though they were only two feet away from an empty table, the host led them down the stairs, across the street, behind the pub, and waved them to a table there. They contemplated their menus, cracked jokes, toasted each other, and, after a very long time, the waiter turned up to take their order. He then walked back across the road, and took a geological age to fetch what should surely have been stone cold meals. I was mad with frustration, but Seth played it cool. Before Chesten had finished her nectarine tartlet, the date had run out of time, and so ended with a peck on the cheek. Seth was disappointed, and I was furious.

It will not happen again. The tables and chairs have been replaced by a swing and roundabout, and a few benches. I hope they will get used.

This is actually my third go at the neighborhood, since I made the same mistake in the first two. Playing the witch's house, I could not centre on Seth. He was not at work, yet I could not see him anywhere. I thought the lot must be glitched, but at last I hit on the idea of getting Rozen to call him to dinner, and he popped out of the blacked-out cottage next door. It was the same problem I had before, when one of Mellyn's babies somehow landed in the next cottage. I really must watch out for that!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#341 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 8:17 PM
I had to delete the tables and chairs in the pub garden. It happened like this.

Seth Nancarrow met Chesten Clesek in the High Street, and asked her for a date. Both wanted to dine out, so they stepped into the Zenner restaurant on the first floor. (Sorry - if you're American, that's the second floor.) They asked to be seated. Though they were only two feet away from an empty table, the host led them down the stairs, across the street, behind the pub, and waved them to a table there.

Well, that's bloody annoying - I've never seen that, perhaps it was because the tables actually in the restaurant were already occupied. There are tables and chairs outside the cafe too. Routing in this game can drive you up the wall sometimes.

Field Researcher
#342 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 4:25 PM
I don´t play this neighborhood yet, but when I saw the firm of maxon, I saw the "Polgannon Extra Families" thing, so I get the three families, I make a neighborhood with recreates from the Maxi families, but only the ones that I like, so right now the Kestles are living in Bluewater Village along with the Edgcumbes, the Grenvilles are living in the main hood that is "Old Town" map... because of the language thing, I needed to change the names of all the sims, but till now I love this families, but my favourite of the 3 is the Edgcumbes, poor grandmother, I take the 3 of them to the Beauty Salon owned by the Kim Family Father, and the grandmother get a horrible makeover, that I cannot change, I will get a picture of that xD
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#343 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 4:57 PM
Sounds great. I mustn't have done the language fix on those families - sorry.

Field Researcher
#344 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 5:48 PM
No problem at all, I made great names for them!
Inventor
#345 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 8:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by srtv
I don´t play this neighborhood yet, but when I saw the firm of maxon, I saw the "Polgannon Extra Families" thing, so I get the three families, I make a neighborhood with recreates from the Maxi families, but only the ones that I like, so right now the Kestles are living in Bluewater Village along with the Edgcumbes, the Grenvilles are living in the main hood that is "Old Town" map... because of the language thing, I needed to change the names of all the sims, but till now I love this families, but my favourite of the 3 is the Edgcumbes, poor grandmother, I take the 3 of them to the Beauty Salon owned by the Kim Family Father, and the grandmother get a horrible makeover, that I cannot change, I will get a picture of that xD

Good luck with the Grenvilles! I hated them, and destroyed them in a rain of fire.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#346 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 11:20 PM
*Gasp!*

Forum Resident
#347 Old 26th Jul 2016 at 7:14 PM
Good luck with the Grenvilles! I hated them, and destroyed them in a rain of fire.

Oh my, how dreadful :-( I added both bonus households and they've become interesting additions to the goings on in the community :-)
Field Researcher
#348 Old 26th Jul 2016 at 7:58 PM

Yesterday I play with them a little bit, only to makeover all of them, and I gave to them a special and stranger house, they are going to be villains on my hood..., so right now they are ok and safe...

And the Kestle, love them, they also get a great makeover, except for the lady, because I love her look, she wants to have woohoo with 3 sims, so poor husband...
Inventor
#349 Old 27th Jul 2016 at 5:03 AM
Yesterday I spent with Cedric Chesney, the fat curate. Obesity is a widespread problem in Polgannon, probably because swimming in the bay is only possible in the warmest months. After breakfast Cedric waddled down there, nursing a wish to sunbathe, but I insisted he get in the water.

While he was reluctantly battling the breakers, from up the beach I heard a 'Boyyyng!' - the sim signal of dying love. The camera travelled up to the beach huts, where seven sims were crowded into the amusement arcade. Among them I saw Caroline, and her husband Carrow, and his friend Davyth. Hastily I brought Cedric out of the waves, in an effort to spread the pain. Even while he was toiling up through the soft sand, Carrow and Davyth were publicly embracing before Caroline's distraught eyes. Cedric finally arrived, and engaged her in conversation. He was just embarking on a longish joke when the nearby photo booth began to shake. Caroline spun round and threw a most frightening tantrum, stamping and screaming. She is a muscular athlete, and Cedric is a marshmallow, so he stood well clear. When the phone booth had stopped shaking, he invited her to hang out, and they sat on the floor in the amusement arcade, so the guilty couple had to walk between them to reach the pinball machines. Cedric kept up his curate's work of soothing the troubled breast, until the lovely Caroline became his friend. Then he went home for a nap.

At home things were in a bad way. After replacing missing carpets and wallpapers in his humble cottage, there was about $125 left, and the rent of about $2,125 was due in three days. In Cedric's fear panel there was a horror of being late with the rent, and he had no source of income. His interests included nine out of ten for the supernatural, so online he found a job as a psychic phone pal. Then he phoned Caroline, and invited her over. He told himself it was his clerical duty to advise her, but this romance sim was harbouring an urgent desire for woohoo with twenty sims. Caroline arrived in a storm of doubt and self-reproach, and was an absolute push-over. Cedric fulfilled his wish for a First Kiss, and a Flirt, and a Make-Out, and then Woohoo. Just as the bedclothes stopped heaving, the pool car slid up to take him off to his work as a psychic phone pal. The day ended well, with a promotion, and the end of his money worries. Tomorrow to the gym in Lanscumbe, and some attack on that wobbling fat!
Field Researcher
#350 Old 27th Jul 2016 at 6:02 AM
This was the makeover on the Bluewater Salon to the Grandmother of the Edgcumbes... I don't know how much time the effect last...

Page 14 of 16