Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#19276 Old 30th May 2019 at 11:02 PM
@TheDraizeTrain

I built that apartment lot a very long time ago. I would have to take a look at it in game to see if I can figure what is happening to it. I will try to find time to test it over the weekend for you and figure it out. Glad you liked it though

@CaliBrat Thank you for summoning me

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#19277 Old 31st May 2019 at 12:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Karen Lorraine
@TheDraizeTrain

I built that apartment lot a very long time ago. I would have to take a look at it in game to see if I can figure what is happening to it. I will try to find time to test it over the weekend for you and figure it out. Glad you liked it though

@CaliBrat Thank you for summoning me

I put in lots of energy in today trying to figure it out because I like it so much! lol. Appreciate you having a look, as well. I may just use as it is; like I said I just wanted to make small edits anyway.

Also thanks @CaliBrat for the idea, and the summoning bit!
Lab Assistant
#19278 Old 31st May 2019 at 4:44 AM
Is there an object similar to NPC and Townie Maker or Argon's Townie Brick to generate NPCs? The NPC maker doesn't seem to be able to generate some types, like servers.
Mad Poster
#19279 Old 31st May 2019 at 6:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HobbesED
It's a mystery to me as well.
For me, it installed a folder with just one xml file at C:\Users\HomeUser\Documents\EA Games\Simmergirl.
And the desktop shortcut it created is an application type I haven't seen before... "C:\Users\HomeUser\Desktop\Sims Explorer.appref-ms" which indicates under properties that it is a "ClickOnce Application Reference". I've searched high and low on my computer for an exe file or something for it but haven't discovered one. So I'm at a loss as to how it actually runs although I haven't tried investigating what an .appref-ms file extension is.

EDIT: So your question spurred me to do a quick search. appref-ms files are apparently used by an obscure Microsoft product called ClickOnce which might be Win7 unique. A couple of links I found.
https://www.solvusoft.com/en/file-e...sion-appref-ms/
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/vi...ew?view=vs-2015

It looks way too complicated for me... LOL. I found where SimsExplorer is installed for me by running it, then starting Task Manager, finding the SimsExplorer process, right clicking on it and then selecting "Open File Location". It installed in C:\Users\HomeUser\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\ and then some seemingly random number and letter location.

I downloaded it on Windows 10 and it seems to work just fine. The only potential problem I found was the same as the HCDU; it doesn't recognise the UC, so anything you want to scan you need to put in a separate folder just labelled Sims 2.
Mad Poster
#19280 Old 31st May 2019 at 2:32 PM
Thought there was a thread about construction issues; sorry, I can't find it.
This is the O'Mackey house, how did they set those windows on what LOOKS like the "wall" created by a roof?
Screenshots

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Forum Resident
#19281 Old 31st May 2019 at 2:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I downloaded it on Windows 10 and it seems to work just fine. The only potential problem I found was the same as the HCDU; it doesn't recognise the UC, so anything you want to scan you need to put in a separate folder just labelled Sims 2.

In the Tools, Settings, Common Settings tab you can set the Sims data directory to the Sims UC path (or any other path you'd like it to run against).

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Undead Molten Llama
#19282 Old 31st May 2019 at 3:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Thought there was a thread about construction issues; sorry, I can't find it.
This is the O'Mackey house, how did they set those windows on what LOOKS like the "wall" created by a roof?

What you do is increase the roof pitch to a ridiculous amount, place the windows, then reset the roof pitch back down to a reasonable amount.

You will likely need to use the individualroofslopeangle cheat to do this rather than the roof pitch tool that came with M&G. That tool is limited to a roof pitch of....I think it's 52 degrees...and that probably won't be enough. With the cheat, you can set roof pitches up to 75 degrees, which is more what you'll need to get a big window like that on a roof wall. If you don't know how to use the cheat, here's instructions. I think the cheat came with Pets, so you might need to have that installed to use the cheat; I don't know if it was carried forward with later EPs.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Alchemist
#19283 Old 2nd Jun 2019 at 1:43 AM
I'd never done a cook off before - my food judge keeps sneezing. Is that normal? A joke?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#19284 Old 2nd Jun 2019 at 2:41 AM
I do cooking contests sometimes and haven't seen that. Perhaps she has bad allergies.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#19285 Old 2nd Jun 2019 at 4:58 AM
Do you have Seasons and is it Spring? Sims tend to have spring allergies. I just had a Sim do a cooking contest in Spring and the judge didn't sneeze but I have TwoJeffs No Allergies mod ( http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=13.0 )
Alchemist
#19286 Old 2nd Jun 2019 at 5:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
Do you have Seasons and is it Spring? Sims tend to have spring allergies. I just had a Sim do a cooking contest in Spring and the judge didn't sneeze but I have TwoJeffs No Allergies mod ( http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=13.0 )

I think it is spring there, yes. I've never seen that before (I don't really rotate seasons. I make one hood stay all one season all the time. I guess Desiderata is going to be sneezing.) It's pretty funny that he's sneezing all over the food. I just wish he'd stop pacing the floor. After a while I replaced the hard flooring under him with carpet, just to stop the stomping about noises.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#19287 Old 2nd Jun 2019 at 8:14 AM
Does any mod have the option to purchase magazines? The ones that increase a sims interests? I checked on both Monique's computer and the Sim manipulator and neither have that option. I will use Boolprop if I have to but I would prefer the sim to read something. This is a new hood with no magazine rack and I would rather not make one just for this.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#19288 Old 2nd Jun 2019 at 7:30 PM
Wasn't sure if I should post this here or in WCIF since I'm not sure if a mod like this exists. Readin the "What'd ya discover thread" it made me think of it...

So in the other thread they're talkin 'bout public woohoo. Was there ever a mod created that'd stop the cheer section? Or at least cut it down to anyone within a 2 tile radius? This is as bad as a sim bein in another part of the lot and seein their (insert romantic relationship status here) doin a romantic interaction with someone else.
Alchemist
#19289 Old 2nd Jun 2019 at 10:39 PM
You know how for some objects you can put two in the same space and it still works fine. Like two tables or bookcases... Well, I was wondering if I could put two basketball hoops in the same space - hoping it would look like at least 4 sims are playing, but it didn't work. It was like they couldn't reach it, but they didn't complain, they just gave up trying. Any idea if it could work with some adjustment?
Top Secret Researcher
#19290 Old 3rd Jun 2019 at 3:00 AM
Try placing the basketball hoop on an OMSP.

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#19291 Old 3rd Jun 2019 at 3:06 AM
You can't, it's a huge footprint and OMSP's only take one tile items. OMSP's for larger items, even 2 tiles, would be great.

~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#19292 Old 3rd Jun 2019 at 3:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Does any mod have the option to purchase magazines? The ones that increase a sims interests? I checked on both Monique's computer and the Sim manipulator and neither have that option. I will use Boolprop if I have to but I would prefer the sim to read something. This is a new hood with no magazine rack and I would rather not make one just for this.

Try using a mod that enables community lot objects on residential lots. Place a magazine rack and then buy from it. If it doesn't work, try the allmenus cheat.

Top Secret Researcher
#19293 Old 3rd Jun 2019 at 3:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
You can't, it's a huge footprint and OMSP's only take one tile items. OMSP's for larger items, even 2 tiles, would be great.

Yeah I suspected that... but then I'm out of ideas lol.

Alchemist
#19294 Old 3rd Jun 2019 at 11:46 AM
Is there a mod, or a usercheat that sticks, that hides the skilling bar? I ask because mine has disappeared in one of my games, and I don't remember if maybe I just hid it somehow, maybe for pictures?
Mad Poster
#19295 Old 3rd Jun 2019 at 12:56 PM
Possibly the "showheadlines on/off" cheat. It does hide speech/thought bubbles, but not entirely sure if it hides skill bars.

This one may be in the "doesn't work in Userstartup" category, because I've put it as an alias. I probably would have put it in the Userstartup if I could.

Could be a mod, though I can't think of any.
Alchemist
#19296 Old 3rd Jun 2019 at 3:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Possibly the "showheadlines on/off" cheat. It does hide speech/thought bubbles, but not entirely sure if it hides skill bars.

This one may be in the "doesn't work in Userstartup" category, because I've put it as an alias. I probably would have put it in the Userstartup if I could.

Could be a mod, though I can't think of any.

It doesn't seem to be that. Their speech bubbles are fine, and it's the entire game, but not my other game folders.
Field Researcher
#19297 Old 3rd Jun 2019 at 8:38 PM
My googling is failing me again. Is there a way to change toddler clothing? On the changing table, I only see an option to change Everyday Outfit. Would like to change toddler's pjs into something else. (Yes, already bought the toddler clothes).

Also doesn't seem the sim manipulator has the option, either. I can select the toddler to change other people's clothing, just not theirs!

edit: by change, I really mean PLAN Outfit. Oops.
Theorist
#19298 Old 3rd Jun 2019 at 9:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheDraizeTrain
My googling is failing me again. Is there a way to change toddler clothing? On the changing table, I only see an option to change Everyday Outfit. Would like to change toddler's pjs into something else. (Yes, already bought the toddler clothes).

Also doesn't seem the sim manipulator has the option, either. I can select the toddler to change other people's clothing, just not theirs!

edit: by change, I really mean PLAN Outfit. Oops.

Can't that be done with a dresser or wardrobe? I think that's how I always did it.
Mad Poster
#19299 Old 3rd Jun 2019 at 9:10 PM
I mostly use the Wardrobe Adjuster that comes with the insimenator (the Simblender and a couple of other mods have similar functions). There are also modded toddler items that lets you change their outfit. I think CH did a mod alongside the custom baby clothing mod that allows for toddlers to plan other outfits.

I've used the Wardrobe Adjuster for so long I can hardly even remember which options are actually available in a vanilla game.

Oh, and make sure they actually have lothes to change into (you need to buy clothes for that). If they only have one outfit, the option to plan outfits may not be available (not entirely sure about this, though).

An adult/teen taking the toddler to a dresser should also work.
Field Researcher
#19300 Old 3rd Jun 2019 at 9:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Misty_2004
Can't that be done with a dresser or wardrobe? I think that's how I always did it.

Nope, not for me at least. Toddler can't click on it on its own. And adult holding toddler doesn't have option to change or plan toddler's outfit.
Page 772 of 1346