Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#19301 Old 3rd Jun 2019 at 9:12 PM
Mod conflict, maybe? They should at least have PJs and outerwear available in default wardrobes and changing tables, if I remember correctly (which I may not).

I have a pregwearall mod, and it sometimes makes the everyday option disappear from wardrobes for AF (not always, just occasionally, maybe only on certain lots). I've just chosen to ignore it because I use a mod anyway.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#19302 Old 3rd Jun 2019 at 9:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
I mostly use the Wardrobe Adjuster that comes with the insimenator (the Simblender and a couple of other mods have similar functions). There are also modded toddler items that lets you change their outfit. I think CH did a mod alongside the custom baby clothing mod that allows for toddlers to plan other outfits.

I've used the Wardrobe Adjuster for so long I can hardly even remember which options are actually available in a vanilla game.

Oh, and make sure they actually have lothes to change into (you need to buy clothes for that). If they only have one outfit, the option to plan outfits may not be available (not entirely sure about this, though).

An adult/teen taking the toddler to a dresser should also work.

I've never used the Insimenator. I primary use the sim blender and didn't see an option for toddlers. I only just downloaded the sim manipulator today, but didn't see how to work it for toddlers. Not sure I want to download the Insimentator, as this link (http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...c,100226.0.html) says its unsupported and apparently does the same things as the other two anyway.

As stated in my first post, I did buy the clothes already. Along with the default clothes it grow up into, it should have at least two pairs of pjs now.
Mad Poster
#19303 Old 3rd Jun 2019 at 9:26 PM
You're supposed to be able to plan outfit for toddlers with the changing table; but it might have been something that was added in an expansion, in which case a custom table made before that expansion would lack the capacity. I know I have that problem with mirrors sometimes.
This is not a relevant consideration if you're not using a custom table, though. In that case either the outfits are glitching or a mod conflict or piece of bad CC is having an unexpected side effect.
Can you plan outfit for a different toddler in a different household? If not, then you're probably stuck with the 50/50. If you can, though, you need to experiment with the household the problem exists in. Buy more clothes (maybe there's something wrong with the ones you bought?), try a different changing table, anything you can think of.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#19304 Old 3rd Jun 2019 at 9:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
You're supposed to be able to plan outfit for toddlers with the changing table; but it might have been something that was added in an expansion, in which case a custom table made before that expansion would lack the capacity. I know I have that problem with mirrors sometimes.
This is not a relevant consideration if you're not using a custom table, though. In that case either the outfits are glitching or a mod conflict or piece of bad CC is having an unexpected side effect.
Can you plan outfit for a different toddler in a different household? If not, then you're probably stuck with the 50/50. If you can, though, you need to experiment with the household the problem exists in. Buy more clothes (maybe there's something wrong with the ones you bought?), try a different changing table, anything you can think of.

Appreciate the reminder to test with other households! OMG so I'm a dummy. Apparently the striped pjs I bought are not actually pjs, but everyday wear, so that's why I didn't actually have two set of pjs. Sorry for wasting everyone's time! *hides in shame*
Mad Poster
#19305 Old 3rd Jun 2019 at 9:58 PM
Hey, we've all done similar things! An awful lot of toddler clothes are both PJ and Everyday so it's not hard to get confused.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#19306 Old 3rd Jun 2019 at 11:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheDraizeTrain
Appreciate the reminder to test with other households! OMG so I'm a dummy. Apparently the striped pjs I bought are not actually pjs, but everyday wear, so that's why I didn't actually have two set of pjs. Sorry for wasting everyone's time! *hides in shame*

If you want them as pj's just to change the property set on each recolour 0x00000010

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#19307 Old 3rd Jun 2019 at 11:54 PM
Is there a mod for fire insurance? With More Dangerous Fires and Delayed Emergency Services, my sims are starting to need some.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#19308 Old 3rd Jun 2019 at 11:56 PM
I've never used the Insimenator. I primary use the sim blender and didn't see an option for toddlers.

For these mods the toddler must be selected, not the parent. They should be able to change into and plan all available categories (not the unavailable ones for toddlers, like gym and maternity).

I think SimBlender has most of the options the Insimenator does, but with some variations.
Top Secret Researcher
#19309 Old 4th Jun 2019 at 12:20 AM
I've never used the Insimenator. I primary use the sim blender and didn't see an option for toddlers. I only just downloaded the sim manipulator today, but didn't see how to work it for toddlers. Not sure I want to download the Insimentator, as this link (http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...c,100226.0.html) says its unsupported and apparently does the same things as the other two anyway.

As stated in my first post, I did buy the clothes already. Along with the default clothes it grow up into, it should have at least two pairs of pjs now.

@TheDraizeTrain

Unsupported just means that they don't have any one who is going to fix it in some way and that they only offer limited help, There is a nice web site that has online help with it and The InSimenator does some things that they other similar mods don't do.

This is the link to the Documentation: https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/InSimenator

I have and use regularly The InSimenator{Object Version}, The Sim Blender and The Sim Manipulator., the reason why is each of them has their uses and each of them does something that the others do not do or don't do as well. So I have all three installed and they don't conflict as far as I know due to their being objects.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Field Researcher
#19310 Old 4th Jun 2019 at 12:23 AM
For these mods the toddler must be selected, not the parent. They should be able to change into and plan all available categories (not the unavailable ones for toddlers, like gym and maternity).

I think SimBlender has most of the options the Insimenator does, but with some variations.

Right, thought that was implied as known usage. The issue has been resolved already in my previous post.
Mad Poster
#19311 Old 4th Jun 2019 at 12:27 AM
^ I know your issue was solved, but it was just a tiny bit unclear from your posts if you already knew this, so I thought I'd add it.

For a bonus fact, you can also change infants' clothing with the mods (but need CH's mod for plan/buy). The Wardrobe Adjuster has insta-cange for clothes, so sims can be in the middle of an action and change their clothes without stopping what they're doing, as opposed to changing with a wardrobe or some other mods that need the sim to stop what they're doing and go through an acton.

--

Regarding the use of Insim/SimBlender,

The Insimenator was updated for AL/M&G and I think it saw a few more updates before support ended, so technically it's just as safe as using any other AL/M&G unsupported mod (just like SimBlender and other similar, unsupported mods). I've used it almost since I started playing back in 2006. Only once had an issue with it, but only because I'd added a new EP and forgotten to switch it for the newer model (I think it was when I added Pets - my sims kept jumping around like crazy, but after updating everything was fine). I've even used in Castaway Stories without any issues (though I was careful to only use certain functions).

I have both the Insimenator and the SimBlender in my game, though I don't use the latter much. I guess it just comes down to preference and what you're used to.
Alchemist
#19312 Old 4th Jun 2019 at 12:40 AM
I use InSim all the time. I'm used to it. It works. I have the others but don't even know them well enough to call on them much.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#19313 Old 4th Jun 2019 at 2:19 AM
@simmer22 I have the naked default from MTS and this shows on the birth cut scene, but as soon as they are born the baby wears one of those 4t2 outfits. Would adding some zzz to the file name ensure the baby stays naked until the parent buys clothes?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#19314 Old 4th Jun 2019 at 11:40 AM
No, the zzz only helps a file load last. The 4t2 outfits would need to be detownified.

Naked is one of the outfit options for the insim wardrobe adjusters (works for a selectable baby), possibly also simblender, so that is an option.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#19315 Old 4th Jun 2019 at 11:55 AM
I found this on townifying https://rikkulidea.livejournal.com/23530.html so what would I need to detownify?

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#19316 Old 4th Jun 2019 at 12:28 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 4th Jun 2019 at 2:06 PM.
Quote:
Townifying:
- Any outfit that will NOT be YA-available: Change the creator and family values to all zeros. Handy cut and paste key: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 . Then change the flag value to 0x00000000 .
- YA Clothes: Do the above step, then change both the product and the version values to 0x00000000.
(Note: If PRODUCT and VERSION do not exist, then add them. Pick any value with (dtUInteger) next to it, then hit the "add" link underneath value. This will add another value with the same name. Rename it to do the value you needed, like "product" and then change the value field to 0x00000000.)

I'd think you would need to reverse this.

Open up another non-towniefied outfit and copy the Flag, Product and Version values from it to the outfit you want to change.
You can make a new key with the hash generator (under "tools/Object tools" in SimPE, click "GUID" and copy the value), and paste it into the Family value. Make another one for Creator. I don't think the numbers matter for clothes, but they can't be all zeros.
Commit changes, and save the file.

It's the main reason why I don't townify my infant outfits (if I do, I also have a regular version available). It's much easier and quicker to batch-townify outfits than it is to de-townify them.
Mad Poster
#19317 Old 4th Jun 2019 at 6:16 PM
I read this ---http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=623836&c=1&ht=&page=1&pp=25#startcomments---about building an "empty pool"; you put a pool ladder in it and Sims will dive in! You can't just build a basement hole, because that creates a ditch around it, and you have to cover that with flooring; but you can't put a ladder on that even with Move Objects. That thread had a bit about using ground restraints, and other programs (that I don't have), and the whole thing sounded complicated. So, wanting my Sims to get in an empty pool (& do WHAT?), or - better yet- DIVE in! (Will they go splat! Swim?) If the stupid Sims dive in and swim in the non-water, can they drown in the non-water)!? Can someone help me figure out how to try this experiment?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#19318 Old 4th Jun 2019 at 7:55 PM
Well, if YOU find it too complicated, I'm pretty sure I couldn't even read the instructions. It does pose a lot of questions, though. Like removing the pool ladder if you want them to die isn't good enough? Do they bleed when the go splat? Why, just why??

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#19319 Old 4th Jun 2019 at 8:35 PM
Isn't this roughly how you'd make a swimmable lake?
Not sure why you'd want your sims to swim around in an empty hole (they'd probably be swiming around in air), though.
Mad Poster
#19320 Old 4th Jun 2019 at 8:42 PM
Sims will swim in ground cover if they have a pool ladder
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#19321 Old 4th Jun 2019 at 11:19 PM
I'd think you would need to reverse this.

Open up another non-towniefied outfit and copy the Flag

Oh of course, I didn't even think of that. Ugh, though there are so many of them and I assume all that needs to be done for each recolour. I really don't understand why they would townify them in the first place.

~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#19322 Old 5th Jun 2019 at 3:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
I read this ---http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=623836&c=1&ht=&page=1&pp=25#startcomments---about building an "empty pool"; you put a pool ladder in it and Sims will dive in! (...) If the stupid Sims dive in and swim in the non-water, can they drown in the non-water)!? Can someone help me figure out how to try this experiment?

I haven't tried that method, but I have built a number of swimmable lakes and so on, and I did read that thread a while ago. Came away wondering why you would bother, really, expect for a specific story need such as the OP had.

If there is a pool ladder, your sims will swim in the empty hole. Ditto for diving board. I fully expect they would then drown if you took the ladder away.

Mootilda's GridAdjuster is not really difficult to use, but a bit mathy for my liking. Having figured out how to make half-height foundations with it for patios, I made a set of templates so I wouldn't need to do it fresh each time.

Sunrader has a useful tutorial written in post 11 on that thread - is that something you tried? Mootilda's programs are very well-tested and safe, it's just getting your head around how to get the result you want from them.

The Grid Adjuster would be the best way to get the empty pool effect, with max usability by sims. The CFE method discussed is what requires extra retaining walls, to hide the slope necessarily created.
Mad Poster
#19323 Old 5th Jun 2019 at 6:37 AM
Yes, why. "Swimable" lakes I've done. The thread I linked to was originally someone wanting to make what would LOOK like an empty pool; the open basement with tile around the edges would work. But the discussion got into ladder, diving board, and slide attraction. It seems that the ladder is what tells the game "here is a swimming pool", so where ever THAT is would cause Sims to "climb in", and "swim". When they do this IN THE GROUND they keep popping up... so I guess they could not drown in the dirt. MY POINT is just curiosity (and I always like to make my sims do weird stuff) - so I want to see swimming in nothing. And without a ladder, what happens? Just can't find an easy way to create it.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#19324 Old 5th Jun 2019 at 7:05 AM
They will gain nature enthusiasm if they swim in the ground and find a number of plants along the way
Forum Resident
#19325 Old 5th Jun 2019 at 5:16 PM
Has anyone ever managed to get rid of the "moat" in front of the Summerdream house? I actually really like it and it can be made playable with a little editing but the fact that there's that moat in the front always bothered me...
Page 773 of 1347