Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
#19326 Old 5th Jun 2019 at 9:27 PM
Yeah, I think so (I say I think so because I don't remember there being actual water, but it's been a while since I played Veronaville). The last time I played it, months ago, I flattened most of the lot and put in a long driveway as I didn't really want to work with all the unique "features" that lot had going on for a change. I think I left the right side and the lowest part of the hill alone, but I used CFE to flatten the rest of the house to the level of the backyard square/courtyard thing they've got going on. I also might have moved the house over a tile or two. CFE was a pretty tedious way to do it though--there might be an easier way, perhaps you could flatten the whole lot with the lot adjuster?

I have a question:

Is there a list or thread on random neighborhood scenarios (as opposed to just lists of scenarios for a single sim or household)?

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#19327 Old 5th Jun 2019 at 9:29 PM
Hi everyone! I have a quick question about when you have a male sim woohooing with a female sim on his lot. If I made the female sim selectable just for the woohoo (I have ACR with a risky percentage of 20%), made her unselectable and save, is there a chance that the female sim might be pregnant when I go back to play her on her lot? Or is it not possible? I've been doing this but haven't had a sim get pregnant yet. Wondering if I'm wasting my time.
Mad Poster
#19328 Old 5th Jun 2019 at 9:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Finaleia
Hi everyone! I have a quick question about when you have a male sim woohooing with a female sim on his lot. If I made the female sim selectable just for the woohoo (I have ACR with a risky percentage of 20%), made her unselectable and save, is there a chance that the female sim might be pregnant when I go back to play her on her lot? Or is it not possible? I've been doing this but haven't had a sim get pregnant yet. Wondering if I'm wasting my time.

I tried it with ACR once using the method you described and got an error message as soon as the female sim left the lot because the pregnancy controller kept coming up as error until I deleted it. Though I also have a Chris Hatch mod that seems to allow 'try for baby' options to work with non-playable sims. After the female sim went home I loaded her lot and she was indeed pregnant and everything progressed as normal.

Might as well try and get a sim pregnant on purpose just to see if it does work. From what I know it's not going to corrupt your game just to try.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Forum Resident
#19329 Old 5th Jun 2019 at 9:44 PM
@Phantomknight
I tried using the in-game lot flattening tool to flatten the thing, but it somehow keeps the hole in the front, I don't know about the others though...
What do you mean by random neighborhood scenarios? Like, the Monty-Capp feud, or some random event that affects the entire neighborhood?
@Finaleia
I believe yes, they should stay pregnant IF she gets pregnant. I even remember this working with a townie, but my memory may serve me wrong...
Undead Molten Llama
#19330 Old 5th Jun 2019 at 9:47 PM

No, it won't work. It's because the pregnancy controller only exists on the pregnant Sim's home lot. This is why, for instance, pregnancies don't proceed on community or vacation lots. If you do the above and a pregnancy happens, you'll just get a borked pregnancy controller on the lot, causing errors like BigSimsFan described. You can clear the borked controller, but you still won't have a pregnancy.

What I'd do is have your Sims do the deed and roll a die/use a random number generator to "decide" if a pregnancy happens. If it does, then when you play her home lot, knock her up with the guy Sim's DNA, using one of the many modded objects that will allow you to do that. (Sim Blender, Sim Manipulator, InSimenator, even the Tombstone of Life & Death.)

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Lab Assistant
#19331 Old 5th Jun 2019 at 10:03 PM Last edited by Finaleia : 5th Jun 2019 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Didn't realize I had two replies.
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
I tried it with ACR once using the method you described and got an error message as soon as the female sim left the lot because the pregnancy controller kept coming up as error until I deleted it. Though I also have a Chris Hatch mod that seems to allow 'try for baby' options to work with non-playable sims. After the female sim went home I loaded her lot and she was indeed pregnant and everything progressed as normal.

Might as well try and get a sim pregnant on purpose just to see if it does work. From what I know it's not going to corrupt your game just to try.

Quote: Originally posted by iCad
No, it won't work. It's because the pregnancy controller only exists on the pregnant Sim's home lot. This is why, for instance, pregnancies don't proceed on community or vacation lots. If you do the above and a pregnancy happens, you'll just get a borked pregnancy controller on the lot, causing errors like BigSimsFan described. You can clear the borked controller, but you still won't have a pregnancy.

What I'd do is have your Sims do the deed and roll a die/use a random number generator to "decide" if a pregnancy happens. If it does, then when you play her home lot, knock her up with the guy Sim's DNA, using one of the many modded objects that will allow you to do that. (Sim Blender, Sim Manipulator, InSimenator, even the Tombstone of Life & Death.)

Thank you both! I was thinking I read that somewhere, but needed to have it clarified for me. I'm going to just roll for the chance.
Alchemist
#19332 Old 5th Jun 2019 at 10:17 PM
about making another lot's resident pregnant, some ways to check::
-insimenator hack, or Sim Manipulator or Sim Blender. all 3 hacks can check/modify pregnancy status or make pregnant if not already.
-Tombstone of L & D spawn object. it also can cause/manipulate pregnancies.
-any WooHoo object. if the "Try For Baby" social is absent in pie menu, she is probably pregnant.
-wait for the "bump". the belly of pregnant sims grow about 25 sim hours after conception; and again around 50 sim hours.
-check for symptoms. 1st day pregnant sims at times vomit.
Alchemist
#19333 Old 5th Jun 2019 at 10:35 PM
Maybe you only get errors with townies? Because I've definitely used the 'make selectable' method with playables. That's how my Leod McGreggor was (finally) able to have kids--he was seeing uni playable Sarah Love and she was able to get pregnant while selectable on his lot. I didn't have any problems with the pregnancy on either of their lots and I was able to have her give birth on Leod's lot while she was selectable awhile later. So Idk what's going on there.

@sugoisama, did you use the constrain floor elevation cheat before you flattened the lot? I used that when I renovated. I'll double check my game tonight and make sure the hole is in fact gone.

And by random scenarios, I mean just a list of events you can roll to implement in the game later. Like, roll a 5 and that means a plague should sweep through town next rotation, but roll a 10 and some politician running for office donates a park or a statue to the town, etc. Though I guess family feuds could be on the list, too. A list of simming ideas, basically, for when you get stuck or to introduce randomness into your hood.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#19334 Old 5th Jun 2019 at 10:43 PM
I'm sure I've seen such lists, PhantomKnight, but I don't know specifically where. If you check the neighborhood-level challenges, such as Test of Time, Prosperity, and Build a City, though, you should be able to find some.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Alchemist
#19335 Old 5th Jun 2019 at 11:55 PM
Good idea, Peni! Thanks!

aka Kelyns | she/her
Forum Resident
#19336 Old 6th Jun 2019 at 6:10 AM

With certain mods, yes. I can do with inTeen.
Mad Poster
#19337 Old 6th Jun 2019 at 12:32 PM
I don't use inteen, but I do have insim. That's how I do it. I tried with sim manipulator, but couldn't get it to work. The trick with insim is to make her selectable a minute or two before you try to impregnate her. That gives it enough time to do whatever magic it does.

Johnny Utah currently has two women pregnant this way. I invite them over every day to let their pregnancies advance. They don't have to be selectable then, but they do have to be on the lot. I'm going to let them give birth and then he will get get custody of the children.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Alchemist
#19338 Old 6th Jun 2019 at 1:00 PM
Ah, inspiredzone, that makes sense, then--I have ACR and inTeen, so that would explain how I was able to do it if it wasn't ACR.

aka Kelyns | she/her
Inventor
#19339 Old 6th Jun 2019 at 4:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Hey, we've all done similar things! An awful lot of toddler clothes are both PJ and Everyday so it's not hard to get confused.

Sometimes I still get confused about the in-game clothing. There's that fluffy GL fur coat I thought was outerwear, only to be reminded that it was formal when one of my townie guests showed up in for it in a summer wedding. Another townie guest showed up in a wedding dress when she wasn't the bride (although she was the groom's former lover), and a random walkby in a pirate outfit invaded the party to grab some food before leaving, but that last part's not related. Maybe.

Question: I have this default replacement for an AF hat hair that isn't a hat, but it's apparently still flagged as a hat because she takes it off when changing clothing and gets into another hairstyle. I'm not sure what to edit; it's categorized for all outfits and the flag is 0 (unhidden, townie-enabled), not 2 (hat). Now that I think about it, the Diva has the same problem, except that her DR hair completely disappears whenever she changes clothes, though everyone else with the same hairstyle doesn't have that issue. Hmm...
Test Subject
#19340 Old 6th Jun 2019 at 5:06 PM
I'm having a problem with apartments in Belladonna Cove. When I loaded Jessica Peterson's trailer park, she went to her neighbors' trailers to introduce herself, but when she went inside two of those, everything in them was dark, the furniture was black and so was Jessica and the neighbors. I checked another lots, they have the same issue. Deleting the lot, then putting it back seems to solve it. But what could be causing it?
Theorist
#19341 Old 6th Jun 2019 at 5:51 PM
I saw this post by BigSimsFan of Jessa's video and gave it a try on the PV townies. I do like the townies, but some could stand to do with a bit of minor plastic surgery and some of them in their taste in clothing... ick.

So I'm likin how BS remade townies are comin out so thought I'd see bout makin them perm replacements. Where would I find the originals? And is it as easy as just makin the body shop sim, then a CAS sim (that if read correctly sounds funny ... create a sim sim...lol.. but anyways), and then puttin the newly created sims file in place of the original? Would this also work with premade uni students? And what 'bout ...err I think it's Martin Reuben's borked face? I do argon's fixes.
Mad Poster
#19342 Old 6th Jun 2019 at 8:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
And what 'bout ...err I think it's Martin Reuben's borked face? I do argon's fixes.

Argon's fixes won't have any effect on sims that are already in the game. To fix Reuben's face, use your favorite method of plastic surgery to make some small change to his face. It doesn't have to be a big change. Then use the DNA fixer in my signature to make the surgery permanent/genetic.
Mad Poster
#19343 Old 6th Jun 2019 at 8:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
They don't have to be selectable then, but they do have to be on the lot. I'm going to let them give birth and then he will get get custody of the children.

=========
I thought NPC's had to be selectable/playable for pregnancy to advance.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#19344 Old 6th Jun 2019 at 9:21 PM Last edited by smorbie1 : 6th Jun 2019 at 9:40 PM.
that's why they have to be on the lot :3 They will come over, hang out a bit, pop a tummy or give birth, and leave.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#19345 Old 6th Jun 2019 at 9:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama
Has anyone ever managed to get rid of the "moat" in front of the Summerdream house?
I thought of it more as a roadside ditch than a moat. In Veronaville (my original 'hood -- the one I've been playing since I first started up the game) towards the end of my first year of playing I added a more direct route between the house and the street by building steps that lead down from the foundation into the bottom of the ditch and a concrete path leading back up to the street. Pictures (from 2013) below (spoilered).

The Summerdreams and their visitors are quite happy to use my new front entrance (the second picture shows Bottom running to show her mum her wonderful report card), but going down into the bottom (pun unintended) of the ditch only to climb back out again, seems rather inelegant and a waste of effort. So my silly question today is: would it be possible to build a simple bridge across the ditch/moat? As I recall the top of the foundation of the house is level with the road and sidewalk. Maxis must have built the foundation on levelled ground four clicks lower than street level.

By chance the Summerdreams are now due to be played in my very loose rotations, so I have the opportunity to build them a bridge now if it is possible.
Screenshots

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#19346 Old 6th Jun 2019 at 9:56 PM
I hate that moat. I believe you can do a bridge with CFE.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Theorist
#19347 Old 6th Jun 2019 at 11:27 PM
I have an old neighborhood I've been digging around in trying to get rid of corruption and such. It has a total of 300 Sims and a good lot of them are duplicates? How on earth did that happen and what can I do to fix it? Can I fix it? Is there some way to merge those files to create a single Sim from them?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#19348 Old 7th Jun 2019 at 12:16 AM
I would extract and clone all the sims that you want to save.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#19349 Old 7th Jun 2019 at 12:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
Argon's fixes won't have any effect on sims that are already in the game. To fix Reuben's face, use your favorite method of plastic surgery to make some small change to his face. It doesn't have to be a big change. Then use the DNA fixer in my signature to make the surgery permanent/genetic.

I was thinkin more of doin to him and the other uni students with the the body shop change and using them as perm replacements.

I just wasn't sure if in doin that it would correct his borked face.
Theorist
#19350 Old 7th Jun 2019 at 12:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I would extract and clone all the sims that you want to save.

Shoot, I was afraid that might be the only solution. This family has alien offspring as well as human and they'd end up losing their genetics. And they have so many custom paintings and career rewards.
Page 774 of 1346