Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th May 2019 at 3:35 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Various bugs: Batbox crashing, Random NPCs b/c child ghosts, Time goes slow, Clicking jump error, Weird Quick Relations, Bath/Sleep interrupting when clicking, No queuing Fishing
I have so many bugs atm, gosh, where do I start? Figured I didn't want to spam the forum so hope it's okay to use one thread.

1 Any idea why batbox's Anti firstborn syndrome randomizer has started to crash my game?
Literally only works every other time. It always crashes the first time. I'm probably going to need to start rolling the pacifier in CAS instead.

2 I have a feeling these are related problems. It started with random NPCs showing up, like the witch and bigfoot from vacation hoods. (Yes, "Bigfoot Bigfoot") I don't even have a vacation hood attached! I think they are global NPCs. (Hello corruption?) Then I remembered I had read somewhere that child ghosts (which I have) can cause the bug that NPCs come to take them "home" because "it's too late to be out". Dead sims and NPCs share a household called "Default".

I just deleted the NPCs (was this a mistake?), but after that, Live mode takes AGES to load. Toggling from buy/build/catalogue mode to live mode (but not the other way around) takes well over a minute. Solved by restarting the game.

So my question is, would I be better off deleting the child tombstones or is this unrelated/can it be solved another way?
And I'm not talking about moving them to a community lot because I'd prefer not placing another community lot. This hood has only one, called "War". And I don't want to send them there in case it would cause a problem on that lot too. I have no-unlink-on-delete, so it should be safe to just delete them right? (I asked this before, and I already have some error-deleted tombstones so it's already been done anyway. And I found it's still possible to resurrect sims without tombstones.)

3 Sometimes time starts to go extremely slow. One sim minute takes like 4 seconds. And this is without any lag whatsoever, so it's not that. It's just the game time. I noticed that during that, customers can't buy stuff in the home business. Their meter just disappears after a short while. I solve it by doing the Tempus interruptus spell and then resuming the time. But it's a very invasive solution as it wipes the queue from everyone. So is there another way?

4 I've been having this clicking jump error bug for a long time now. Sometimes a sim just becomes unclickable or even just moving the mouse over them makes a jump error. I don't know why it starts or why it ends. Force error doesn't solve it. See video:

5 Insimenator's "Quick relations" has very unexpected results. Choosing Mutual relations/Sim/Acquaintance makes them IN LOVE instead of acquaintances! Choosing Enemies sometimes don't make them enemies, but only 0/0. And the results are most often NOT mutual. Especially when it comes to human/zombie relations. Solved by doing it twice for every sim, but that takes ages! So is there a better relations adjuster mod?

6 Not sure if this is a bug or just stupid game mechanics, in that case it might belong in WCIF. But sims always wake up or get out of the bath when clicking them as the active sim. Makes it impossible to queue some actions while they're sleeping or taking a bath. Can this be fixed?

7 I can't queue fishing anymore. I think I've been able to before, not sure, so maybe someone can confirm whether this is a bug or just stupid game mechanics. But fishing always drops from the queue after a while so I have to concentrate on one sim.

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 20th May 2019 at 5:24 AM
It sounds like conflicting mods to me. Does the game still do this if you remove all your mods and CC?
Field Researcher
#3 Old 20th May 2019 at 8:21 AM
It could be conflicting mods, as RoxEllen1965 said. Try removing all mods and see what happens then. Maybe something is preventing batbox from working properly. As for deleting tombstones, as long as you have nounlinkondelete it should not be a problem, and if you deleted any before installing the mod, using the resurrection method that involves replacing missing resources with the clone’s might work. NPCs are worrying, though. Universal ones are not tied to a subhood and are always added. Deleting them using buy mode shouldn’t hurt them, but won’t stop them from spawning again. Maybe try replacing the respective objects.package files with fresh ones and check in SimPE if they are still in Default household where they should be. Also use HoodChecker to resolve any issues that it lists.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st May 2019 at 12:29 AM
Oh wow I don't know how I would go about playing without mods I was hoping there would be a better solution. This hood heavily depends on mods (it's medieval). I guess it'll be more like testing than actually playing. It'll be difficult to recreate certain scenarios though, like the slow time and jump error bug. I don't know when or why it starts. I just now have to check the time from time to time (no pun intended) to make sure it's not running slow, and I do it too often. But for the fishing and stuff I could try that.

I'm a bit nervous about removing all mods though, because I read some mods shouldn't be removed. I didn't know about this before downloading BO's No Sim Loaded. Makes me wonder if that is to blame for something, but I can't remove it now can I? >.< In that case it's like the hand trap in Saw, you can put your hand in but you can't pull it out.

But I guess it should be fine if I use a test folder?
Thanks for your replies!

Field Researcher
#5 Old 21st May 2019 at 4:04 AM
Just make a backup of your hood(s) before pulling your downloads and restore that when you're done with testing. That way you don't really need to worry about which mods you're allowed to remove. You just have to remember to put the backup back in before playing, otherwise you might be in trouble. :P

I think the easiest solution to your second problem would be to get Cyjon's Ghost Hack (http://www.cyjon.net/node/188). It prevents dead children from haunting. As for the jump bug, it might help if you post the error log. 3 and 6 definitely sound like they could be mod conflicts. For 5, you could try the sim manipulator. Part of it is the relationship manipulator and that should be able to do what you want here. As for the fishing: This is sadly very annoying vanilla game behaviour and I'm not sure whether anyone ever fixed that?

Visit My Test of Time Challenge: wordpress & livejournal
Mad Poster
#6 Old 21st May 2019 at 11:22 AM
I will ask the following questions first:
1. Do you have Cyjon's Smarter EP check? Because a lot of mods will not work without it in your downloads folder.
2. Have you made sure that all your mods - where applicable - have been updated for AL?
3. Have you run the HCDU?

I will only start with a 50/50 after these 3 myself. Good luck
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Jun 2019 at 3:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TheFlyingRaccoon
Just make a backup of your hood(s) before pulling your downloads and restore that when you're done with testing. That way you don't really need to worry about which mods you're allowed to remove. You just have to remember to put the backup back in before playing, otherwise you might be in trouble. :P

I think the easiest solution to your second problem would be to get Cyjon's Ghost Hack (http://www.cyjon.net/node/188). It prevents dead children from haunting. As for the jump bug, it might help if you post the error log. 3 and 6 definitely sound like they could be mod conflicts. For 5, you could try the sim manipulator. Part of it is the relationship manipulator and that should be able to do what you want here. As for the fishing: This is sadly very annoying vanilla game behaviour and I'm not sure whether anyone ever fixed that?

Sorry for the late reply but thank you! I'll try that mod! Although I don't see where it says child ghosts won't haunt...
Hmm I don't know where that error log is now (yes I know which folder but I don't know which log is for which bug.) I'll try looking in the folder next time I have that bug.
I'll also try sim manipulator! Everyone is talking about that! And here I am just using insimenator

Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
I will ask the following questions first:
1. Do you have Cyjon's Smarter EP check? Because a lot of mods will not work without it in your downloads folder.
2. Have you made sure that all your mods - where applicable - have been updated for AL?
3. Have you run the HCDU?

I will only start with a 50/50 after these 3 myself. Good luck

1. Yes
2. I don't know? Nowadays when I download mods it usually says on the page whether it's compatible for AL, but not always. I also don't know if I have any old mods that aren't updated, and I don't know how to check that without googling every single one... that's a pain.
3. Yes. The only conflicts that come up are things that seem to conflict intentionally (because they're from the same creator about the same mod, e.g. potions.) Or things that possibly couldn't be related to the issues. For example, Break up anytime and Breakup fixes by pescado, pescado's nohobbyspam and another related hobby mod. I haven't noticed any bugs regarding those mods yet.

Anyway, thanks!

Mad Poster
#8 Old 3rd Jun 2019 at 8:10 AM
There is one thing else you can try: search your downloads folder by date modified, and remove the latest downloads first. The chances are that the problems could have started after you had installed something.
Then it will be 50/50, so good luck.