Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th May 2016 at 2:00 PM
Default Improved meal quality on a stove
Not sure if this this the correct forum for this, sorry if it isn't.

Just groping around so far where modding goes, experimenting.

So here's my question. What controls the quality of meals cooked on stoves? If you cook on a cheap stove you get the 'uneven cooking' buff. Okay, the solution is to buy a better stove. Sure, but I want to keep this particular cheap stove, since it looks perfect in my 'olde worlde' kitchen, a modern stove would spoil the whole look of it. I tried upgrading it in game, but that doesn't make any difference. So, how could I make it so that that particular cheap stove doesn't do that? If it is merely a matter of price, could I not make a clone of the stove, and edit it in S3PE to alter the price? Or is it more complicated than that?

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 11th May 2016 at 1:15 AM
My guess (and it -is- a guess) is that there is a script that the cheap stove has that the better ones don't. I would suggest (if you have the skill) that you might want to clone a more expensive stove, and then replace the mesh with your cheap stove mesh.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th May 2016 at 1:27 AM
Interesting. Well, as I say, I am finding my way about modding and its all a learning experience, so I'll try that. Thanks.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Alchemist
#4 Old 27th May 2016 at 11:51 PM
If you want to give a stove the properties of an expensive one, you can simply change its script class to point to the expensive stove.
This is done by editing the OBJK resource and simply replacing the "Cheap" part with either "Modern" or "Expensive" (you can either look in the game files or clone an expensive stove, to see how the script class is called).

This thread is specifically about a stove, too!

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!